The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - NYR Miller goes back to the big Apple

Rangers get 

JT Miller 

Tyler Motte 

Jett Woo

Rangers do this to get a winger that can also play centre, drives play with heart and can put up the points, Motte could be a decent Blais replacement and Woo is so the Rangers have another RHD in their system 

Canucks get 

Vitali Kravstov 

Nils Lundkvist 

Ty Ronning 

Canucks get younger and more skilled specially on the RHD with Lundkvist and Kravstov has been near the top of Ranger top prospect lists the past few seasons so it’s time to see if he can play, Ronning comes home to play for the Abby Canucks 

let’s here people rip this one apart 

• Cheers 1

OP, Kravtsov wants out so that decreases his value; I would hope that Benning leverages that so that he's not trading Miller in his prime, with two other guys, to get three prospects back.  If I'm trading Miller I'd want either Kravtsov or Chytil, plus Braden Schneider, plus a pick (nothing wrong with Lundkvist, but our team needs defensive help and Braden might be the better option).

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

OP, Kravtsov wants out so that decreases his value; I would hope that Benning leverages that so that he's not trading Miller in his prime, with two other guys, to get three prospects back.  If I'm trading Miller I'd want either Kravtsov or Chytil, plus Braden Schneider, plus a pick (nothing wrong with Lundkvist, but our team needs defensive help and Braden might be the better option).

Kravstov and Podz will be good on the same line together and Lundkvist is better on the right side then what the Canucks have now and Ronning is to bring home a local kid to help the gate in Abby.

I can't see the Rangers trading Chytil but I wish the Canucks would have kicked the tires on Buchnevich to get him in the offseason. 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, BCNate said:

My offer for the Rangers would be:

JT Miller with 50% retained

for 

Brayden Schneider

Kravstov

I'd take the above, but push for more

-Higher of their 2nd rounders

This is the exact deal I have in mind, just with less retention on Miller and an extension in place for the Rangers. I'm not sold on Kravtsov but the talent level might be worth giving a shot. The Rangers trade from a position of strength (young RHD) and move a problem asset to strengthen an important position where they are kind of fragile. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We need a strong defensive core. 

We can play trap hockey until our forwards develop.

Speaking of which, remember back in 2006-2007 when Vigneault decided to employ that strategy?  AV knew that the Canucks were outgunned and were in a transition phase post WCE era, and so we trapped teams to death and greatly overachieved that season (2nd round playoff appearance).  

4 hours ago, BCNate said:

My offer for the Rangers would be:

JT Miller with 50% retained

for 

Brayden Schneider

Kravstov

I'd take the above, but push for more

-Higher of their 2nd rounders

I think that would be an amazing offer. But JT has two more years before he's a UFA. 

I'd push for Schneider, Krastov (maybe he stays in the KHL, even if he's traded to Van), and a 2nd round pick to go along with that. 

Kravstov's hold out would worry me if I'm GM, then again, it is Benning....

3 hours ago, khay said:

Our coach doesn't know how to implement trap hockey.

We can play trap. 

For the other team :bigblush:

• Haha 1

Lol that trade is terrible! Kravtsov requested a trade because he didn’t want to go to the AHL and is now playing in the KHL. Little bit of a red flag on him. Then there’s Ty Ronning at 24 just cleared waivers. Linda it’s while there’s value with him he’s very slight in stature I’m not sure he’s what we should be targeting. You’re giving up a point a game center in JT Miller for a bunch of meh. Don’t trade a dollar for a bunch of quarters. We need quality not quantity.