The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Teams contacting the Canucks about Boeser doesn't mean he's on the block.  It means GM's are fishing.  

Pretty much. Team's trying to see if they can take advantage of a GM who appears to be in dire straits. 

Move out the coach and see what the team looks like before considering something like this.

Instead of, you know, everything but firing the coach. 

• Huggy Bear 1

Probably my favorite Canuck player... Instead of fixing the real problem (coaching, structure) we are trading Boeser.... This is a facepalm to Benning. 

Although he is having a set back this season, I think he is a genuine 30 goal scorer. Unless the return is very good, trading him is a mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He's struggling for sure this season but the moment we trade him to a vaguely good team with a good coach you know he'll drop 40 goals consistently. Grabner exploded after we traded him and Boeser will do much better.

If we start trading our young star players who we've taken the time to groom before we can the coach, this team's spiraling will get even worse, we may not even be at rock bottom yet.

No he didn't. He was barely getting by the Panthers training camp and ended up in the Isles, THEN he blew up. Thats on the Panthers

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

boeser and mcdonaugh for Braden Schneider +chytil

That is a terrible deal. Boeser has been super unlucky. In my book, he is still a first line player. Not to mention McDonaugh might very well be in the running for a hobey baker this year. 

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Re-signing him before the off-season is the only way. Once he gets to his qualifying offer being tendered he will likely just accept it.

question then becomes why would he sign for anything less if he knows his QO will be more than what management would hope he would sign for? 

Benning's and his crew is obviously going to try to sign him for less than his QO. Why would Brock do that? 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Pretty much. Team's trying to see if they can take advantage of a GM who appears to be in dire straits. 

Move out the coach and see what the team looks like before considering something like this.

Instead of, you know, everything but firing the coach. 

Yeah. Desperate time for Benning. GM's in these kinds of positions generally don't make good moves for the future of this franchise. He's all in for this season, damn to the future of the organization. 

This season seems to feel like getting worse and worse. 

• Huggy Bear 1

7 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Boeser needs to play with more pace to his game. Looks sluggish and slow out there.

I'm open to moving him, but I know there is so much more that Brock can give. He needs to dig deeper because he hasn't looked very enticing of a player since his rookie year and prior to him hurting his back.

As much as Pettersson has had a dreadful season to this point, it has largely overshadowed Boeser's poor performances as well. Im not surprised his name is back in the rumor mill. But I also don't expect this current regime for now to give up on Brock. But saying that, he needs to pick up his game. He looks entirely invisible on most nights.

There was a stat about in the past 6 games the combination of Boeser, Horvat and Pettersson only had 1 pt combined...That is effing pathetic, especially from your supposed top guys! The coach needs to go in the worst way, clean house with the coaching staff and bring some experience in but MOST IMPORTANTLY a fresh NEW strategy for the players to buy into.

We should NOT be trading any younger players until BOTH the Coach AND GM are fired and if the players underperform then let the NEW people in charge make that decision...not the current people, that would be a huge mistake!

Wish we would have brought Brian Burke in as a President of Hockey Ops before Pittsburgh did, some have mentioned Jim Rutherford I have as well but not totally sold on him, I never did find out why he just up and left the Penguins.

Brock should get paired up with Hoglander who is an energizer bunny and Horvat. Then you put our Wolverine (Garland) with Pettersson and Podkolzin and let those lines play together for the entire upcoming road trip. See if those combos get some of our top underperforming youngsters out of their slumps...Yes that means JT plays with inferior linemates, but he is the only one producing offensively and has shown he can carry a line regardless of who he plays with.

I would serious consider moving JT Miller if a team with a good young RHD is interested in him. He is a great player but doesn't fit in with our team as some would say...but if that was true, why did the current GM trade for a 30yr old D who makes north of 7m for 6 more years? Kind of a mixed message if we dealt JT due to age/contract, think JT is going to want to go play somewhere else when his deal is up anyway so move him this year or at the draft. 

28 minutes ago, AriGold said:

To MIN: Brock Boeser

To VAN: Marco Rossi

Get er done GMJB

Edit: If yall want more and think Jimbo is capable of it then try to get Calen Addison added.

Isn't Rossi like 5'9? Hard pass on yet another small player for me anyway. BB should be kept, sadly our team has next to no playmakers on the team. Horvat- shoot first kind of player, EP- Shoot first, JT- Shoot first, BB- shoot first, can pass also like any player but known for his shot...whatever happened to that lethal shot is a mystery for BB and EP.

We make any big trade it has to be your oldest player with the best return aka JT Miller, not your youngest top 6 RW imo.

You want to get an added Troy Stecher sized D back too, what is the point? We need some size or we might as well fold and move the team to Europe

Edited by Canuckster86