The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mid November and our season is all but wasted, with 5.8% chance of making the Playoffs !

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

How else are you supposed to kill the virus?   Might as well smoke a couple packs a day unfiltered too - nothing can take foothold with those sorts of toxins floating around the body, Trump told me so. 

Yeah, pity I can’t stomach a bottle of vodka per day. :bigblush:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

So you say Covid scared a russian? 
Covid is worse there since many more don’t believe the hype and drink a bottle of vodka a day instead. 

We'll no, he's got a little daughter almost 2 years old now. And our covid year was pretty brutal. We barely survived the season. 

13 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll no, he's got a little daughter almost 2 years old now. And our covid year was pretty brutal. We barely survived the season. 

I believe the Covid is worse in Russia due to a bit cover up and even more of the antivaccine group than US. 
His daughter won’t have a problem unless she has a similar health issue as Hamonics child.

But if Putin spout out lies about how dangerous it’s in the states etc it may affect him if he believes Putin’s media.

The only russians I have talked to are like the Trump people in the red republican states. 
It’s all fake and won’t take a fake vaccine. 

11 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I believe the Covid is worse in Russia due to a bit cover up and even more of the antivaccine group than US. 
His daughter won’t have a problem unless she has a similar health issue as Hamonics child.

But if Putin spout out lies about how dangerous it’s in the states etc it may affect him if he believes Putin’s media.

The only russians I have talked to are like the Trump people in the red republican states. 
It’s all fake and won’t take a fake vaccine. 

Politics and vax, yes there is that. But I believe young parents are extremely afraid for their children. Doesn't matter Ham or Try. 

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Politics and vax, yes there is that. But I believe young parents are extremely afraid for their children. Doesn't matter Ham or Try. 

Health authorities in Sweden has never talked about a risk for toddlers. Schools have been open for students under 16 years old. 
Statistics seems to show that the regular season flu is deadlier than Covid-19.

So for me the only reason for parents to be afraid is some sort of desinformation.

Do you have that in Canada? 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Health authorities in Sweden has never talked about a risk for toddlers. Schools have been open for students under 16 years old. 

So for me the only reason for parents to be afraid is some sort of desinformation.

I think mom's all over the world are the same. Very scared for their babies. 

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

You'd have to ask a mom

I know a lot of mothers.

But it seems to be a slight difference in how Covid-19 is described between our countries.

We wouldn’t even discuss this unless.

Teachers on the other hand are sometimes put in difficult situations but here in Sweden they could be on paid leave if they was in a risk group.

On 11/22/2021 at 3:33 AM, N4ZZY said:

5.8%? 

That's better than the supposed 4.2% the other day. 

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

This season is going to continue to go south. By the time Green is fired, the season will be completely lost. 

It's pretty clear what ownership should do, but they're not going to do it until it's too late sadly. This season is just a lost cause. I'm not sure how there's not a firing already. This week maybe

My biggest fear is that JB and management is going to make trades to salvage any hope of making playoff and we are selling players at their absolute worst value for pennies on the dollar. It is is an embarrassment that the wolves are already sniffing around trying to pounce on JB, who at his best is usually trading at a position of weakness or letting players walk for nothing.  Wait until trade deadline and milk more picks and prospects from the highest bidder. If the owner is not going to let JB and Green go, at least limit their power to do more damage to our core.

I agree this season is lost, with Oilers, Flames, Vegas and one of California teams getting in.

The time to fire Green was after the last road trip.

I look at the flames, and I am jealous at how fast they are turning things around. Getting 3 of our former players and a competent coach.  Even the Hawks are showing signs of improvement after they fire their coach.

You cannot blame bad luck for our standing.  We had a number of teams on their second nights of back to backs and still manage to lose. As they say you have to be good to be lucky!

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO MAKE ANY TRADES!!!

6 hours ago, IceHockeyPlayer said:

My biggest fear is that JB and management is going to make trades to salvage any hope of making playoff and we are selling players at their absolute worst value for pennies on the dollar. It is is an embarrassment that the wolves are already sniffing around trying to pounce on JB, who at his best is usually trading at a position of weakness or letting players walk for nothing.  Wait until trade deadline and milk more picks and prospects from the highest bidder. If the owner is not going to let JB and Green go, at least limit their power to do more damage to our core.

I agree this season is lost, with Oilers, Flames, Vegas and one of California teams getting in.

The time to fire Green was after the last road trip.

I look at the flames, and I am jealous at how fast they are turning things around. Getting 3 of our former players and a competent coach.  Even the Hawks are showing signs of improvement after they fire their coach.

You cannot blame bad luck for our standing.  We had a number of teams on their second nights of back to backs and still manage to lose. As they say you have to be good to be lucky!

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO MAKE ANY TRADES!!!

So the time to trade players is when they are all playing to their potential and the team is winning?   This isnt the stock market. Underperforming players get traded all the time.  

On 11/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, Coconuts said:

Exactly. We aren't the Blues, the Blues were always expected to do more and underperformed, our defensive core isn't even the shadow of the core the Blues possessed at the time. 

