The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, Master Mind said:

Agreed, you don't see too many deals involving a winger for a D.

Miller being able to play C could be what entices a team to move a top 4 D though.

More likely a prospect with top 4 potential than and an actual young top 4 D. Like Schneider from NYR.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Miller is a C and winger, and trading him straight up for a smaller LW just doesn't seem fair

Pettersson

Horvat

Erikson Ek

down the middle

Edit - someone has to fix that Player Name thing

Yes please!  Minny would probably want more though.

Edited by Hogs & Podz

Miller is a PPG top 6 Center that does everything and Fiala is a small top 6 winger which we have plenty of. One is worth much more than the other so unless we’re getting a top D or Center prospect back then I really dislike this for Vancouver. Also Miller would be the prize possession at the trade deadline if they want to move him a week or so before the deadline is the best return time with a huge bidding war.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Podzilla said:

Miller 28 - Minn, Rathbone ------ 2nd rounder, Fiala 25, ( 24--26G  guy) Greenway 24, 6'5 gritty, big power forward would look great with Petey and age.....

Trade Boeser - for #2 D man &( 2nd rounder)

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm good with trading JT. But he has been scoring at a good pace for us, power forward, plays center. The return better be top notch, or forget it.

This.

I'm okay moving on from Miller but considering how much value he holds as a player for us, I'm expecting a very high price to pry him out of the team. Thing is do you go for immediate impact pieces or do you go for futures? 

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Miller 28 - Minn, Rathbone ------ 2nd rounder, Fiala 25, ( 24--26G  guy) Greenway 24, 6'5 gritty, big power forward would look great with Petey and age.....

Trade Boeser - for #2 D man &( 2nd rounder)

BB^ is NOT returning you a top 2 D (RHD I assume your alluding too) AND a 2nd round pick.

BB is cold as ice now, value is low

• Like 1

Not a fan of trades at this time.  However, if they move a top line winger, or a top player period, it has to be for a bona fide top 4 RHD

A smart move imo would be Myers + Pearson for a quality RHD who can play defense.  It may be an over pay but to fill the biggest need the team has, it might be worth it.

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This.

I'm okay moving on from Miller but considering how much value he holds as a player for us, I'm expecting a very high price to pry him out of the team. Thing is do you go for immediate impact pieces or do you go for futures? 

With the way this team is going and with the lack of consistency throughout the years, futures for sure. Especially when the next 2 drafts are deep.

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This.

I go futures, or a younger impact piece. EK maybe. Has to be a center or dman imho.