The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Hawks Nov 21 5pm SNP chaisson appreciation thread

Rate this topic

Odd.

55 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hire Hansen as a PK consultant already. 

He could be the Manny Malhotra for the pk. Do it. 

Hansen was my favorite player on the previous core. Loved his speed and fearlessness. Those aren't really coachable things though. Kinda have it or you don't. I don't know that I would call Hansen an elite thinker of the game. But hey Rockem sockem 8 on the I pad at the bench would be an upgrade on our current coaching.   

• Haha 3

I find it funny that the Hawks played their backup against the Oilers and saved Mark Andre Fleury for us. 

Are they hoping to play better on the second half of a back to back ? Good luck with that , the Flower is going to get a sunburn on the back of his neck from the goal light today.

• Vintage 1

• -DLC- featured and pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Halak gets the start for this one.

could be, but Demko has had a day off and then we're not playing again until Wed. Halak will get the Montreal road game for sure coming up.

I'm really curious to see the lines again today and see if we continue the stronger 5 on 5 play. If Dickinson and Petey actually have a good  fit that's a real win for us.

Love having Motte back too.

Edited by JM_

7 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Hansen was my favorite player on the previous core. Loved his speed and fearlessness. Those aren't really coachable things though. Kinda have it or you don't. I don't know that I would call Hansen an elite thinker of the game. But hey Rockem sockem 8 on the I pad at the bench would be an upgrade on our current coaching.   

Have you ever caught his Tue Thursday interviews on the radio. Only thing I like about that show. Dude paid his dues on the pk. He had great talking points about everything pk. Plus yes he was a energy rabbit. I think he could be a Manny for us. Manny was a perfect example of transferring experience into workable drills and improving performance. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Have you ever caught his Tue Thursday interviews on the radio. Only thing I like about that show. Dude paid his dues on the pk. He had great talking points about everything pk. Plus yes he was a energy rabbit. I think he could be a Manny for us. Manny was a perfect example of transferring experience into workable drills and improving performance. 

He was so focused.  Thats what is missing from this team.   That sedin era team had hunger and the will and need to win in their eyes.  You could see it.  The only players i see the same focus from here are horvat, hoglander, miller, myers.  Im.starting to see it from podz.  Somdtimes garland. I used to see it from petey.   That sedin era team from top to bottom had one thing on their minds.. to win.  Didnt matter who scored.   Just win as a team. 

• Cheers 1

• -SN- changed the title to [GDT] Canucks vs Hawks Nov 21 5pm SNP chaisson appreciation thread
30 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

PREVIEW | Canucks vs. Blackhawks

by Canucks Communications @Canucks / Vancouver Canucks
 8:00 AM
cut.jpg

CANUCKS VS BLACKHAWKS PREVIEW

TV: SNP

Radio: SN650

MATCH-UP INFO

• Tonight marks the second of three meetings between the Canucks and Blackhawks this season: Oct. 21 (4-1 W), Nov. 21 (home), Jan. 31 (road).

• Vancouver is 8-1-1 in their last 10 games vs Chicago (4-1-0 in their last 5).

• The Canucks have a 85-82-22-7 all-time record in 196 games against the Blackhawks. Among those games, Vancouver holds a 53-30-15-1 record at

home.

• Thatcher Demko has faced the Blackhawks two times in his career (2-0-0), and has a .951 SV% and a 1.50 GAA.

• Jaroslav Halak has faced the Jets 15 times in his career (9-2-3), owning a .930 SV% and a 2.05 GAA.

QUICK NUMBERS

Conor Garland has six points (2-4-6) in his last nine games.
• Nils Höglander has five points (4-1-5) in his last five games.
 J.T. Miller has 11 points (6-5-11) in his last ten games.
 Quinn Hughes has seven points (0-7-7) in his last seven games. • Elias Pettersson has six points (2-4-6) in his last nine games.

LAST MEETING - OCT. 21/21: VAN 4 at CHI 1

Jason Dickinson opened the scoring with his first goal as a Canuck at 6:36 in the first period...Matthew Highmore and Nils Höglander collected the assists...Tanner Pearson extended his point streak to three games and restored Vancouver's one-goal lead on a goal assisted by Quinn Hughes and Conor Garland at 9:55 in the second period...Conor Garland extended his point streak to five games with the assist...Brock Boeser notched his first goal of the season on the power play at 18:21 in the second period, assisted by Elias Pettersson and J.T. Miller...Conor Garland tallied an empty net goal at 18:58 to record his first multipoint game as a Canuck...Tucker Poolman (first point as a Canuck) and Tyler Myers recorded the assists...Kyle Burroughs led the team in blocked shots (3)...J.T. Miller registered a team-high in hits (4)...Bo Horvat won a season-high 16 face-offs...Thatcher Demko made 29 saves.

