The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

From CapFriendly...

What is an unrestricted free agent (UFA)?

A player becomes a free agent when their contract expires on July 1 after the last League Year of their contract. Any player who meets the following requirements becomes an unrestricted free agent (UFA):
  1. Is 27 years of age on June 30 of the contract expiry year
  2. Has seven (7) Accrued Seasons where an Accrued Season is earned when the player was on the clubs active roster for 40 Regular Season games (30 if the player is a goaltender). Games missed due to a hockey related injury will count towards an accrued season in the season of the injury, plus one additional season after the injury.

Thank you

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

Isnt it age 25 or 7 years max, whichever is first? Correct me if Im wrong. Not sure

Age 27.  

7 years max but for a year to count towards UFA it has to be 40 NHL games.  

The age 25 is to become a group 6 UFA.  Players who have been under contract for at least 3 years and haven't played 80 NHL games by 25 become UFA.  Chatfield, Grenier, Kenins fell in that category.

Agreed that roster-wise I think we'd be fine if we did move him (given Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Pearson).  
That being said, it'd also be a dumb move to sell low on a sniper who's basically snake-bitten.  In his first couple seasons, his shot % is around 12-16% (he did have that season where he shot around 10% with 16 goals from 169 shots in 57 games, but that in turn is around a 23 goal pace in a full season).  Even going at the current rate (4 goals in 16 games), Boeser's a 20-goal scorer so I really hope they don't undersell him.   

• Like 1

He's struggling for sure this season but the moment we trade him to a vaguely good team with a good coach you know he'll drop 40 goals consistently. Grabner exploded after we traded him and Boeser will do much better.

If we start trading our young star players who we've taken the time to groom before we can the coach, this team's spiraling will get even worse, we may not even be at rock bottom yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The way Podkolzin plays, Boeser may be a great trading chip. 

Podz is a rookie. He’s not going to replace Boeser for some time. Definitely not this or next year. Putting that kinda pressure on him would set him up for failure. 

• Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Agreed that roster-wise I think we'd be fine if we did move him (given Garland, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Pearson).  
That being said, it'd also be a dumb move to sell low on a sniper who's basically snake-bitten.  In his first couple seasons, his shot % is around 12-16% (he did have that season where he shot around 10% with 16 goals from 169 shots in 57 games, but that in turn is around a 23 goal pace in a full season).  Even going at the current rate (4 goals in 16 games), Boeser's a 20-goal scorer so I really hope they don't undersell him.   

They're probably going to undersell Brock. 

I don't have confidence in management doing the right thing...

1 hour ago, JC2 said:

Boeser and Miller rumored to be on the block... the vultures have begun to circle.

Not surprised at these two players being on the trade block/rumors. 

Miller especially. Brock, maybe a little surprised...

Boeser needs to play with more pace to his game. Looks sluggish and slow out there.

I'm open to moving him, but I know there is so much more that Brock can give. He needs to dig deeper because he hasn't looked very enticing of a player since his rookie year and prior to him hurting his back.

As much as Pettersson has had a dreadful season to this point, it has largely overshadowed Boeser's poor performances as well. Im not surprised his name is back in the rumor mill. But I also don't expect this current regime for now to give up on Brock. But saying that, he needs to pick up his game. He looks entirely invisible on most nights.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1