The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lol Sharks.

Unless they’re willing to retain 100% and add a 1st round pick no team is biting.

They have 3 games until they have to make room on their roster. Looks like Gadjovich might be hitting the waiver wire again.

Great. Claim him JB. 

Doing the simple thing of claiming Gadjovich is going to earn you some credit with fans.

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I think we should totally be in on Kane.

The deal would be.

Kane 50% retained
SJ 1st round pick
Bonino
Eklund

for
Dickenson
Ferland

Sounds about perfect to me... then we suspend Kane the moment he misbehaves and try to terminate him for breach of contract.

Bonino, is he still good? 

I really liked him when he was here. Could be a good addition if he is still good, don't know what his salary is like.

The comments on here make me laugh! 

I remember when CDC voiced their opinion on Anthony Deangelo, people said he would never get another job in hockey, and that it was a fluke he scored all those points.

They said, he was a cancer in the room..................

Well now he is playing on Carolina, and scoring huge points, and all for a million bucks..............seems to have worked out pretty well for Carolina

Now, everybody is voicing their Hollier than Thou routine again on Kane

I do not think I have ever heard a word from any of Kane's team-mates that say he is anything other than a professional on the ice and in the locker-room

Would Kane help our on ice performance? I think so.....................isn't that the bottom line? I mean, the guy is not in jail, is he?

CDC wants choir boys, who score 50 points a season..........Kane is 6'2" 210 lbs, can fight and plays a heavy game, and still scores those 50 points a season

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I remember when CDC voiced their opinion on Anthony Deangelo, people said he would never get another job in hockey, and that it was a fluke he scored all those points.

Well now he is playing on Carolina, and scoring huge points, and all for a million bucks..............seems to have worked out pretty well for Carolina

I do not think I have ever heard a word from any of Kane's team-mates that say he is anything other than a professional on the ice and in the locker-room

Would Kane help our on ice performance? I think so.....................isn't that the bottom line? I mean, the guy is not in jail, is he?

CDC wants choir boys, who score 50 points a season..........Kane is 6'2" 210 lbs, can fight and plays a heavy game, and still scores those 50 points a season

Where the hell have you been ;)

I agree,  I said 5 years ago Kane needs to come home.

He has been playing hockey away from home since he was 14.

Atlanta , Buffalo, Winnipeg..  his your spent in the craters of Earth.

50- 60 % salary retained .. gets us a power forward that we can buy out at a decent figure if he fails.

His Mother and Father are or,  were still living here..  His father , an x athlete , know to training him in his off season.

Kane needs to come home for so many reasons..

this is an opportunity he would highly embrace right now..   and being here would reform his personal life .

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

When your own teammates don't want you back despite your production that says something

https://theathletic.com/news/several-sharks-teammates-dont-want-evander-kane-back-on-the-team-sources/1ffGCFrGpnx3/

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwja6O6L4LH0AhUOFTQIHfC5A6cQFnoECAQQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsnet.ca%2Fhockey%2Fnhl%2Fa-timeline-of-kanes-indiscretions-with-jets%2F&usg=AOvVaw0Fq-W27freVyhlkvvfyEXM

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Wasn’t there a story about his stuff thrown in the shower when he was with the Jets?   

Yup, he wasn't exactly a favourite of his teammates in Winnipeg either. 

I don't care if he had a career season, I'm not going to gloss over his history because of it. The article I posted is about as close as you're going to get to his teammates coming out and saying they don't want him publicly. Because let's be real, there's a strong chance he's a Shark again soon and players speaking up in the media isn't going to make the scenario any better. 

Bringing a guy like him in when our season is already a mess, and lost, would just be throwing fuel on the fire. If he wasn't a headache San Jose wouldn't be looking to retain salary on a player who can produce offensively. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

The issue is it's not his first rodeo on problems. If he mucked up with a gambling habit. Not sure if he apologized, and was getting help. I'm all for second chances.

But he then gets busted for a fake covid vaccination card where he's suspended for 21 games. 

Sorry, money has gone to his head. I doubt even home cooking can fix that. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

See Byfuglien and Kane's history

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Kane is a serious douche. He has a bad history all the way back to the his Atlanta Thrashers days.

Kid’s bunk. All the talent in the world. But it’s Him against the Universe. A complex which does not translate well in an NHL room.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

50% retained and take salary back I'd do it

Need some size and strength and attitude on this team.

Too many pretty boys on this team that's why it sucks. 

Love Kane. Kane is the type of winner a team wins with when it wins.

Edited by Me_