The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The People have spoken - 94% of thousands polled - Do Not Trust Jim B !

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Honestly. I 100% second this. These are some of the worst posts I've seen on this forum EVER. lol

Frankly I'm struggling see why there's an objection. He's one of the few, very few, that thinks before his fingers hit the keyboard, he isn't  a cheerleader and he makes his own analysis. Definitley not a sheep. Why would any one  ban the chap simply because he disagrees with your own position. I'm befuddled ( that should give some youthful scope for a few postes LOL )

ps I certainly don't trust JB's intellect to make decissions. This guy got us to where we are, why on earth would we trust him to get us out of the mess, just asking

Edited by Fred65
  • Like 1

What difference does any of this make if he’s just an Aquilini puppet? I’m beginning to think that’s all this is now. Any other team would have bare minimum hired a new coach by now.

I’m officially apathetic, I just don’t really care until there is some kind of major change.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Frankly I'm struggling see why there's an objection. He's one of the few, very few, that thinks before his fingers hit the keyboard, he isn't  a cheerleader and he makes his own analysis. Definitley not a sheep. Why would any one  ban the chap simply because he disagrees with your own position. I'm befuddled ( that should give some youthful scope for a few postes LOL )

ps I certainly don't trust JB's intellect to make decissions. This guy got us to where we are, why on earth would we trust him to get us out of the mess, just asking

I'm honestly going to disagree on this. I don't see the thought process before hitting the keyboard. For the record, almost anyone here, even people who I don't agree with, I respect. This is not about someone having a different opinion. This is about going too far in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm honestly going to disagree on this. I don't see the thought process before hitting the keyboard. For the record, almost anyone here, even people who I don't agree with, I respect. This is not about someone having a different opinion. This is about going too far in my opinion.

it's nothing more than spam, imo

35 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Bingo

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

This about says it all.  Todays poll on Donnie & Dhali show, showing nearly everyone does not trust Jim B.    In most "Normal" situations, losing the entire fan base' confidence should be the end of him. 

What do you think? Are 94% of "The People" wrong ?

c1TeEnBO_normal.jpg

Our poll question: Do you trust Jim Benning to make a major trade right now? Personal computer Email: TheTeam @ Chekmedia dot ca Mobile phone Text: 604-200-9494
  •  
    Yes
    6.5%
  •  
    No
    93.5%
5,269 votes·Final results

The 6.5% are real ones for riding so long tho..

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Honestly. I 100% second this. These are some of the worst posts I've seen on this forum EVER. lol

50 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

43 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Really?  Going to far?   With the facts?  With reallity?  With raising current affairs and specific viewpoints and news discussion items for further analysis and discussion here on CDC?   Unfortunately, the team has been in a very long funk and many long time supporters (as in several decades) have lost the faith in where this team is going and are NOT satisfied with mediocre, last place finishes year after year and demand more - especially when we put our money where our mouth is and are STH's, as I have been for decades.  Uncle Jim/Green have had almost a decade/or less to prove themselves and here we sit today; Mid November in the basement with the season pretty well lost again!   Does this satisfy anyone? How many years or decades should Jim be allowed?

Keeping dirty little secrets and failures hidden and not openly discussing them - does nothing to prompt anyone to fix things.   Why do you think the Canucks Owners, management, coaches and players are presently under extreme pressure to get the ship righted?    

Rest assured I'm in bed with this team, likely like all of us are but insist that everyone keep the pressure on this organization until change occurs or we'll be talking about 28th place finishes for the foreseable future!  However, for those content with the status quo - I respect your opinion!

Go Canucks go!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

This about says it all.  Todays poll on Donnie & Dhali show, showing nearly everyone does not trust Jim B.    In most "Normal" situations, losing the entire fan base' confidence should be the end of him. 

What do you think? Are 94% of "The People" wrong ?

I don't disagree with the results but bear in mind that this is an unscientific poll so take the 94% with a grain of salt. In general these tyoes of voluntary polls tend to draw out the people who really have an ax to grind one way or another and are more than willing o jump at an opportunity to make their cause known.

I think if this were to be conducted in a more statistically valid format you would still get a majority of people agree with this result but it would be far less from 94%

Edited by GB5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dazzle said:

This poll question is leading. No surprise that the poster has used the survey's answer to bolster his own thoughts on it.

In short, a confirmation bias is a confirmation bias.

The people have also spoken here on the forums - Green is highly unpopular here and we want change.

I agree, polls like this on talk shows or conducted by the media are intended to generate discussion but in no way should be taken as definitive evidence to prove a point.

3 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I don't disagree with the results but bear in mind that this is an unscientific poll so take the 94% with a grain of salt. In general these tyoes of voluntary polls tend to draw out the people who really have an ax to grind one way or another and are more than willing o jump at an opportunity to make their cause known.

I think if this were to be conducted in a more statistically valid format you would still get a majority of people agree with this result but it would be far less from 94%

Quite possibly.    Interestingly enough, most daily polls on that show draw-in 1500 to 2500 respondands on a typical day, with no more than 60-70% leaning one way or another on any given question.    However this poll drew in an unusually high number of respondants with an extremely one sided response.   So, I would suspect that even in a more controlled format, we'd still see extremely high - one sided numbers against Jim, which pretty well echo what we see on this board, as there are only a smattering of die-hard Jim B supporters left lying around - here & there.  Most "Normal people" have "seen the light" by now and are resigned to the reality of our current situation Jim left us in!

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

Please reread the question - it doesn't say "Do you trust Jim", it says " Do you trust Jim Benning to make a major trade right now?".

Completely different!  

Only those that think otherwise are WRONG!   :emot-parrot:

If you don't trust him to make a trade, how can you trust him to run the team?