The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Meh, with the way this team has been mishandled, from coaching all the way to GMing and more, I honestly don't think we could do worse.

Green is such a terrible coach, and I doubt Kane would make things worse roster wise. Now with regards to personnel, I'm not sure many people would be willing to play with him.

Can’t do worse?

Tortorella as GM.

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

If we are having locker room issues, how exactly is bringing in Evander Kane going to help with that? 

Anyone suggesting bringing in Kane is just not a good idea. 

If the locker room is fragile, bringing in Kane is like unloading a nuclear bomb in that dressing room. 

explosion GIF

two negatives = a positive :P

Edited by timberz21

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Bringing Kane is going to destroy whatever is left in that room. He's a cancer. No to Kane. No forever. I don't care if he's from Vancouver. He's 30 years old like another poster has mentioned, and he's just not a good player, isn't motivated, there are so many reasons to stay away from that guy. He's terrible on and off the ice. NO. 

Although I’m not suggesting adding Kane in any way, you’re wrong about on the ice. Last year he was clearly the best player on the ice for the Sharks most nights. 

But the Sharks team as a whole are better off without him, because of how he affects those around him. Definition of locker room cancer. Maybe he was the best player last year because he was the only guy not sick of playing with Evander Kane. Stay far away.

Adding Kane would be a desperation move.   The guys totally nuclear at the moment.    Not that our dressing room is probably a fun place to be in.   People can change.   Not sure Kane has much humility in him, but the guy can play the game.   I'm sure someone would take the risk but if that someone was us it would show just how desperate JB and Aqua are to make the playoffs.   Like letting the devil into life on purpose just to get something you really want.    Not worth it. 

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

If we are having locker room issues, how exactly is bringing in Evander Kane going to help with that? 

Anyone suggesting bringing in Kane is just not a good idea. 

If the locker room is fragile, bringing in Kane is like unloading a nuclear bomb in that dressing room. 

explosion GIF

Kane is at the bottom now. This mean that he might change character. He will probably be a win for the team that takes over his contract. 

I think we should totally be in on Kane.

The deal would be.

Kane 50% retained
SJ 1st round pick
Bonino
Eklund

for
Dickenson
Ferland

Sounds about perfect to me... then we suspend Kane the moment he misbehaves and try to terminate him for breach of contract.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think we should totally be in on Kane.

The deal would be.

Kane 50% retained
SJ 1st round pick
Bonino
Eklund

for
Dickenson
Ferland

Sounds about perfect to me... then we suspend Kane the moment he misbehaves and try to terminate him for breach of contract.

can't move Ferland tho, we'll need the LTIR.

Just now, Provost said:

Fine... they can have Luongo's recapture penalty and Myers, but they have to give us Gadjovich and Dahlen back.

dont want Dahlen back.

But seriously, if the next GM (assuming there is one) want a mini-rebuild, we should actually find out how desperate the Sharks GM really is.

If we could somehow end up with 4-5 1st round picks  (total including the two we have) in the next two years by moving Brock and Miller, that might re-set things nicely.

17 minutes ago, JM_ said:

dont want Dahlen back.

But seriously, if the next GM (assuming there is one) want a mini-rebuild, we should actually find out how desperate the Sharks GM really is.

If we could somehow end up with 4-5 1st round picks  (total including the two we have) in the next two years by moving Brock and Miller, that might re-set things nicely.

They’re not Ehrhoff for White desperate.

Edited by Me_

LOL.... I know we are desperate to win but we can't be THIS desperate to bring in a good player with a badly flawed personality and obscene level of integrity & professionalism!!! I would much rather have Lucic than him!!! 

Speaking of Lucic, JB still can't find a similar guy for us all these years... so our soft skilled players continue to get pushed around!! It's just pathetic that we only have OEL and Schenn who can stand up for the guys and drop 'em! I hope we get Greenway from Minny!