Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mid November and our season is all but wasted, with 5.8% chance of making the Playoffs !

Rate this topic


RU SERIOUS

Recommended Posts

After the latest loss, our odds of making the playoffs are at 5.8% based on latest calculations by Money Puck ( https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm ). In other words; the season is all but over for us (barring a miracle) and its only Mid-November !

 

 How did our season go so terribly wrong - so fast, after all THE PROMISES MADE BY JIM B and why isn't anyone accountable for this?

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

Remember St.Louis was last in the league mid season before they went on a tear, made the playoffs and won the cup. There’s always hope.

 

But Benning and Green need to go. Enough is enough

That would be a pleasent surprise i could handle!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised the Aqualini's are still letting Benning run their team into the ground. I thought they were smart business people.  Hearing his depressing, poor us, excuses.  I guess they fell for that crap. 

 

Ah well, always next year, unless they still have Benning and Green.

 

 

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm surprised the Aqualini's are still letting Benning run their team into the ground. I thought they were smart business people.  Hearing his depressing, poor us, excuses.  I guess they fell for that crap. 

 

Ah well, always next year, unless they still have Benning and Green.

 

 

it is hard to find good people, that also want to uproot and move here. I can cut Aqua some slack in finding a new GM e.g., because I don't think its as easy as people make it out to be. Take a guy like Gorton, e.g. Might be a great fit, but does he want to move his family to a new country and coast?

 

We will see new people in at some point, there are only 32 jobs on the planet for these guys, but you don't want to make a rash decision and maybe get even worse.

 

Coaching is easier, you can always just go with Shaw to begin with.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

it is hard to find good people, that also want to uproot and move here. I can cut Aqua some slack in finding a new GM e.g., because I don't think its as easy as people make it out to be. Take a guy like Gorton, e.g. Might be a great fit, but does he want to move his family to a new country and coast?

 

We will see new people in at some point, there are only 32 jobs on the planet for these guys, but you don't want to make a rash decision and maybe get even worse.

 

Coaching is easier, you can always just go with Shaw to begin with.

Offer them full autonomy & mucho dollars.  I’m sure current ownership is willing to offer lots of the later but I wonder about the former.  That is the stumbling issue imho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The season is already over. This has been a 2 to 3 year slide that other than a temporary bump for thr bubble playoffs we have been in steady decline. For most of theist 2 years our top stars have also been for the most part in steady decline and given their young age this is the biggest problem.

 

Missing the playoffs I can handle  - seeing our lotto line all but collapse to the point that they aren't event as good as most teams 4th lines is the bigger issue.

 

We can't even blow up the team.to try and right this ship as rhe return on most of them.woiod  be so poor that the new players coming in wouldn't on their own be enough to right this ship

 

Ownership has made the decision to stand by staff no matter what and no matter how bad the team sinks.  That means perennial rebuild status. 

Edited by iwtl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

After the latest loss, our odds of making the playoffs are at 5.8% based on latest calculations by Money Puck ( https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm ). In other words; the season is all but over for us (barring a miracle) and its only Mid-November !

 

 How did our season go so terribly wrong - so fast, after all THE PROMISES MADE BY JIM B and why isn't anyone accountable for this?

R U SERIOUS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

After the latest loss, our odds of making the playoffs are at 5.8% based on latest calculations by Money Puck ( https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm ). In other words; the season is all but over for us (barring a miracle) and its only Mid-November !

 

 How did our season go so terribly wrong - so fast, after all THE PROMISES MADE BY JIM B and why isn't anyone accountable for this?

Because this is a professional sports team playing against other professional sports teams and there are NO GUARANTEES on how a team will do.  

IMHO, until the NHL moves to a Performance Based Salary Incentive, we fans will get mediocre results.

 

The salary cap was brought in to even the playing field - instead, all it has done is inflate player's salaries - the product isn't any better.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This city's sports are pitiful these days

 

A lot of people in Vancouver (lower mainland) cheer for the Seahawks, when the team isn't even from this city or country (sure, it's the closest NFL team, but is that all it takes to be a fan?)  Do a majority of Torontonians cheer for the Bills?  Doubtful. I'm confused why the sports media here is whining so much about how bad the Hawks are this year.  Who cares? Not our team. I had to shut it off.

 

Lions suck, worse than the big cats from Detroit

 

Whitecaps were pretty good this year, but soccer...sorry but I won't be force fed those euro and south american sports, thanks

 

and we all know about the Canucks.  Sure hope there's a change coming soon.  They're getting into embarrassing territory. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Because this is a professional sports team playing against other professional sports teams and there are NO GUARANTEES on how a team will do.  

IMHO, until the NHL moves to a Performance Based Salary Incentive, we fans will get mediocre results.

 

The salary cap was brought in to even the playing field - instead, all it has done is inflate player's salaries - the product isn't any better.

Lol.  NHL players union are FAR stronger than the NFL players union.  Reason why the owners have locked them out before the end of many CBAs.  NHL Players aren’t afraid to go on strike.  The NFL?  All mercenaries for the most part.  Weak ass union considering the NFL makes tons of money for the owners at least compared to the NHL.  Remember how many of them crossed the picket lines as replacements in a strike?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Lol.  NHL players union are FAR stronger than the NFL players union.  Reason why the owners have locked them out before the end of many CBAs.  NHL Players aren’t afraid to go on strike.  The NFL?  All mercenaries for the most part.  Weak ass union considering the NFL makes tons of money for the owners at least compared to the NHL.  Remember how many of them crossed the picket lines as replacements in a strike?

What does the NFL have to do with what I said?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

This city's sports are pitiful these days

 

A lot of people in Vancouver (lower mainland) cheer for the Seahawks, when the team isn't even from this city or country (sure, it's the closest NFL team, but is that all it takes to be a fan?)  Do a majority of Torontonians cheer for the Bills?  Doubtful. I'm confused why the sports media here is whining so much about how bad the Hawks are this year.  Who cares? Not our team. I had to shut it off.

 

Lions suck, worse than the big cats from Detroit

 

Whitecaps were pretty good this year, but soccer...sorry but I won't be force fed those euro and south american sports, thanks

 

and we all know about the Canucks.  Sure hope there's a change coming soon.  They're getting into embarrassing territory. 

Vancouver Canadians last won a title in 2017 (one of a number in their history ).  Even the B.C. Lions won a title in 2011.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

What does the NFL have to do with what I said?  

EG., I doubt the NHL will do away with guaranteed contracts.  Players won’t go for that.

 

Reason why you have more of a system you suggested in the NFL & likely never will in the NHL.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

After the latest loss, our odds of making the playoffs are at 5.8% based on latest calculations by Money Puck ( https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm ). In other words; the season is all but over for us (barring a miracle) and its only Mid-November !

 

 How did our season go so terribly wrong - so fast, after all THE PROMISES MADE BY JIM B and why isn't anyone accountable for this?

It seems clear to me that FA would rather watch the ship sink then admit to mistakes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...