The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gary Bettman to meet with Quebec premier to discuss potential Nordiques return

Rate this topic

Would have to be relocation related, I just don't see them making it 33. Be interesting to know what the implications of moving the team out of Arizona would be regarding TV deals and the like, isn't that a big reason why they've been so reluctant to do it? I can't imagine many folks are watching Arizona on TV. 

Quebec would be a smaller market, but it's very unlikely they'd be less profitable. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Move the Coyotes to Quebec.  That’s a no brainer fix to a long time money bleeding problem.  

Doesn't make sense IMO. I would move them to Houston (not sure if they have a rink tho but location wise it makes sense)

CBJ or DET is gonna be PISSED as one of them will be moved back to the west if quebec happens

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

All-time classic.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-19-at-11.32.33-AM.pn

Nope.  *THIS* was an all-time classic (moment) involving the Nordiques:

Canucks were going nowhere like a novice using a canoe with only one oar until this event happened.  It started a set of circumstances that would see the Canucks reach the Cup Finals.  Almost FORTY years ago!:o

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

In a surprising twist, it'll be Seattle that ends up moving to Quebec.

They actually have averaged greater home attendance so far than the Coilers, Lames and Jets this season.  Will be interesting to see how that holds up.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

19 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

They actually have averaged greater home attendance so far than the Coilers, Lames and Jets this season.  Will be interesting to see how that holds up.

Yes, but Seattle lost to Arizona. Might as well move Seattle now to prevent further embarrassment :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Why does everyone assume it would be Arizona moving to Quebec??

@Alflives told me it is the backup plan for the Leafs in case they lose in the 1st round again......and Alf wouldn't lie to me.

Alf may not be lying.

It could be just his meds wore off. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Is Seattle the Winterpig of the US now they have our rival club?  I used to like Seattle, and now I hate it!  :towel:

I don't like Seattle the city for other reasons. But for the team, I have not really adjusted to watching them play and I don't really know how they play. I go to the games to watch hockey. I'm stubborn. I really like two teams. 

35 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Move Florida to Quebec? A little bit of karma getting a near cup ready team to move to another market?

Move the Coyotes to Houston or Portland. 

It's not like anyone in Florida would give a s*** anyways. Quebec would inherit a good team that's ready to compete now.

• Cheers 1