The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Hawks Nov 21 5pm SNP chaisson appreciation thread

Rate this topic

Odd.

5 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Your shtick is so original thumbs up.

The funny thing about your kind is Vancouver could win 10 straight on the back of Bennings moves and changes TG made to special teams and all we would here from your kind are moves that failed 7 years ago and how TG isn't playing someone enough.

Why even follow the team? Your kind will always find something to whine about and I doubt the nucks are your actual team,just another transient from back east or the praires.

My 40 years of season tickets would beg to differ.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, khay said:

I miss Alex "Savvy" Edler. JB should have never listened to the morons on this board that wanted him gone :bigblush:

Alex is having a good season with LA. I wish he had been able to finish his career with the Canucks. I suspect the change has revitalized his game to an extent. At $3.5 mil for 2yrs? More than what the Canucks wanted to pay. 

4 minutes ago, khay said:

I miss Alex "Savvy" Edler. JB should have never listened to the morons on this board that wanted him gone :bigblush:

What makes you think he wanted to stay?  Did you really want to see him dole out that contract for Edler?

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Alex is having a good season with LA. I wish he had been able to finish his career with the Canucks. I suspect the change has revitalized his game to an extent. At $3.5 mil for 2yrs? More than what the Canucks wanted to pay. 

Yeah but how much are we paying Pearson for the next 3 years.

I can't agree that Pearson is more important to the Canucks than Edler would have been for us.

1 minute ago, khay said:

Yeah but how much are we paying Pearson for the next 3 years.

I can't agree that Pearson is more important to the Canucks than Edler would have been for us.

From the money perspective you can make an argument there. One LW vs one LD. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

What makes you think he wanted to stay?  Did you really want to see him dole out that contract for Edler?

I obviously don't know him so I don't know for sure.

But I would assume that it's natural for a player to stay with one team to finish out his career.

And when you talk about the contract, I mean, think about what we are paying Pearson. You can't tell me Edler isn't worth what Pearson is making. If we are going to have a bad contract, might as well it be on a defenceman who can at least kill penalties?

Edler's been with the team for like 15 seasons. He's gone through ups and downs of the franchise playing with Nazzy, Sedins, to EP. He represents this team and it sucks to see him playing for the enemy.

5 minutes ago, khay said:

I obviously don't know him so I don't know for sure.

But I would assume that it's natural for a player to stay with one team to finish out his career.

And when you talk about the contract, I mean, think about what we are paying Pearson. You can't tell me Edler isn't worth what Pearson is making. If we are going to have a bad contract, might as well it be on a defenceman who can at least kill penalties?

Edler's been with the team for like 15 seasons. He's gone through ups and downs of the franchise playing with Nazzy, Sedins, to EP. He represents this team and it sucks to see him playing for the enemy.

I was all for keeping him, but he was going to be the third line LHD and I don't see JB shelling that out for him.  Obviously, given their pk, he should have.  I suspect Eddie might have wanted a change though

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hire Hansen as a PK consultant already. 

He could be the Manny Malhotra for the pk. Do it. 

Maybe sign hansen to be the PK guy with motte and try to find willie mitchell and ask him to unretire. That could maybe fix PK as long as Bummer is not the PK coach 

On 10/30/2021 at 9:50 PM, Houdini said:

Well, the tickets were free and the beer was free, great night.

35 minutes ago, Houdini said:

My 40 years of season tickets would beg to differ.

Hmmm.....

So they're giving away FREE season tickets now?  Where do I sign up?

• Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Maybe sign hansen to be the PK guy with motte and try to find willie mitchell and ask him to unretire. That could maybe fix PK as long as Bummer is not the PK coach 

Hansen has over a thousand NHL minutes on the pk. I think he knows what he's talking about. Have you heard his segments? 

• Cheers 3

51 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Only a one year deal, was initially reported as two though. Maybe we'll bring him back at the trade deadline? Eddie's 100th goal is the game winner to lift the cup...

Wake Up Sleeping GIF by Boomerang Official

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Only a one year deal, was initially reported as two though. Maybe we'll bring him back at the trade deadline? Eddie's 100th goal is the game winner to lift the cup...

Wake Up Sleeping GIF by Boomerang Official

Look!  A whole group of Cole Caufield clones!!!  :lol:

3 hours ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

I've seen enough Canucks hockey to know this is exactly where they let you down and get blown out by a lesser team. save your 3 hours go see a movie and listen to am650 tomorrow about how our penalty kill let in 5 goals. 

or we could win....... either or 

image.gif.ad72e018b37a93bc4a2bb9e6c749e3a0.gif

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

Hansen was my favorite player on the previous core. Loved his speed and fearlessness. Those aren't really coachable things though. Kinda have it or you don't. I don't know that I would call Hansen an elite thinker of the game. But hey Rockem sockem 8 on the I pad at the bench would be an upgrade on our current coaching.   

Hansen is a good example of a good support player.   We've had better but he was good for us for a long time which carries more weight.    I personally liked Sergio Momesso .... probably my favourite support player all time ... kept Ronning safe.