The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Francesco Aquilini To meet with Jim Benning today

Rate this topic

cuporbust

1 hour ago, Bertorama said:

Your fired up ! Love the passion for the team. 

Still Green is just a guy who’s lost his team. I bet he’s a good guy away from the game.  At least he’s not verbally assaulting players or covering up sexual assaults. No that is a different level of garbage. 

We're bad but at least we're not Chicago bad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hmmm ..  and EP40’s play isn’t a part of this,.?

Or many others?  
I guess it’s easy to go in behind the bench when the entire bench has played underwhelmingly <<. (Big word for a big problem.)

You don't think there's any correlation (another big word) between 2/3rds of the team underperforming... and coaching? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Industrious1 said:

We getting into 'rebuild the rebuild' territory yet?

Benning never did a rebuild, those years we were god awful he was adding picks like a rebuilding team does. He didn’t trade nearly

enough players off when he could and should have. He traded too many picks. He went the re tool route and now this is where we are, I don’t think we are at a point now to where we can re build, but changes absolutely need to be made

1 hour ago, PLOGUE said:

The wording of this leads me to believe that we will see Miller traded within a week. Benning isn't going to throw his coach that he just extended under the bus so he's probably going to point to Miller, his much reported on behavior on ice and the quote where he said he would like to see some change and say they need his voice out of the room.

I hope I'm wrong & Green is gone but this smells like a chance for the GM to save his & the coaches butts.

If Miller is traded, then JB has bought the narrative from Hirsch.   

Imo, any roster tweaking outside of ChaseOn being let go, indicates the clueless inability of this leadership group to fix the issue they (unknowingly ?) cause; and if Aquaman, cannot see that the issue is leadership - then this can only get worse and all of the posturing shows no accountability, starting from the top.  

doctor fucks GIF

Edited by ShawnAntoski

19 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I say hire Gorton as president of hockey opts effectively demoting Jim. Good compromise to enact change at the management level while also avoiding player fall out with sudden management overhaul early in the season. 

Let Gorton decide if Jim is still suitable to be GM if not he can can Jim at the end of the season and take over himself or hire another GM. 

I don’t think the players would be too upset if Weisbrod and Benning were canned. There have been lots of warning signs regarding players not feeling the team communices effectively down to them.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

You can't win when your coach is a cancer in the room though.    Allowing that piece of garbage to coach another game is simply not acceptable.

Now he's a cancer in the room? Where is the actual evidence of that, and not the False Fact BS of tRumpers?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PLOGUE said:

The wording of this leads me to believe that we will see Miller traded within a week. Benning isn't going to throw his coach that he just extended under the bus so he's probably going to point to Miller, his much reported on behavior on ice and the quote where he said he would like to see some change and say they need his voice out of the room.

I hope I'm wrong & Green is gone but this smells like a chance for the GM to save his & the coaches butts.

I'd get rid of coach and player if I were JB.  Maybe the remaining players could rally around Green if they moved Miller, but it might just be easier to wipe the slate clean there.

It likely isn't just Miller (if that's who it is at all) and more than one player might need to go

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I'll say it again

At the end of Sept, people on this forum who over the last 2 weeks have said otherwise, as well as hockey pundits claimed the canucks had the deepest most skilled team they've iced since 2012.  Now they want them gone.

I'd fire Green yesterday, everything about the on ice product is HIM.  The EXACT same issues we've seen for years, it's on him.

Benning, has had 8 years and his leash should be shorter than that of an angry pitbull in a daycare.

I'd say Green needs to be gone yesterday, I gave him 30 games hope he doesn't make 20.

Benning, I'd keep until the 2023 draft under the provision he is NOT allowed to trade any picks and see what it would take to retain him as either assistant GM or head/chief of scouting where his talents really shine.

So Green 3 games or less

Benning 2022 Draft or end of 2023 season/draft

Most projections had them outside of the playoffs.  There were serious concerns about the D-corps.  

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I don’t think the players would be too upset if Weisbrod and Benning were canned. There have been lots of warning signs regarding players not feeling the team communices effectively down to them.

Not really being upset, more like they will see it as the season is already lost and ownership is writing them off.

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Friedman said the meeting isn't about making changes but more how to fix the situation.

Don't know how they'll fix it without changes.

More of the same, I guess.

Yay.

But I'm sure Aquilini and Benning will come out after and announce how this time they will double their efforts and are determined its going to be TWICE as much of the same this time.