The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At what point do the players give up on the franchise?

Rate this topic

danjr

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Bo should show up and give it his all if he wants to win games. He's been one of the biggest passengers for a while now. 

You mean when he was the leading scorer of the bubble well after we were eliminated??? Then they moved on from all of the guys who he had formed a bond with. Ya I get it dudes all alone with an inept coach/GM and players who just don't know their roles in any kind of system. I can see it man he's thrown his hands in the air and accepted the things he cannot change and is done putting his heart in this bottomless pit. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You mean when he was the leading scorer of the bubble well after we were eliminated??? Then they moved on from all of the guys who he had formed a bond with. Ya I get it dudes all alone with an inept coach/GM and players who just don't know their roles in any kind of system. I can see it man he's thrown his hands in the air and accepted the things he cannot change and is done putting his heart in this bottomless pit. 

Is he a professional or a quitter?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Does Bo walk in free agency? 

The first reply to this post was trading for elite prospects like Lundell. I am so down to trade like JT miller for Anton Lundell 1 for 1 

The topic is a little silly. For fans of the Canucks we never speak about giving up on our team ever. It’s a part of being a Canucks fan hopefully before I die I get to see a cup but regardless I’ll always be a Canucks fan. Ive stopped watching games until I see changes have been made but I’m a Canucks fan through and through.....past the failed cup runs and injuries at the worst time or when my FavouriteCanucks player of all time decided to go mob boss and knock out a player at the wrong time wrong moment. Those are the bad times you deal with.

now that’s out of the way. 

This team sucks this year plain and simple. No chemistry. No balance. Leadership on the team is in need of a reminder from ownership that when you wear a letter on your jersey you are also responsible to prevent melt downs like this from happening by leading the team out of their own heads on and off the ice.  

Green won’t make it out of the year. My guess is he’s turfed around or just after the holidays, high probability its after he gets off this road trip. He’s probably wanting/waiting for it at this point. It’s getting uglier every game and he doesn’t have answers anymore to solve the leadership problem on the ice he’s just as frustrated and a new job/new team will be a healthy option for both parties less costly.  

The real issue with the team composition this year from my view is our Defence group is not good enough to be NHL caliber and the chemistry of the pairings doesn’t even matter. We need a few more  top four Dman other than Hughes I’m not sure we have a second who fits that bill. We have A defence group that’s third line quality all day. You can’t run a team with all third line players. 

Edited by Bertorama

31 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Not much more needs to be said when Miller is asked after the game if everyone is buying in. His response said it all. 

This team needs to start moving players this season and start preparing for the next season and beyond.

Yeah. I saw a clip of JT's facial reaction to the question being asked. 

Says a lot. 

Coach needs to go for Green's sake, but also for the Canucks. 

But also some of the players also need to go as well. 

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

Not much more needs to be said when Miller is asked after the game if everyone is buying in. His response said it all. 

This team needs to start moving players this season and start preparing for the next season and beyond.

Was that Miller today?

He is becoming the only core player I want left on this team

1 hour ago, Bertorama said:

The topic is a little silly. For fans of the Canucks we never speak about giving up on our team ever. It’s a part of being a Canucks fan hopefully before I die I get to see a cup but regardless I’ll always be a Canucks fan. Ive stopped watching games until I see changes have been made but I’m a Canucks fan through and through.....past the failed cup runs and injuries at the worst time or when my FavouriteCanucks player of all time decided to go mob boss and knock out a player at the wrong time wrong moment. Those are the bad times you deal with.

now that’s out of the way. 

This team sucks this year plain and simple. No chemistry. No balance. Leadership on the team is in need of a reminder from ownership that when you wear a letter on your jersey you are also responsible to prevent melt downs like this from happening by leading the team out of their own heads on and off the ice.  

Green won’t make it out of the year. My guess is he’s turfed around or just after the holidays, high probability its after he gets off this road trip. He’s probably wanting/waiting for it at this point. It’s getting uglier every game and he doesn’t have answers anymore to solve the leadership problem on the ice he’s just as frustrated and a new job/new team will be a healthy option for both parties less costly.  

The real issue with the team composition this year from my view is our Defence group is not good enough to be NHL caliber and the chemistry of the pairings doesn’t even matter. We need a few more  top four Dman other than Hughes I’m not sure we have a second who fits that bill. We have A defence group that’s third line quality all day. You can’t run a team with all third line players. 

I don't see how he could be coach still at the rate that they're losing games. If he remains, it's just bad for all parties involved. Bad for the fans (apathy, anger), bad for the players (resignation to the fact that they can't seem to win), bad for management (and the culture they continue to perpetuate), bad for owners (losing money), bad for the post-game show guys (Bik and Shah) who have to talk about a loss every single time the team plays. 

It's just bad for eveyone. Change is needed. Change is necessary at this stage of the organization's existence. None of the pieces fit from management on down (can't change ownership). 

6 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

It was only half a year ago where players were advocating for him to stay LMFAO 

No one really knows how many players advocated for them to stay. 

Maybe him staying is part of whatever is going on in the locker room. I would not be surprised if caving and giving Hamonic an exception to the 100% vaccination proclamation by Benning pissed some players off too. 

7 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

No one really knows how many players advocated for them to stay. 

Maybe him staying is part of whatever is going on in the locker room. I would not be surprised if caving and giving Hamonic an exception to the 100% vaccination proclamation by Benning pissed some players off too. 

wouldn't be surprised. Benning doesn't seem to have a backbone. 

there's a lot of families on the team, so i wouldn't be surprised if this would be a divisive issue. It certainly is in the society we live in today, wouldn't be surprised if it was the same inside the locker room. 

2 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Canucks are already at the point where they're a laughing stock. The players are done and good luck convincing any other players to come to Vancouver.

That's actually one of the consequences of being so bad I don't think has gotten enough attention. We were supposedly going to be good this season, or at least competitive. 

Being as bad as we've been is going to scare off UFA's looking to go somewhere and win while they get paid. There will always be guys who are happy to get an NHL job, but this being this bad will hurt for a while going forward unless things begin to turn around.