The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans attending Wednesday - please be civil

Rate this topic

dougieL

8 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Fans have every right to be upset, but I hope that they can remain civil and classy no matter what the outcome of Wednesday's game. I'd hate hear "Fire ----" chants or see jerseys thrown on the ice. The coaches and players are already struggling in a very public way and don't need another thing to stress them out. And Wednesday will be a national game - the country will be watching.

Think about how the players will feel - yes, they make a lot of money, but they're also under immense pressure everyday and are playing their hearts out. I'm no fan of Green as a coach, but he comes across as a genuinely nice person. And remember how Jim Benning mentioned that the "Fire Benning" banner affected his family more than it did him.

Please, no matter what happens, remember that the GM, coach, and players are human beings who are trying their best. Let's show that we are a classy hockey market who will support our team in tough times.

watching arrested development GIF

Are you kidding, we had some trying to rally people to boo Hunt off the ice.  THis is a toxic fan base, we get what we deserve

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 2

11 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Fans have every right to be upset, but I hope that they can remain civil and classy no matter what the outcome of Wednesday's game. I'd hate hear "Fire ----" chants or see jerseys thrown on the ice. The coaches and players are already struggling in a very public way and don't need another thing to stress them out. And Wednesday will be a national game - the country will be watching.

Yeah, I'm not really concerned with what fans of other teams think of the Canucks situation. The majority of them cheered for the Bruins in 2011, so they can generally go (expletive deleted) themselves.

11 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Think about how the players will feel - yes, they make a lot of money, but they're also under immense pressure everyday and are playing their hearts out. I'm no fan of Green as a coach, but he comes across as a genuinely nice person. And remember how Jim Benning mentioned that the "Fire Benning" banner affected his family more than it did him.

Please, no matter what happens, remember that the GM, coach, and players are human beings who are trying their best. Let's show that we are a classy hockey market who will support our team in tough times.

I think if the game goes sideways, which is a clear possibility, some general booing and mass exodus out of the arena is fair. No one is targeted specifically by a chant and a message of discontent is sent. I do agree that a chant of "Fire _____" is a poor way of showing discontent, as Green is only part of the issue here.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m ok with some chants if the game goes sideways which seems likely. I’m just not down with following them into grocery stores that sort of thing. They are human beings and a chant is fine to send a message. Just don’t be dumb.

Devron you are a far nicer person than me my friend... not sure I could keep the chanting civil at this time in history... 

Mind you I'm slightly vocal, so maybe..... :P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3