The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans attending Wednesday - please be civil

Rate this topic

dougieL

I definitely feel the frustrations of everyone, including the entire organization; if people don’t think ownership down to players want to win they’re delusional.

I’ve been at this for almost 50 years and want to see a cup before I go but some of the comments on this forum don’t make sense. 

Saying Aquilini doesn’t care or is cheap is wrong. He spends to the cap and more every year, including picking up the tab for buyouts and past contract mistakes. He’s way better then some past owners so for those asking for him to go, be careful what you wish for. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a business and he’s in it to make money but he’s far from cheap.

For those saying this is the worst run organization, I only have to say Arizona. And don’t forget the past 20 years of Oiler mistakes with #1 overall picks. Toronto is still waiting…. I could go on.

And chant whatever you want at the game but thinking everyone doesn’t know what the fans are feeling is wrong. They all read the news and are tuned into social media; they know. Imagine trying to do your job with everyone constantly telling you that you suck. You can’t tell me they’re not gripping their sticks tighter right now. I know they make piles of cash, I’m not defending them but psychology doesn’t care how much money you make. Raining down insults won’t make the on ice product better. If the game sucks, boo. If they’re playing good, back them up. 

And the comments about us being a hard market to play in are valid. We’ll never know how many free agents or good coaches have turned down Vancouver as a destination due to the scrutiny. Money isn’t always enough to overcome it. Are we shooting ourselves in the foot by flying ‘fire xxx’ banners over the city? You bet we are. More and more players are picking Tampa and Florida for a reason and it shows on the ice. 

Say what you want and do what you want, it’s your choice but before you do, think of the long term, big picture,  consequences of your actions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Flipper said:

Raining down insults won’t make the on ice product better. If the game sucks, boo. If they’re playing good, back them up.

Raining down insults to the point where the coaching staff is replaced with people who are actually capable of coaching at the NHL level will absolutely make the on-ice product better.

Just now, sassbs said:

Fans work hard for their hard earned money and it’s their right to chant anything they want!  Especially “fire green”.  It comes with the territory !   

now after me

”FIRE GREEN”. “FIRE GREEN

Then buy a ticket!  And cheer for us to win.  

46 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Your kidding me right? &^@#ing bleeding hearts… Management, coaches and players are millionaires and can handle themselves. The fans have every right to say what they want and show their displeasure. The lowest paid players on the Canucks are the hardest working and it’s not directed at them.

This goes back years… Management and ownership has slapped Canucks fans in the face over and over. Bringing Keenan and Messier in… trading away Linden, hiring Linden then parting ways with him when he wanted to rebuild when he wanted to. Treating Bure like crap… Not resigning Naslund.  Trading away futures for players they let walk at the end of the season Toffoli. Letting awesome players like Tanev, Marky and other walk… 

Management has made a disgrace of this team over and over and over and does not have a pulse on this fan base. They deserve everything that is coming their way. 

And now today Green saying that all this pressure is “white noise”… Im really not happy about that Greener. Our voices are not “white noise”

Green if your reeding this… My opinion that you are not working out and need to be fired, Benning… (Boston’s leftovers after beating us in 2011) … your not working for this team for almost a decade now and need to be fired. 

Pettersson your making $7 Million a year and (I will never see that kind of money in my life) you need to ride the pine till you actually start giving a &^@#.

Aquallini time to sell because you are the cheapest, disinterested owner and have not been working for this team for decades. 

“no one is more upset than the players in the room” is bull $&!#. The Canuck’s fans who have to think twice about buying a Jersey, a ticket to a game, a hat, are the ones who pay for your way of life. It’s been 52 years of “almost” and not good enough, to absolutely terrible. 

Now is time for change and now is time for fans to make a stand! 

The last time a got a name on a Jersey was my Bure jersey in 93. 

I haven’t got a name on the half dozen jersey I have bought since then… that is saying alot.

The players lack of emotions after a loss, shows there detachmenf from an immediate leader. 

imo, Green has earned whatever is coming his.way   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Raining down insults to the point where the coaching staff is replaced with people who are actually capable of coaching at the NHL level will absolutely make the on-ice product better.

Fair but as a parent, the last thing I do is give into my whining, complaining kid. In fact the more they whine, the more I dig my heels in and stay the course. So if Aquilini wants to show it’s his team, chanting fire xxx could be the wrong move to get what you want. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Flipper said:

If the game sucks, boo.

Sorry to quote such a small snippet of your well written post, but in my mind, everyone is only making these comments on the assumption that the game will suck.. I think 90%+ of us agree that the boys should be given a chance to come out strong in the 1st period w/o any negativity. 

Fair but as a parent, the last thing I do is give into my whining, complaining kid. In fact the more they whine, the more I dig my heels in and stay the course. So if Aquilini wants to show it’s his team, chanting fire xxx could be the wrong move to get what you want. 

It got rid of Gillis.;)

• Haha 1

Seemed to do the trick with Gillis.  Aquilini likes money.

3 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Sorry to quote such a small snippet of your well written post, but in my mind, everyone is only making these comments on the assumption that the game will suck.. I think 90%+ of us agree that the boys should be given a chance to come out strong in the 1st period w/o any negativity. 

I figured it would take more than 1 period to determine if they’re playing poorly… but I hear you. That’s also why I said cheer them if they’re playing well.

Edited by Flipper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Flipper said:

I figured it would take more than 1 period to determine if they’re playing poorly… but I hear you 

I call tell you it didn't take me longer than that at the two games I've gone to so far this year.. and their play for the remainder of those games, did confirm my assumptions 

• Cheers 1