The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Distribution of the blame - who is at fault?

Rate this topic

Dazzle

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

This team is truly toxic because of the "leadership".

I'm all-in on fire management. Truly pathetic excuses of a team executive.

Green is just bad. As someone said, a lousy coach and an even worse personality for the position he is in.

I’m glad at you at least now understand what I’ve been saying for a couple of years. 
How many paper bags, relaxed Loui and laughs have you wasted til you understood? :bigblush:

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

We've been arguing about Benning for at least 3 years Dazzle, you always stood up for him.  Even half your 'criticism' of him now is just Green related.  Now it's the coaching that your out to lunch on.  Green will get hired in a heartbeat.  Benning will be the one googling Ziprecruiter. 

Green sucks, bro. Nothing in his record screams Hall of Fame coach.

Last nights game was a national broadcast and I like how they frame by frame broke down just how bad the Canucks penalty kill strategy is , that’s coaching, the players are doing what the coach has drawn up. Collapse and wait for the other team to make a mistake. 50% of the time it works all the time. Kind of like icing the kicker in football. 

• Like 1

Fire Green and Benning, look at the win ratio over the seasons. Nothing has changed nothing will without change.

If change or at least improvement was to happen it would have it's been 8 fr**** years. This is what you call insanity.

The Canucks management coach are delusional and showing symptoms of insanity.

LOL Green during presser "all teams deploy similar pk tactics" what an idiot. So basically blaming players.

Benning on other hand says it's the systems.

Hmmm I wonder what Aqua thinks it's the ice quality?

I will leave it at that.

Edited by PositionOfPower

Aquilini is basically 100% of the blame for this team's condition at this point.

"It's their team" is such a lame excuse for their conduct. They'd obviously prefer a successful (and profitable) franchise, and are being critiqued based on that premise. 

A restaurant owner is allowed to remove the most popular items of their menu and replace them with literal dog crap, but that isn't beneficial for anyone involved, and customers of that restaurant would (justifiably) stop going there.

Edited by Josepho
  • Cheers 1

Benning's big mistakes have been on FA decisions. And Green.

Do sign Tanev and Edler.

Dont sign Dickinson and Pearson and Virtanen. Do sign Graovac.

Dont sign Green keep Mac and Gadj, dont sign Chiasson and Dowling. Money is the same after all these moves so we fit the cap.

Defense would be OEL, Myers, Hughes, Tanev, Edler, Hamonic. Solid and Pk would be better.

Coach would be better. Toughness would be better.

This was all just decisions. JB made the wrong ones. 

Edited by fanfor42
  • Upvote 1

I find it interesting that there is so little mention of the players?

I've said this before: Are the pitchforks out if Bo, Brock and Elias are producing like they are supposed to?

Bo Horvat: 17GP, 5G, 5A, 10pts

Brock Boeser: 14GP. 4G, 4A, 8pts

Elias Pettersson: 17GP, 3G, 6A, 9pts

These players are paid to be our top producers. Green and Benning definitely own their fair share of the blame but what happens if they both get fired and the suck continues? Green can't score for these guys. Neither Boeser nor Pettersson have improved since their rookie year. Unlike Bo, if these guys aren't producing they don't offer anything. Bo at least can win faceoffs and take defensive matchups.

18 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I've said this before: Are the pitchforks out if Bo, Brock and Elias are producing like they are supposed to?

These players are paid to be our top producers. Green and Benning definitely own their fair share of the blame but what happens if they both get fired and the suck continues? Green can't score for these guys. Neither Boeser nor Pettersson have improved since their rookie year. Unlike Bo, if these guys aren't producing they don't offer anything. Bo at least can win faceoffs and take defensive matchups.

The fact that these players are actually producing around the same rate of each other is pretty impressive, given how poorly prepared this team has been right out the gate.

25 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

The fact that these players are actually producing around the same rate of each other is pretty impressive, given how poorly prepared this team has been right out the gate.

The fact that all of these guys are off to career worst starts tells you something about the state of mind of the team right now.  I see a team that's defeated, sick of trying the same thing over and over again with the same bad results, and ready for a fresh point of view in the room.  

All of the personal attacks on Green are completely unwarranted, but his time as the Canucks' head coach is done.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Benning's big mistakes have been on FA decisions. And Green.

Do sign Tanev and Edler.

Dont sign Dickinson and Pearson and Virtanen. Do sign Graovac.

Dont sign Green keep Mac and Gadj, dont sign Chiasson and Dowling. Money is the same after all these moves so we fit the cap.

Defense would be OEL, Myers, Hughes, Tanev, Edler, Hamonic. Solid and Pk would be better.

Coach would be better. Toughness would be better.

This was all just decisions. JB made the wrong ones. 

I wish we could be able to trade coaches. So a struggling team can trade with another.

50 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

The fact that all of these guys are off to career worst starts tells you something about the state of mind of the team right now.  I see a team that's defeated, sick of trying the same thing over and over again with the same bad results, and ready for a fresh point of view in the room.  

All of the personal attacks on Green are completely unwarranted, but his time as the Canucks' head coach is done.

Reason for personal attacks is he never accepts responsibility, tries to talk like a smarta** all the time during presser, smirks during the presser, blames his players, benches rookies right after they score eg. podz., cannot adapt very stubborn list goes on and on

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

We've been arguing about Benning for at least 3 years Dazzle, you always stood up for him.  Even half your 'criticism' of him now is just Green related.  Now it's the coaching that your out to lunch on.  Green will get hired in a heartbeat.  Benning will be the one googling Ziprecruiter. 

Based on Green's short track record as a head coach, I wouldn't be so sure - not when you look at who's available right now. Some of them cup-winning coaches too. 

11 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The recipe for us losing right now is simple:

- Struggle to score goals

- Top players struggling to produce

- Terrible PP

- Even worse PK

- Terrible defensive play from the blue line

This team struggles to even enter the offensive zone, when we do it's dump and chase, quickly lose a puck battle (or be the second team to get to it), chase the other team back down the ice as they quickly transition to the attack, give up a grade A scoring chance, spend the next 2-1/2 minutes hemmed in our own zone, finally get the puck back and repeat. No confidence at all, seemingly no structure, everyone looks to have their own plan, they aren't playing as a team. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

What ifs are not a valid reason to hang onto a mediocre GM and Coaches. 

What if a coaching change sparks those players to improve?

• Cheers 1

We have a puck possession forward group. The coach wants to play dump and chase.

We have a good skating, good first pass D that relies on their skating to defend. The coach wants to play a stand around passive defense and a chip the puck out transition game.

Anyone with any knowledge of hockey can see why the team is underachieving and the players are struggling.

• Cheers 1