The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mid November and our season is all but wasted, with 5.8% chance of making the Playoffs !

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

9 hours ago, ken kaniff said:

Remember St.Louis was last in the league mid season before they went on a tear, made the playoffs and won the cup. There’s always hope.

But Benning and Green need to go. Enough is enough

3 hours ago, Zhukini said:

How many times has the St. Louis season been done in history. 

Stop bringing that up. It's the outlier, not the norm. 

The Canucks are done. 

3 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Alex Pietrangelo

Jay Bouwmeester

Colton Parayko

Carl Gunnarsson

Robert Bortuzzo

Kevin Shattenkirk

****looks at Canucks blueline***** - yeah I see the similiarities.:lol:

Exactly. We aren't the Blues, the Blues were always expected to do more and underperformed, our defensive core isn't even the shadow of the core the Blues possessed at the time. 

It ain't happening, we're done. Hoping for a Blues styl turnaround is like betting on your team squeaking in and going on an LA Kings style run, it's extremely unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Sorry, thread must be locked for being redundant as these ones officially belong to me!

My bad - I did look through recent topics, but either missed yours ar didn't go down far enough, so yes Mods can nuke this! 

(P.S. when we hit 0% chance of making the playoffs and the season is officially "Dead" in a couple of weeks (assuming green & benning are still here), will you start the "Condolences, Tributes & Wake post" or do you want me to?)

Funeral for a friend grandtheftautov funny GTAgifs When your friend dies a very stupid in-game death, there's nothing you can do but commemorate it. discover-funeral march GIF

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes as Tanev, way more physical, composed on the pk. And intimidating to LW forwards. Developing a knack for the tough stuff. Especially in the playoffs. Where Tanev and Stecher got pushed off the puck so easily. Playoffs are a different brand of hockey. 

But Tryamkin didn’t want to play the tough guy. That was a major problem and another reason why he wouldn’t sign…

13 minutes ago, Me_ said:

But Tryamkin didn’t want to play the tough guy. That was a major problem and another reason why he wouldn’t sign…

He broke Richardson's leg. That was pretty tough. Rocked Jamie Benn into the boards. Almost broke Pirri in half causing the dux to over react. Was our hits leader while he was here. Now nobody hits. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He broke Richardson's leg. That was pretty tough. Rocked Jamie Benn into the boards. Almost broke Pirri in half causing the dux to over react. Was our hits leader while he was here. Now nobody hits. 

I fully agree that he should be the biggest thing since the Bure sensation.

But he don’t wanna.

Just now, Me_ said:

I fully agree that he should be the biggest thing since the Bure sensation.

But he don’t wanna.

Covid scared him last year. Caused delays for signing. His contract ends next March or April. We could make a offer see if he's interested. 

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Covid scared him last year. Caused delays for signing. His contract ends next March or April. We could make a offer see if he's interested. 

Thought he was on a two year deal over there…

Tryamkin signed 2 year deal

At the end of Tryamkin’s new KHL deal, the Canucks will no longer have his NHL rights and he will be free to sign anywhere he chooses.”

Edited by Me_
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Right now there seems little point hiring a new manager or coach. I don't see how any combination could turn this team round mid-season, it's a long term project. Beyond that it's hard to see how we could attract any top players here considering we have achieved nothing and are nowhere near being a contender in the future, we are right up against the salary cap so we can't offer ridiculous contracts, which probably means the only way up is with good drafting.

This road trip could well decide where we pick in the '22 draft. We have three games that on paper we will probably lose (Pittsburgh, Columbus, Boston) and two games against teams below us (Habs and Sens) which on paper we should win. I didn't think we could lose to the Hawks but we did, so I am not hopeful that we can necessarily beat MTL or OTT.

Could it be tank time already?

Rash moves aren't wise but in this situation waiting until the off season is too long. Get a solid plan and move forward. Get it over with, waiting in this case, as far a getting a GM is crucial..

58 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Rash moves aren't wise but in this situation waiting until the off season is too long. Get a solid plan and move forward. Get it over with, waiting in this case, as far a getting a GM is crucial..

For what it's worth the need an elder hockey statesman first and fore most. Give him the authority to review where we are. I can't recal who but there was mention of Mike Forde being consulted. I just hope FA has the sense to listen. This guy has been described as a king maker. 

Mike Forde is one of the world’s leading authorities on elite talent and high performance, having worked in professional sports since 1998. Mike has a rich background and experience in creating ‘game changing’ methodologies around management of world class, multi-cultural talent. His work in pioneering new practices in elite sports world have become a benchmark for leading teams across the globe. Mike is the go to expert for some of the great sports leaders from the world of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and European Soccer.

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Thought he was on a two year deal over there…

Tryamkin signed 2 year deal

At the end of Tryamkin’s new KHL deal, the Canucks will no longer have his NHL rights and he will be free to sign anywhere he chooses.”

It sounds like the Canucks were only willing to pay the league average price for him and didn't add any to entice him to come back. The cost of living in Vancouver also played a part

5 hours ago, BureBurrito said:
  • Aqualini ate up the belief the team was what was seen in the bubble playoffs 
  • Then the team proceeds to dump all the core players, and replaces them with guys like Travis Boyd & Jimmy Vesey which irks the team dressing room & culture for winning team big tim
  • Proceed to dump players (overdue) for an over the hill vet (OEL) and another small forward (Garland) and claim victory this off season 
  • 17 games in so far = near dead last in the division and bottom 6 in the league; same as it's been pretty much the last few years
  • Despite another deflating top to bottom showing...Aqua still holds the line thus blowing any chance of competitive hockey come March for this season...

It's a mess throughout the entire organization.

We got OEL with salary retained. He has played solid. We would be talking about the draft before the season started without OEL.

• Vintage 1

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

To date I have been an absolute JB fan mostly because of his drafting. But this Green devotion has me flummoxed. I really think JB will sink himself tied to this coach. It looks like self sabotage?

Or maybe the players lifted the ban on Fortnite and are preoccupied with playing games instead of hockey, now that they are paid well and distracted by wealth and just have fun

They look like they have lost their pride, drive and commitment (they tried for 2 periods last game)

Penguins played Jets tonight, come out hard again

The schedule has helped us recently, but the results won't concur

1 hour ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Or maybe the players lifted the ban on Fortnite and are preoccupied with playing games instead of hockey, now that they are paid well and distracted by wealth and just have fun

They look like they have lost their pride, drive and commitment (they tried for 2 periods last game)

Penguins played Jets tonight, come out hard again

The schedule has helped us recently, but the results won't concur

Did you mean pride, hustle and desire? Bill L? 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

So you say Covid scared a russian? 
Covid is worse there since many more don’t believe the hype and drink a bottle of vodka a day instead. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We got OEL with salary retained. He has played solid. We would be talking about the draft before the season started without OEL.

Yes... and QHs has responded well playing with another elite level D.   Our PK was sent to ARI lol...that exchange ... it's kind of ironic it's possibly killed both JB and TG tenure with our team.    Even with an average PK we'd probably be .500, a good one above it. 

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So you say Covid scared a russian? 
Covid is worse there since many more don’t believe the hype and drink a bottle of vodka a day instead. 

How else are you supposed to kill the virus?   Might as well smoke a couple packs a day unfiltered too - nothing can take foothold with those sorts of toxins floating around the body, Trump told me so. 

• Haha 1