The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov 24, 2021 4 PM PDT | Normal GDT Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

I swear, If this team makes any trades before a coaching change... lol

We are still the same old canucks, But with muchhhhh better 5v5 play. Which means a proven vet coach like shaw can help improve a team ( look at his history, Proven fact so don't try and argue ). Another prime example would be Clark and what he does for goalies. I really don't get how we are the only team in the world to not realize this and the positive impact it would have on our team....  Now if we could just pay the big money for the same vet experience in place of these 3 AHL amigos.

There is a reason why coaches get 5+m a year, Also a reason why all the playoff teams have these guys:unsure:
Please franco, Smarten up already 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, nux_win said:

I believe that you have just contradicted yourself but whatever.  Further embarrassment is not the way forward in my opinion.  We need to develop a culture of winning.  We have good enough players, we just need to get organized.  Maybe some further changes are needed but we just went through a big round of changes and we don't even really know what we have yet.  In my opinion we need patience and determination not more panic.  There is no rush to make sweeping changes.  We need to focus on winning with what we have.  It's best to dance with the date you bring to the party.  Maybe even twice.  GCG!

What contradictions. I'm in a fighting mood today so here goes.

What culture of winning. We been trying to do that for 8 years and what did we end with? A culture of losing and acceptance of not even mediocrity but just happy to participate. This is on ownership for being 'patient' to a fault. Enough is enough. 

What good enough players? Have you seen how Petey, Brock, and Horvat played these last 2 seasons. They are all flirting with bust territory. If it is just this season then fine, but we already see a while season of this lackluster play. This core is just not good enough to make the playoffs let along win the cup.

We need change now cause everyone is expecting it and it is just gonna hunt the team till it happens. Seeing how Aqua is refusing to be a big boy and do what is needed. We need to lose and lose bad so the pressure mount in him to change the GM. 

I like Jim and think he is an ok GM but he needs to go now cause he is compromised as a GM as other GMs and agents know that he is desperate and therefore not negotiate in good faith and give fair value for our players.

We need to do that before we make anymore mistake. Let a new GM assess and make changes. Opposing GMs won't try to penny and dime us knowing a new GM will have 0 pressure to change the team.

• Cheers 3

Maybe the Canucks coaches can learn something from  this game since Pittsburgh has the #1 Penalty kill in the league at 89.6%. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/penguins-aim-to-stay-hot-vs-canucks/

“I'm not disappointed in how we played," Vancouver coach Travis Green said of the 1-0 setback. "(We would) probably take that game every night, probably win it eight or nine times out of 10."

That's if the Canucks score, which has been a problem. Even though Sunday was the first time they have been shut out, they have managed just 13 goals over their past seven games.

Vancouver's players don't sound as patient as their coach.

"I'm tired -- tired of making excuses," team captain Bo Horvat said. "Again, we've got to find a way to score."

Now, the Canucks are left to find their offense when they open a five-game road trip in Pittsburgh.

"It stinks, obviously," winger Conor Garland said. "It would have been nice to win (Sunday) and hit the road with some confidence.

4 hours ago, Odd. said:

I feel like this road trip is a make or break deal.

I agree. If we can't beat Habs and Sens then we might as well give up and get the next bus home.

I'm guessing PIT will have their backup in goal. If Jarry is in then we are going to have the same problem we had with Chicago. It's a classic case of your best players have to be your best players. Ours aren't.

9 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I agree. If we can't beat Habs and Sens then we might as well give up and get the next bus home.

I'm guessing PIT will have their backup in goal. If Jarry is in then we are going to have the same problem we had with Chicago. It's a classic case of your best players have to be your best players. Ours aren't.

That might work out OK since they won't be able to get here from there as the highway is kinda broken, so they'll have to look to the Abbotsford Canucks to play the next few home games.  Probably have better success.....