The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning media availability

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I know everyone's frustrated but I'm actually not upset with this interview. Jim is clearly not okay with how things are going. I don't think most of the fan base will like his solution (which seems to be let them sink or swim), but in a way he's betting his job on what he's put together. Interesting to see if that works out or not.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I wanted to believe that. But he hasn't stood out in any way this year. Maybe Assistant is his comfort zone. 

Maybe if he stood up and said I'll take charge of the PK or something like that. Then I would agree. 

Our teams a triage and he's been invisible like everyone else. 

Spot on... He was supposed to assist with the PK... god no to him as a coach... clean house yesterday.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dekey Pete said:

I'd be perfectly fine with giving Jim until the end of this season to right the ship.  That starts with a new coach.  If he can't get this team headed in the right direction then he has to be replaced by someone with a new plan.

I'll second this.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Warhippy said:

Benning:  We have to work with these guys to get them to play to their potential.

If only there was a person who could I dunno, COACH them...to help them maximize their potential.  benning, is there a position that would be part of a team, like a leader behind the bench to help COACH these players to help them reach their potential?

If there was someone who could COACH these kids?  If so would you find the best person available to COACH them?

fire green already

You need to be more direct

Just now, Warhippy said:

Benning:  We have to work with these guys to get them to play to their potential.

If only there was a person who could I dunno, COACH them...to help them maximize their potential.  benning, is there a position that would be part of a team, like a leader behind the bench to help COACH these players to help them reach their potential?

If there was someone who could COACH these kids?  If so would you find the best person available to COACH them?

fire green already

That's just it - they're not "kids" anymore.

Now they're making the big bucks and it makes me wonder if the pressure is too great on them.