The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Vancan2021 said:

Wonder how the sedins would be as coaches? 

Respect would be there. You don't have to be crazy vocal, (Suter, Trotz), already on payroll! Haha. 

Probably should be another thread topic. 

I don't think it's the right move. 

Putting them in as coaches would be seen as an act of desperation, and it would also set up the greatest Canucks of all time, to fail. I wouldn't want that for them or for the team. They have zero experience, and after hiring so many people in management and coaches with zero experience. I think it's time to hire some experienced, qualified NHL people. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I'd rather not have our two greatest players in history be scapegoats for this mess of a team.

I agree guys, just grasping at straws. Look at Gretz when he attempted coaching. 

We don't want the bros being the laughing stock of the sports world. 

Frustrations all around for us. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Wonder how the sedins would be as coaches? 

Respect would be there. You don't have to be crazy vocal, (Suter, Trotz), already on payroll! Haha. 

Probably should be another thread topic. 

Hell no. Leave them alone. Did you see how Ole failed at Manchester United?

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No, you were wrong. You actually contradicted yourself on the whole media thing. First you supported the media by saying they were 'telling it as they heard it'. Then you contradicted yourself by saying that the media would be boring without the media spinning the truth.

Then when you were called out for it, you spun it like everyone else was misunderstanding what you were saying.

:rolleyes:

You did misunderstand what I was saying. Purposely but that doesn’t matter.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The core has stunk, no doubt.

But I question what you mean by save the season, as we're pretty far out of the playoff race. They should be looking to see how much of this group they can salvage in general, because the guys look pretty defeated nowadays. If this keeps up I could see guys asking for trades.

The group is the core, it comes down to what you want to do with them. And if we're going that route then we are taking major surgery.

It's a quarter of the way through the season, the team would have to overachieve to make the playoffs but there's still 3/4 left. After the moves made & expectations coming in, are they (ownership/management) really going to accept this and go down without a fight?

If so it might really lead to changes, I think everyone in the organization & fanbase thought this team could be better, but if they accept that we aren't then everything is up in the air.

15 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Idk why but I go back in the summer to how Petey said he likes Vancouver but wants to be on a winning team.

At the time I understood his POV but given the situation now it suddenly really irks me. He's supposed to the one of the main guys to make that happen. He shouldn't be saying something like that like an entited brat and then perform the way he's performed.

If anything, he should've stepped it up to truly be one of the top players in the league that deserves that sort of winning environment.

Did this guy over-estimate himself and think it would be a free ride after that big payday he wanted?

He just expects to be on a winning team even when he takes his foot off the pedal? I have no idea how exactly he spent his offseason but I'm sick of his injury excuses.

He clearly didn't try enough, maybe even care enough to improve his game and it shows. 

I remember thinking at the time that comment needlessly added pressure on him, who would've guessed he would have such a bad year.

I think he's trying really hard but he just doesn't have the confidence that's apart of what made him so good.

Really sucks how his season has gone, contract negotiation included.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

47 minutes ago, Vancan2021 said:

Don't mind Boudreau but he is a defensive first coach. (Minnesota Wild all those years). 

I personally believe when everything would be going on a cylinders our games would look like 5-3, 4-2, winning. Not a Bruce 2-1 win in shoot out team. 

But if Peewee Herman is available and can stop the locker room soap opera, I'll try anything at this point.  

They were talking a lot about Boudreau on the Caps v Habs radio broadcast tonight. 14 years ago tonight, Boudreau replaced Glen Hanlon as the Caps coach.

One of his first moves was to promote Nicholas Backstrom to the top line. The team took off from that point onwards with a very high octane offense during Boudreau’s tenure with the Caps.

I believe that he would jump at the opportunity to coach the Canucks. He could possibly replicate his performance in Washington.

As far as the Minny situation goes, Boudreau would probably say that you can’t make chicken soup out of chicken sh!t. :)

Just now, PistolPete13 said:

They were talking a lot about Boudreau on the Caps v Habs radio broadcast tonight. 14 years ago tonight, Boudreau replaced Glen Hanlon as the Caps coach.

One of his first moves was to promote Nicholas Backstrom to the top line. The team took off from that point onwards with a very high octane offense during Boudreau’s tenure with the Caps.

I believe that he would jump at the opportunity to coach the Canucks. He could possibly replicate his performance in Washington.

As far as the Minny situation goes, Boudreau would probably say that you can’t make chicken soup out of chicken sh!t. :)

And then choke game 7s on home ice lol

19 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Idk why but I go back in the summer to how Petey said he likes Vancouver but wants to be on a winning team.

At the time I understood his POV but given the situation now it suddenly really irks me. He's supposed to the one of the main guys to make that happen. He shouldn't be saying something like that like an entited brat and then perform the way he's performed.

If anything, he should've stepped it up to truly be one of the top players in the league that deserves that sort of winning environment.

Did this guy over-estimate himself and think it would be a free ride after that big payday he wanted?

He just expects to be on a winning team even when he takes his foot off the pedal? I have no idea how exactly he spent his offseason but I'm sick of his injury excuses.

He clearly didn't try enough, maybe even care enough to improve his game and it shows. 

At this point, I think that Canucks should hire the best sports psychologist out there. Some of these guys could really benefit. 

• Like 1

Right now following this team is like watching a plane crash in ultra slow motion. 

We all know what needs to be done and yet silence from Aqua. This team ain't gonna magically wake up. Everyone is waiting for something to happen, delaying it further is just gonna have the cloud hanging over this team get more moisture. 

Hear me out on this one. How about we all pool our money. 3 banners- Fire Aquilini. Fire Benning. Fire Green.

Maybe they'll give us a deal if we buy in bulk and we can get 2 others that say fire Baumgartner and fire King.

The kicker- instead of paying for an airplane to fly around for a few minutes we buy a weather balloon and fly it over the city 24/7!

• Haha 2

At some point you gotta think even Green can't be this bad,  bad maybe, but not this bad. 

Is there more than meets the eye? Like what is really wrong?

Do players as well as staff need to go? They shouldn't be so bad. The team culture is messed right now so much that it ruins good players. Why did holtby and Schmidt want to leave so bad? 

It can't all be on Green, or Benning for that matter. This team is not a team, and isn't this bad on paper. 

2 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Hear me out on this one. How about we all pool our money. 3 banners- Fire Aquilini. Fire Benning. Fire Green.

Maybe they'll give us a deal if we buy in bulk and we can get 2 others that say fire Baumgartner and fire King.

The kicker- instead of paying for an airplane to fly around for a few minutes we buy a weather balloon and fly it over the city 24/7!

Nahh too complicated. Just rent some ad space throughout the transit lines.