It ain't happening, we're done. Hoping for a Blues styl turnaround is like betting on your team squeaking in and going on an LA Kings style run, it's extremely unlikely. 

The blues had one of the best bluelines ive seen play in ages.  Big 2 way dmen that could skate, shoot and battle hard.  Forwards were heavy, fast, so good at both ends of ice and so hungry.  Wish benning could build a team like that. 

• Cheers 1

If Travis Green is somehow still coaching this team while Boeser and Miller are moved out, I'm done with this team. This group surely isn't good enough to win a cup, but even the worst projections had this team being better than this. Coaching was the first thing that should have been addressed, then management, and then finally the core of the team. Now we're looking at a desperation trade by our idiot GM to cover up the fact that the coach that he just gave an extension to is possibly the worst coach in the history of this franchise, all under the supervision of our meddlesome doofus of an owner.

This franchise is dying under Aqualini/Benning/Green. 

22 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Not really.   What we have in Canada, at least where i live which is not a big town, people who died from Covid, including ones we know.   Never had the seasonal flu do that in 12 years that i know of since moving here.   Did Trump come by and advise the scientists in Sweden? 

Edited by IBatch

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Travis Green is somehow still coaching this team while Boeser and Miller are moved out, I'm done with this team. This group surely isn't good enough to win a cup, but even the worst projections had this team being better than this. Coaching was the first thing that should have been addressed, then management, and then finally the core of the team. Now we're looking at a desperation trade by our idiot GM to cover up the fact that the coach that he just gave an extension to is possibly the worst coach in the history of this franchise, all under the supervision of our meddlesome doofus of an owner.

This franchise is dying under Aqualini/Benning/Green. 

I know people here don't like ownership. But I never really understood where there was so much hate with Aquilini. I get he meddles too much and that is a fair criticism and does have a share of the blame. But not as much as Benning.

Aqulini at least is willing to spend for the team to make the competitive. Did he bet on the wrong horse to manage the team? Yep. But I still put the blame of Benning who doesn't seem to have the discipline to use make use of the funds he has in his disposal the best way possible.

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I know people here don't like ownership. But I never really understood where there was so much hate with Aquilini. I get he meddles too much and that is a fair criticism and does have a share of the blame. But not as much as Benning.

Aqulini at least is willing to spend for the team to make the competitive. Did he bet on the wrong horse to manage the team? Yep. But I still put the blame of Benning who doesn't seem to have the discipline to use make use of the funds he has in his disposal the best way possible.

Aqualini employs Benning, and continues to employ him. Is that not reason enough? Brackett and Linden were chased out of the organization under his watch. 

The fact that our front office is now one of the smallest in the league and our last couple of coaches seem to have been plucked out of a bargain bin seem to indicate he's cutting costs where he can outside of the cap.

Then there's the fact that it was him that didn't allow the franchise to rebuild properly. He wanted the 'rebuild on the fly' strategy, and we're seeing the "benefits" of that strategy playing out right in front of our eyes. 

It all starts with Aqualini.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Aqualini employs Benning, and continues to employ him. Is that not reason enough? Brackett and Linden were chased out of the organization under his watch. 

The fact that our front office is now one of the smallest in the league and our last couple of coaches seem to have been plucked out of a bargain bin seem to indicate he's cutting costs where he can outside of the cap.

Then there's the fact that it was him that didn't allow the franchise to rebuild properly. He wanted the 'rebuild on the fly' strategy, and we're seeing the "benefits" of that strategy playing out right in front of our eyes. 

It all starts with Aqualini.

That's also a good point but how much of that is a product of Benning more than anything?

When Gillis as GM Aqulini was willing to fund Gillis more experimental ideas and pay Torts a lot of money. 

Well all know Benning has always wanted to take a more hands on approach and probably wanted to consolidate a lot of responsibilities under his umbrella. 

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Not really.   What we have in Canada, at least where i live which is not a big town, people who died from Covid, including ones we know.   Never had the seasonal flu do that in 12 years that i know of since moving here.   Did Trump come by and advise the scientists in Sweden? 

Ehh, what are you on about? 
Can you please link anything that suggests Covid-19 is as dangerous to children as to people over 65 years old or people in risk groups?

The seasonal flu hasn’t got the chance nowadays by the way since we got everyone old or in risk group vaccinated for seasonal flu. But children isn’t vaccinated therefor we see how many dies of sesaonal flu and can compare that to Covid-19.

58 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

That's also a good point but how much of that is a product of Benning more than anything?

When Gillis as GM Aqulini was willing to fund Gillis more experimental ideas and pay Torts a lot of money. 

Well all know Benning has always wanted to take a more hands on approach and probably wanted to consolidate a lot of responsibilities under his umbrella. 

Team was also legit sold out most/all the time.  Merch revenue likely much higher as well.  Property values around the arena skyrocketing at a high rate (which I suspect the owners have a good piece of).  Even just one playoff round every year meant $$$'s to the wallets of the owner.  Easy to be loose with the money when the revenues were THAT good.

• Cheers 1