The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini To meet with Jim Benning today

Rate this topic

cuporbust

It is not easy to continually add 6 to 8 players a year and get a united team. Maybe we should have expected this?

An honest question. 

Teams take a while to jell. There are still some glaring weaknesses on the defensive side of this group.

Forth line and defense.

Yup the annual “ what wrong with your team” meeting.

Jim “ excuse excuse excuse excuse”

FA” I see” “ we’ll just like last summer when I called to tell you you aren’t fired I don’t want to waste anymore money on coaches or gm contracts so you can keep your job. 
jim “ so I’m not fired wow!  excuse excuse excuse I’ll trade another 1st rounder that’ll fix it”

FA “ ok” “ it’s not like anyone of quality will work for me anyway.”

Jim “ good meeting see you in 4 days for another one.” “Lets get a photo together” 9590D8F0-CC8D-4BCC-901A-BA8BEA4BFC8E.jpeg.2306bdee330de979ec8550ac21df813a.jpeg

Edited by combover

I don't care about High Level Meetings. The brand has lost me in their sea of incompetence.  I won't replace them with another team, I 'll just drop NHL hockey. I'm pretty sure my home studio will keep me busy. 

So thank you for keeping it interesting. I was here for a long time and have much respect for the good people a'board. 

• Huggy Bear 1

11 minutes ago, fungopop said:

I don't care about High Level Meetings. The brand has lost me in their sea of incompetence.  I won't replace them with another team, I 'll just drop NHL hockey. I'm pretty sure my home studio will keep me busy. 

So thank you for keeping it interesting. I was here for a long time and have much respect for the good people a'board. 

1...2...3 posts you're out of Canucks dot com!  

I'm still a sucker for punishment, so I come here every day, on and off all day, to follow my favourite team, who continually disappoint me. I need a home studio too. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Jim: "ah well, you know, Mr. Aquafina. Can I call you Fran?"  

Francesco:  "No, It's Francesco....Aqualini".

Jim:  "Oh sure, Mr. Aqualung. So, Travis is a good coach, and you know,  there's a lot of new guys on the team, and you know, COVID, so, I feel Travis can get these guys back on track."

Francesco:  "Jim,  people are still buying tickets and merchandise. Travis is so well respected throughout the league, and you're doing a great job. I'm sure things will turn around and the wins will come.  Ebbs and flows, am I right?" 

Jim: "aww thanks Francisco. Is it okay to use the 2022 1st to help us now?"

Clueless owners hiring a clueless GM who hired a clueless head coach.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

The owner is slowly killing his own brand. Double downing to prove to the fans and hockey world that we don’t need a rebuild. The man must look himself in the mirror and be honest with reality. If not, the boobirds MUST do their job this home stand. I know I will be there Friday to show my displeasure fandom. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

The owner is slowly killing his own brand. Double downing to prove to the fans and hockey world that we don’t need a rebuild. The man must look himself in the mirror and be honest with reality. If not, the boobirds MUST do their job this home stand. I know I will be there Friday to show my displeasure fandom. 

he's a real estate developer, waiting is kind of their thing.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, fungopop said:

the sound of music party GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fungopop said:

A6DFB091-59D7-45E1-B7AC-E393EE7F952B.jpeg

10 hours ago, appleboy said:

It is not easy to continually add 6 to 8 players a year and get a united team. Maybe we should have expected this?

An honest question. 

Teams take a while to jell. There are still some glaring weaknesses on the defensive side of this group.

Forth line and defense.

I think these players should be able to figure it out. They are professionals and have played on different teams and different systems so they should be able to adapt. Great coaches can change systems mid game and are able to win so after 16-17 games these guys should have things figured out.

One thing though that could have messed the players up was that Green didn't give the starters any complete games together in preseason. The final game was close but these guys should have had several games together before regular season.

Edited by GB5

Aqua is not happy, Benning does not look happy, Petey does not look happy, BUT why is Green smirking during the presser trying to keep looking like a smarta**. 

Priority number 1 get rid of Green.

Quote from Green during presser

" all teams use similar pk system LMAO"

What a clueless fool.

Edited by PositionOfPower

On 11/18/2021 at 1:38 AM, fungopop said:

The brand has been sinking since 2011. Aqua needs to stop consulting with Courtnall and get a better adviser. Aqua has bad hiring skills, Benning has bad hiring skills, Green is a incompetent coach acting like he knows all when he dont't know sh**. The result no wonder.

Edited by PositionOfPower