The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

“I don't know if we're pressing too hard,” Horvat said. “We're trying to make something out of nothing right now ...where we're not playing the way we should be playing in order to win. I don't know if we're pressing for offence or what, I don't really know the answer. But it seems to be that way -- we turn pucks over and it ends up in the back of the net.”

If you are trying to make something out of nothing, it means you have no systems in place. Green can talk about following systems and process all he wants, but he obviously has nothing concrete. Its like our government and the dildos who voted for them. All talk and no action.

28 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Valk used to live up here. I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting him several times. Hell even played drop in hockey against him during the lockout. A far better man and player Mr. Trevor Linden was also there and on my team and line. 

He was not a liked person by most. I let off a pretty hard snap shot and hit him right in the ankle. He had a hissy fit, I offered to drop em and Trevor said no one is going to sign you anyways Valk. And no one did....&^@#ing asshole. 

Thanks Gnar. Confirms Trev is just a quality guy. Pretty sharp retort by him too. 

37 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I gotta admit. I'm starting to mirror the team in terms of how I watch the game. 

I never watch the game live and just pvr it otherwise I risk losing 3 hrs of my evening to watch something that makes my blood boil. 

I watch until opposition is up 2 goals. 

I then start skipping every 30 seconds until a big play happens or Canucks score. If opposition is up 3 goals I skip to last 10 minutes of the 3rd.

If Canucks are still down by 2 or more, I shut it off. 

Basically, I show up for 20 min just like the team. 

You do better than me. I fast forward to the 1st goal scored. If it’s the Canucks I rewind to the beginning and watch. If it’s not I fast forward to the 2nd goal. If the 2nd goal is the Canucks I rewind to the beginning and watch. If it’s not I fast forward to the 3rd goal. If another team goes up by 2 goals at any time I fast forward right to the end. If the Canucks win I rewind to the beginning and watch. If they don’t I’ve saved myself 3 hours of apathetic sorrow. Rinse, repeat each game. Just lost all confidence in my favorite team.

12 minutes ago, Battlemonger said:

“I don't know if we're pressing too hard,” Horvat said. “We're trying to make something out of nothing right now ...where we're not playing the way we should be playing in order to win. I don't know if we're pressing for offence or what, I don't really know the answer. But it seems to be that way -- we turn pucks over and it ends up in the back of the net.”

If you are trying to make something out of nothing, it means you have no systems in place. Green can talk about following systems and process all he wants, but he obviously has nothing concrete. Its like our government and the dildos who voted for them. All talk and no action.

He also said that they are not executing the system.  He might be more referencing this kind of situation where Poolman is leading the rush at the end of a 1:01 shift and then turns the puck over. 

Edited by mll

4 minutes ago, mll said:

He also said that they are not executing the system.  He might be more referencing this kind of situation where Poolman is leading the rush at the end of a 1:01 shift and then turns the puck over. 

I know we're trailing and looking for goals at that point but look at what Horvat's doing...

He sees his D-man is trapped and there's a puck battle at the blueline but he's floating down backdoor and when the Pens come up with the puck he's all the way down in the corner.

Completely unacceptable.

Boeser as well needs to realize he needs to be on top of the puck instead of standing there between the puck and the opposing goalie as if he was defending lol.

I know the coach isn't teaching them these things but he's clearly not holding them accountable for lazy, selfish decisions.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tas said:

that's not it.

That's not all of it.

The team has obvious holes that were easily identified even while we were feeling hopeful before the season started.

But if a new coach came in and got the good group of players playing to their abilities and winning some games, it would build some hopefulness at the very least.

It might even give Benning a few more months to fix the D etc...

Wow, at this point of my train of logic I'm even shaking my head at myself - man we're screwed

18 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

You do better than me. I fast forward to the 1st goal scored. If it’s the Canucks I rewind to the beginning and watch. If it’s not I fast forward to the 2nd goal. If the 2nd goal is the Canucks I rewind to the beginning and watch. If it’s not I fast forward to the 3rd goal. If another team goes up by 2 goals at any time I fast forward right to the end. If the Canucks win I rewind to the beginning and watch. If they don’t I’ve saved myself 3 hours of apathetic sorrow. Rinse, repeat each game. Just lost all confidence in my favorite team.

This is getting ugly.

I would say those of us on CDC are some of the most diehard fans and if this is how we are watching the game, this franchise is in deep trouble and revenue will start to tank.

Can't imagine many of the sason ticket holders will renew after this season if things dont change.

The first period was the Demko show.  Any team with an ounce of pride would fight back for their goalie in the 2nd.

We did the complete opposite.

I am not liking the identity of this team.

Weird thing is, the fire dissapears after joining this team. Petterson had all the tools.  both skill and will. Remember how intense he was in hsi rookie year?

What the hell happened?

WHy do our guys all become apathetic the longer they stay here?

Miller seems like the only one thats pissed off but it seems like he's the oucast by actually being angry that they are playing like crap.

What is wrong with the culture of this team?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1