The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Fiala for Boeser Id entertain

Why though? If you look at their respective numbers it's not like Fiala's ahead of Boeser. 

If the Wild are looking to move Fiala for the second time in his young career I'd be questioning why. 

I just don't understand how he'd improve the squad. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Kuzma seems to be speculating it could be Fiala and Greenway in the deal... tbh I'd do that. Greenway under the right coach could be a beast and we need some bigger bodies.

Interesting article, Kuzma is speaking like he actually knows something. Benning has used him before to float trial balloons in the media too.

Still I don't see how that helps us immediately or going forward with cap implications. We aren't a better team right away and Greenway is also an RFA and will likely be looking for a raise as well.

You can't expect to afford these two guys and Hog/Pod moving forward without dumping Boeser somewhere.

• Upvote 1

I'm all for moving Miller, but not for an underwhelming return. He's our best trade piece, if teams want him they'd better be prepared to pay up or shop elsewhere. 

Young NHL quality D with top 4 potential, blue chip prospects, high picks. Maybe a top end 3c with additional pieces, we need one. But no, not a lateral move. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Still I don't see how that helps us immediately or going forward with cap implications. We aren't a better team right away and Greenway is also an RFA and will likely be looking for a raise as well.

You can't expect to afford these two guys and Hog/Pod moving forward without dumping Boeser somewhere.

moving Boeser could still be in the works for a RHD. We can't fix this roster with one move.

I also think this article is being used to put it out there that Miller is available. I'd imagine Jim's phone is busy.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I love Fiala but if we’re trading Miller we need to target young dmen or young centers. We have an abundance of good wingers. Getting Fiala would just make a winger we have redundant and then we’ll have to trade somebody we do have for a dman or center which teams will ask for the moon on those premium positions.

Just now, JM_ said:

moving Boeser could still be in the works for a RHD. We can't fix this roster with one move.

I also think this article is being used to put it out there that Miller is available. I'd imagine Jim's phone is busy.

Who's gonna trade a young and/or cheap top 4 RHD for an underperforming top 6 RW who has a 7.5M qualifying offer?

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I'm hoping that's the case, get a bidding war going. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Who's gonna trade a young and/or cheap top 4 RHD for an underperforming top 6 RW who has a 7.5M qualifying offer?

Boeser has a good reputation tho, and that QO isn't a deal breaker imo.

I think Brock would still bring that kind of return.

• Cheers 1