The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

B.C. state of emergency 2021

Ms.Glitter

15 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

They had credibility to blow?

People are hoarding items, there has to be a limit on certain purchases, or the hoarders will cause huge issues. 

Help each other, share, love, honor, respect, light, beauty, patience, understanding.

BC won't be able to consume prunes, pineapples, bananas or any other fruit soon.

Edited by Ms.Glitter

8 hours ago, gurn said:

So, just  yesterday the government was saying no need to hoard and today they announce 30 litre max fill  restrictions on Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast.

Way to blow some credibility.

Just common sense, people were scrambling to gas stations on the Sunshine Coast the other day because word was stations were running out of gas. No one station on the Coast exhausted their supply of regular. 

Grocery stores here experienced 72 hours of limited grocery stock arriving on orders ( 20% of normal ) but have since seen regular deliveries. Exception being the whole foods ( almond milk, organics, etc lines and general merchandise re: Qtips, shampoo, cold n flu meds etc ) which is delayed due to CN track washouts and being rerouted.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

As a guy that keeps about 2 weeks word of food at the house, the only thing I needed was a full tank of gas, and around 6 meals worth of meat to keep me going.

rice and beans works too, thats the main thing in our emergency kit. 

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

People asking Farnsworth how they will limit 30 litres of gas to people. Well, if they can stop the pump at any dollar amount when you pay with a credit card, the gasoline companies can sure as hell do the same on the litre amount. Set the pumps at 30 litres, end of story.

they're not going to police it, they are asking people to do it voluntarily. 

I have a major pet peeve that is playing out right now. 

Friend of a friend got stuck in Hope for three days and TV interviewed him. 

He spoke at length about how nice everyone was and how the community came together to lodge them, McDonald's gave people free fries and what not... At the end he said that they had enough of everything except for a couple of minor things that were empty on the shelves. 

TV station cut out his ENTIRE answer and only used the last few seconds where he said "empty shelves".  

I think that our news media needs to be held responsible to higher journalism practices. It's actually dangerous and very harmful to whip up the general crowd in a frenzy. I'm fully expecting a half an hour lineup now when I go to fill up my car. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

rice and beans works too, thats the main thing in our emergency kit. 

I've got a couple of months worth of rice and pasta kicking around; but a review of my "bug out" bag reveals a need for:

twine

a spare cooking element for my small gas cylinders

a fire starting flint

a tarp

a collapsible saw or hatchet.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He spoke at length about how nice everyone was and how the community came together to lodge them, McDonald's gave people free fries and what not... At the end he said that they had enough of everything except for a couple of minor things that were empty on the shelves. 

TV station cut out his ENTIRE answer and only used the last few seconds where he said "empty shelves".  

I think that our news media needs to be held responsible to higher journalism practices. It's actually dangerous and very harmful to whip up the general crowd in a frenzy. I'm fully expecting a half an hour lineup now when I go to fill up my car. 

If it bleeds, it leads; motto in news rooms around the world.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

I've got a couple of months worth of rice and pasta kicking around; but a review of my "bug out" bag reveals a need for:

twine

a spare cooking element for my small gas cylinders

a fire starting flint

a tarp

a collapsible saw or hatchet.

we spend a lot of time on the 99N, if/when there's a big issue between Whistler and Vancouver that thing is going to be a parking lot. So we have a pretty slick car kit that could keep us going for a couple days that way too. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I completely agree. They create much of this anxiety.

• Vintage 1