The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans attending Wednesday - please be civil

Rate this topic

dougieL

7 minutes ago, nuck1031 said:

Don't buy tickets to go throw things onto the ice. Remember the tickets the jersey the hats whatever. You paid for them.

If I paid for clothing I no longer want, I usually donate it. And the Canucks sure seem to be in need of charity at the moment..

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Fans have every right to be upset, but I hope that they can remain civil and classy no matter what the outcome of Wednesday's game. I'd hate to hear "Fire ----" chants or see jerseys thrown on the ice. The coaches and players are already struggling in a very public way and don't need another thing to stress them out. And Wednesday will be a national game - the country will be watching.

Think about how the players will feel - yes, they make a lot of money, but they're also under immense pressure everyday and are playing their hearts out. I'm no fan of Green as a coach, but he comes across as a genuinely nice person. And remember how Jim Benning mentioned that the "Fire Benning" banner affected his family more than it did him.

Please, no matter what happens, remember that the GM, coach, and players are human beings who are trying their best. Let's show that we are a classy hockey market who will support our team in tough times.

They all get paid millions of dollars to play a game.  Any one of them can quit tomorrow and survive quite comfortably.

Fans aren’t an inconvenience, they are how those millions of dollars appear.  If they want to boo, throw jerseys, have signs… fly at er.

This is a sophisticated enough fan base to know when players are putting in maximum effort and when they aren’t.  We have cheered ourselves hoarse for terrible teams most years for the last several decades.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

45 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Fans have every right to be upset, but I hope that they can remain civil and classy no matter what the outcome of Wednesday's game. I'd hate to hear "Fire ----" chants or see jerseys thrown on the ice. The coaches and players are already struggling in a very public way and don't need another thing to stress them out. And Wednesday will be a national game - the country will be watching.

Think about how the players will feel - yes, they make a lot of money, but they're also under immense pressure everyday and are playing their hearts out. I'm no fan of Green as a coach, but he comes across as a genuinely nice person. And remember how Jim Benning mentioned that the "Fire Benning" banner affected his family more than it did him.

Please, no matter what happens, remember that the GM, coach, and players are human beings who are trying their best. Let's show that we are a classy hockey market who will support our team in tough times.

If you were a hat, I would have thrown you on the ice along with the boos for accepting mediocracy.  This is year 8, enough is enough.  We are the worst run franchise in the league.  I will attend the game and ensure I am vocal and join in on the chants.  And no I didn’t buy these tickets, got then from work, otherwise would not spend a dime.  I’ve decided to go only to boo them.

Fire Benning!  Fire Green!

Save the Canucks

Edited by Sanford
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Want to show how disappointed you are with the current edition of the Nucks...simple...DON'T GO TO THE GAME!!....hit them in the pocket books...nothing like playing in front of near empty stadium to get the message across that it is not worth your time and $$$ 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sanford said:

If you were a hat, I would have thrown you on the ice along with the boos for accepting mediocracy.  This is year 8, enough is enough.  We are the worst run franchise in the league.  I will attend the game and ensure I am vocal and join in on the chants.

Save the Canucks

The chances of hats bring thrown on the ice are very low for home games.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Honestly.... ? Is this like a Halloween joke?

I actually hope the fans makes their feelings known...

I know, what you are on about though, and fair play, but unless something has changed, I hope the fans will vent their frustrations towards the team. Time to wake up management and players alike... :)

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I’m ok with some chants if the game goes sideways which seems likely. I’m just not down with following them into grocery stores that sort of thing. They are human beings and a chant is fine to send a message. Just don’t be dumb.

I agree. It's a hockey rink 'issue' - leave it at the rink.

Attacking anybody 'personally' for how you perceive their work is unquestionably inappropriate. However, voicing your displeasure AT the game is the correct place to do that if you feel it is necessary.

In this instance, I think he's done and should be gone. If the game is going the wrong way, that message needs to be heard by everybody.

• Vintage 2

Fans have every right to do “Fire _____” chants. I’m not going to feel sorry for the players, coaches or management. They will land on their feet. 
Clearly ownership cares about the money and so should fans. We should care about spending our hard-earned money on a subpar product. 
I just can’t get my head around any fan being vehemently opposed to firing chants. The fans have been pretty supportive during this latest dark period and it’s time to show how unhappy most of us are. 

• Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Sanford said:

If you were a hat, I would have thrown you on the ice along with the boos for accepting mediocracy.  This is year 8, enough is enough.  We are the worst run franchise in the league.  I will attend the game and ensure I am vocal and join in on the chants.  And no I didn’t buy these tickets, got then from work, otherwise would not spend a dime.  I’ve decided to go only to boo them.

Save the Canucks

I really hope you are joking...

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1