The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks and Habs

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is actually your worst proposal yet.  You are slipping badly just like the Canucks.  We may need to send you to the same place we are sending Green.  I hope they have nice food and accommodation there.   :)

Fair enough, lol.    

I think the crappiness of my proposal is simply related to my utter confusion of this current team.   I don't know why Pettersson, Boeser, and Dickinson have fallen off a cliff.  Even guys like Horvat and Pearson can play better.  It's just mind boggling.

3 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Fair enough, lol.    

I think the crappiness of my proposal is simply related to my utter confusion of this current team.   I don't know why Pettersson, Boeser, and Dickinson have fallen off a cliff.  Even guys like Horvat and Pearson can play better.  It's just mind boggling.

It's fairly simple.  I'll spell it out for you...

G

R

E

E

N

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's fairly simple.  I'll spell it out for you...

G

R

E

E

N

Agreed that Green’s systems and line combo decisions are at fault (#NateSchmidt), but can you honestly say that guys like Petey and Boeser are giving it their all?  Green or no Green, these guys look like dog crap out there.  Guys like Miller, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander, and Demko are also playing under Green and are playing up to their potential.  

Having said that, I want Green to roll out the following:

Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser 

Podkolzin-Miller-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Hoglander

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Agreed that Green’s systems and line combo decisions are at fault (#NateSchmidt), but can you honestly say that guys like Petey and Boeser are giving it their all?  Green or no Green, these guys look like dog crap out there.  Guys like Miller, Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander, and Demko are also playing under Green and are playing up to their potential.  

Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser 

Podkolzin-Miller-Garland

You want the underachievers together on the 1st line?

Maybe if they were on the 3rd line they would get easy match ups

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

In theory, Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser should be a pretty damned good line but to your point, who the hell knows now?  

We can blame Benning for this current mess all we want, but the truth of the matter is that no one in the world could have predicted these "performances" by Pettersson and Boeser.  

11 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

In theory, Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser should be a pretty damned good line but to your point, who the hell knows now?  

We can blame Benning for this current mess all we want, but the truth of the matter is that no one in the world could have predicted these "performances" by Pettersson and Boeser.  

It is baffling

They are well paid set for life already at such a young age without even signing more contracts

Get their attitudes together and get to work earning it now

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser 

Podkolzin-Miller-Garland

It's up to the coach to get players going.  Green put Petey with Podkolzin and Garland for one shift and they were immediately dominating the ice and almost scored.  They were so good together that Green immediately separated them.  Why do that when Petey was playing so well?  

I'm not saying it's Green's job to motivate these guys, but it is his job to figure out line combinations and how to get the best out of the players he has.  If you can't get the best out of a guy like Petey then you shouldn't be coaching in the NHL...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's up to the coach to get players going.  Green put Petey with Podkolzin and Garland for one shift and they were immediately dominating the ice and almost scored.  They were so good together that Green immediately separated them.  Why do that when Petey was playing so well?  

I'm not saying it's Green's job to motivate these guys, but it is his job to figure out line combinations and how to get the best out of the players he has.  If you can't get the best out of a guy like Petey then you shouldn't be coaching in the NHL...

Green splitting up Petey from Podz and Garland after one shift (where they dominated) is a fireable offense imo.

Miller-Horvat-Boeser

Podkolzin-Pettersson-Garland

Should also be a solid top 6

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

@Elias Pettersson

How would you like to be on the PK?  I think you'd be really good at it.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

On paper, they are three of our four best forwards.  Boeser has always performed well with Horvat, as these two carried the load pre-Pettersson days.  Why not try something different?