The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

Kane has been a spoiled brat turning into an addict. Maybe an reaction to racial slurs, identifying with rappers with bad attitude. 

Now he has nothing except one thing. His brain is fully developed so now he maybe can make the right decisions when he’s at the bottom.

31 minutes ago, rekker said:

The only hope this goof has of turning it around is to hit rock bottom, which he hasn't yet. I will never say never, but I don't think he's done with his attitude adjustment yet. 

E Kane will be a very broke once rich athlete.  

• Upvote 1

I think SJ would not only retain, they would probably throw in draft picks to have him NOT rejoin the dressing room.

Personally, with everything that has happened, I think they may have grounds to suspend him, without pay for the number of issues.

I agree with a previous poster, even if he was free, and San Jose was going to retain 100% of salary, I'm not sure I would take him.

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think SJ would not only retain, they would probably throw in draft picks to have him NOT rejoin the dressing room.

Personally, with everything that has happened, I think they may have grounds to suspend him, without pay for the number of issues.

I agree with a previous poster, even if he was free, and San Jose was going to retain 100% of salary, I'm not sure I would take him.

he's a buyout waiting to happen unless SJS coughs up its 1st round pick unconditionally. And maybe they are that desperate to do it.

If not, and we want him, we can probably get him for 1 million next year. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he's a buyout waiting to happen unless SJS coughs up its 1st round pick unconditionally. And maybe they are that desperate to do it.

If not, and we want him, we can probably get him for 1 million next year. 

What if the Sharks give us their 2022 first (unprotected) and retain 50%, and they take back Pearson to balance the cap?  Still a super bad idea?  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

What if the Sharks give us their 2022 first (unprotected) and retain 50%, and they take back Pearson to balance the cap?  Still a super bad idea?  

I'd do that. Who cares, we sit Kane in Abby or he does something dumb outside of the rink and we get to fire him. Or, maybe he finds god and turns it around. 

I would need the 1st to be unconditional tho. 

• Cheers 1

Max retention and a good pick for a sweetener, I’d happily welcome him home!   
He may be a prick, but he is a hell of a hockey player in his prime. 

We suck.  Gotta consider everything if it makes us better.   

Worst case Ontario, we retain on his already retained contract and get a solid pick for him to a contender. 

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

Love Kane. Kane is the type of winner a team wins with when it wins.

Straight up I don't like some of the things he does off ice but he's a beast on ice and we have a bunch of guys more worried about their hair and nails than hockey