LAST GAME PLAYED - NOV. 19/21: VAN 3 vs WPG 2

Oliver Ekman-Larsson opened up scoring with a power play goal at 13:51 in the first period...Elias Pettersson and Vasily Podkolzin recorded assists on the play...Kyle Burroughs scored his first career NHL goal at 3:12 in the second period making him the fourth BC lower mainland-born defenceman to score in the regular season for the Canucks...Tyler Myers and Jason Dickinson registered the assists...Conor Garland scored the game winning goal on the power play at 6:54 in the second period...Tanner Pearson led the team in hits (4)...Tyler Myers led the team in blocked shots (4)...Bo Horvat led the team in TOI (22:13) and one 15 out of 20 face-offs (75%)...Thatcher Demko made 37 saves.

LAST 5 vs CHICAGO

•Oct. 21, 2021: VAN 4 at CHI 1

•Feb. 12, 2020: VAN 3 vs CHI 0

•Jan. 2, 2020: VAN 7 vs CHI 5

•Nov. 7, 2019: VAN 2 at CHI 5

•Mar. 18, 2019: VAN 3 at CHI 2 (OT)

RECENT TRANSACTIONS

• Justin Bailey designated for assignment to Abbotsford, Nov. 18
• Guillaume Brisebois designated for assignment to Abbotsford, Nov. 16

Travis Hamonic recalled from Abbotsford, Nov. 15
 Madison Bowey loaned to Abbotsford, Nov. 15
 Tyler Motte activated from injured reserve, Nov. 14
• Jack Rathbone loaned to Abbotsford, Nov. 14

CANUCKS FOR KIDS FUND 50/50 FOR BC FLOOD RELIEF

The Canucks for Kids Fund announced Wednesday that proceeds from this homestand's 50/50 raffles would be dedicated to flood relief efforts in Abbotsford, Fraser Valley, and throughout British Columbia to support families impacted by recent extreme weather and flooding in the province. Tickets for this evening's raffle are on sale now until the end of tonight's 2nd intermission, and can be purchased both in-arena or online at Canucks.com/online5050.

AT FACE VALUE

Bo Horvat leads all NHL skaters in face-offs taken (434), face-off wins (254) and even strength face-off wins (189) so far this season. Among centremen with at least 200 face-offs taken, Horvat's face-off percentage (58.5%) ranks 9th League-wide.

MIGHTY MILLER

• With his assist on Nov. 19/21 vs WPG, J.T. Miller maintained his points-per-game pace of 0.979 since joining the Canucks organization (137pts in 140GP).

• Collecting an assist on Nils Höglander's goal on Nov. 14 at ANA, J.T. Miller matched a career-best eight-game point streak (6-4-10), initially set during the 2019.20 season (5-6-11 from Nov. 21-Dec. 7/19).

• Going 11-for-11 in the face-off circle on Nov. 13 at VGK, J.T. Miller became the third player in Canucks history to win 100 percent of face-offs in a game with a minimum of 10 face-offs taken, joining Brandon Sutter (10/10, Feb. 4/16) and Byron Ritchie (10/10, Feb. 19/06).

CROSSING THE FINNISH LINE

Juho Lammikko appeared in his 100th career NHL game on Nov. 14/21 at ANA, making him the fifth Finnish player in franchise history to play his 100th career game in a Canucks uniform (Jyrki Lumme, Petri Skriko, Jarkko Ruutu, Markus Granlund).

PETEY'S PRODUCTION

Potting his first career shorthanded goal to force overtime on Nov. 9 vs ANA, Elias Pettersson (22 years, 362 days) tied Patrik Sundstrom for second most goals (68) by a primary centre in Canucks history before the age of 23, trailing only teammate Bo Horvat (71).

THE ICEMAN QUINN-ETH

Averaging 24:49 in TOI so far this season, Hughes currently ranks 14th in the NHL for TOI/GP.

ON THE COUNT OF THREE

Quinn Hughes collected his first three-point outing of the season (0-3-3) and seventh career three-assist game on Nov. 7 vs DAL, with all assists coming on the power play. At 22 years old, Hughes ranks t-7th all time among NHL defencemen for most games (7) with three or more assists before the age of 23.

•  

awesome read  loved that I had to scroll for 20 mins 

9 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Pretty obvious whats going on here.

Our fearless owner, taking some precious time away from helping Jim out with how to manage his hockey team,  is taking the time to impart his wisdom and great ideas of how to improve his game on the ice with Petey.

Is there anything he can't do?

Aquaman-Harley-Quinn.jpg

9 hours ago, cuporbust said:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Odd. said:

just want to take the time and effort to thank alpha male Chaissson and his big pair of steel balls

In all honesty I have thought the last two games from Chaisson have been his best as a Canuck.

He took one bad penalty but he has been the most physical forward and has consistently tried to finish his checks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1