The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning media availability

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

30 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

Going to talk a lot and say very little. 

To be honest, I'd rather even watch "The Eternals" for a couple hours than hear Jim Benning speak for a period of time.  Get the Sedins to handle the "PR" stuff, Benning is at this best working with the amateur scouting department.

• Cheers 1

They play WPG next, always a very tough matchup.  Whatever excuses he gives won't matter.  This is a results based business. If you can't win, you have to go. I hope it's to announce Green has been let go, to be replaced by interim coach Brad Shaw. Then Shaw will fire Baumgartner.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, GB5 said:

I don't know what Benning can add but I am disgusted that Green writes off the fan's concern for this tea as "white noise".

To me that is extremely dismissive and condescending.

I have been a fan for decades and will continue to be so well after these guys are gone and fans have a right to be concerned.

He has always struck me as condescending.

Makes me wonder how he really treated guys in his doghouse.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

They play WPG next, always a very tough matchup.  Whatever excuses he gives won't matter.  This is a results based business. If you can't win, you have to go. I hope it's to announce Green has been let go, to be replaced by interim coach Brad Shaw. Then Shaw will fire Baumgartner.  

The thing is, I doubt the Jets are remotely considered to be Cup contenders.  Playoff team?  Sure but hardly a "tough opponent".  Like pretty much all the teams we've had to face (and some pretty bad teams as well).  Been sort of a soft part of the schedule for the Canucks so far.  And we have current record not that far off Bill LaForge's infamous season.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

At this point, I think its almost too late to even be able to make playoffs. Our division seems more competitive with how sharks, anaheim and even LA are playing not to mention Flames resurgence. Only seattle sucks beside us and they are still higher in standing.  Basically  wharever they do wont matter til the end of the season. I see Aqualini just waiting for coaches contract and GM contract to expire before making changes to GM and coaching position.