The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov 24, 2021 4 PM PDT | Normal GDT Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

This team is obviously over thinking everything. Over thinking causes hesitations and doubt. Thinking about systems and x's and o's rather than playing the moment, rather than attacking and playing the game. 

Scoring is a lot of instinct and will, a static plan has made static shooters. 

Hitting is a lot of instinct and will. 

I think Green is in their heads and when the game starts they need only part of what Green says and adapt it to 'their' style of play. This was most obvious with Jake, "I dump it in now, no long shifts now, don't hit or don't get penalties "  rather than taking the ice that was there, or the opportunities that are there, rather than gaining the zone and maintaining puck possession etc. 

Green could complicate a stick. 

The players have to go back to what got them here. Especially Petie. Go get a goal. Worry about systems when you get back to the bench. 

Screenshot_20211124_070045.jpg

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

This is exactly how I feel.

And this is what players do when they can just "play" and don't have to overthink things.

He always had the talent.  We saw him skate his ass off, use his body and use his shot when given limited minutes his first year.  Green wrecked him.

Zack is the type of character this team needed.  There is no excuse for letting him go. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Green and Team have wrecked many players at this point.  

I really see that for what it is.  There's no other explanation for multiple players all struggling.  And the ones who leave finding their games.

You finally came around just like I did.

I gave both JB and Green the benefit of the doubt.  But no more.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Green and Team have wrecked many players at this point.  

I really see that for what it is.  There's no other explanation for multiple players all struggling.  And the ones who leave finding their games.

I’m glad you finally see the light.

And remember Miller never wasn’t intended to be a core player. Just an impatient quick fix by Benning trying to start the window earlier than plan.

He didn’t even wait til Petey got into the role of 1st C.