The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Thing is... based on last years line combos, Pearson was one of the guys that worked well no matter what one you put him on pretty much. 

image.png.373bf50814a58a4e514cdb90df0cda73.png

well, he's either with Bo or Miller so he'd better be doing OK. 

37 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

https://shows.acast.com/dropping-the-gloves/episodes/interview-with-jt-miller-vancouver-canucks

I will do a recap tonight after work but very good listen and makes me wanna keep him so bad :wub:

JT is a cool cat, no doubt. Said all the expected “I wanna be in Vancouver” lines you would expect from a seasoned vet. But reading between the lines the JT groupies should probably be making peace with an eventual parting of the ways. 

The hosts don’t know much about the Canucks as the phrases “Cup contender” and “strong defence” were used to describe the team heading into next year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

JT is a cool cat, no doubt. Said all the expected “I wanna be in Vancouver” lines you would expect from a seasoned vet. But reading between the lines the JT groupies should probably be making peace with an eventual parting of the ways. 

The hosts don’t know much about the Canucks as the phrases “Cup contender” and “strong defence” were used to describe the team heading into next year. 

If I get plus odds on Canucks making the playoffs, I'm hammering it. 

Yes, not a Cup Contender yet though. Scott was overly complimentary. 

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Just listened to this. Thanks for the link! John Scott is a bit of a sh!t.

You can tell Miller loves our team and the players here:

- better opportunity in Van

- want to grow even more 

- forechecking and speed is an attribute of his

- likes playing as centre and breaking out of the defensive end

- wants to stay versatile wherever he is needed

- teams well with Petey in face offs and positional play

- coaching change was good for the team, especially Petey

- Petey is the best player when he is on top of his game

- BB’s push stuck, didn’t have to change a whole lot…pk was the biggest issue

- team defence was top 3 when 5 on 5 but ok killed them

- likes to kill penalties, keeps him sharper with more ice time

- frustrating that the pk at the beginning basically killed their playoffs

- expect to be in the playoffs this coming season…better start, nothing needs to change much. 
- maturing players will naturally be picking things up

Why don’t you have a 7 year contract making 10M a year? You’re Bergeron with more points!

- new management. From day 1 want to be here. If not meant to be then I understand. Have to respect everyone’s vision. 

You are the face of the franchise. What do they say to you at the exit interview? What do you say?

- we were going to negotiate an extension in the summer but no happy ground

- media would give 90% fake news, a lot of bs in the media

- I want to be in Vancouver. I hope it works out. 

You are a good fit anywhere. Is it distracting when your GM says he will trade you if he can’t sign you? Especially if you have another kid on the way?

- try to stay out of it and respect their vision 

- I expect to be there and try to help my team into the playoffs 

You are a cup contender if anyone plays to their potential. 

How many first rounders does JT Miller get? Four?

- I’m not saying 

You are smiling everywhere before but you are all business and look upset in Vancouver?

- it’s the same face, I’m naturally more fired up and ready. You know about the gruelling nature coming up 

Pods future?

- unlimited potential (goes on a lot about him), really unbelievable player. Just needs his language to pick up for communication of plays and he is working on that. He is gonna be scary 

QH growth?

- pride in defensive zone, takes over games and out skates anybody, very smart, one of the best players if not the best player. We all will pick up our games even more

Fight with Tkachuk 2 years ago?

- both angry from recent strings of loses

You said you would like to mature more? You’ve been in league 10 years!

- not get too worked up or frustrated yet also keep my fire so I can play at a high level. Got to keep emotions in check a bit more often

Centerman rest of career?

- I don’t care whatever is needed. I will always do face offs and help where I’m needed

What’s it gonna take to year and term sign you?

- I’m not indulging that! 

Sedins around?

- they watched our practices, watched us a lot, did not come on the ice. I would like to spend some time with them on the ice. 

John Scott digs into the Sedins and says they don’t do anything. All these guys who come back to teams like that do nothing. 

What the hell?

John Scott is an idiot

whoda thunk that a guy whose entire professional career was based on punching guys in the face more than they punched him in the face would be a mouth-breathing moron?

• Haha 1