The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 24, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

The room says different the way JB handled the Bubble  off season  by not offering contracts left a taste in everyone's mouth.

Was it Miller who spoke out publicly about not keeping Tanev, Tofoli, and Markstrom?  Or was that Bo?  

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

And who would be the young players they’re fed up with exactly?

Hoglander who is the hardest worker on the team?

Podkolzin who is one of the few guys on the team that knows how to forecheck?

It doesn’t make sense. Terrible rumour.

Maybe the lack of effort shown by Petey and boeser ?

32 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

This is not a team built for Stanley Cup contention. It is more the typical Canadian model that the Leafs developed for decades. Scrape into playoffs and hope goalie gets hot and goes on run. Feel like better than really are, make some I’ll advised moves, crash burn and then retool into a borderline playoff team again.  
‘Pettey should probably be on wing which puts us with one quality NHL centre in Bo, Dickinson should be on wing and Lammiko has been disappointing. 
As good as Miller has been and as good as the Arizona trade has worked out they were based on the premise that we were further along than we are. 
The D has been built through UFA because we can’t draft or develop D-man an UFAs are not a way to build the team, just complement. 
We have three wingers playying centre on any given night because we can’t draft and develop Centres. 
This team is built around wingers which is not a recipe for success especially since Podz is the only one who has the talent for top 6 that plays a heavy game. Garland and Hoglander play above their weight class but that isn’t intimidating anyone. There is nobody opening up the ice for Pettey and Brock with physicality, no forechecking presence whatsoever. 
Worst part of our game is the breakout. This team is built to play an attacking/skating style but is trying to play cycle games like the Sedins are still there. The D is terrible at clearing the puck and the forwards are always hooking back or stationary when the pass comes to clear the zone giving the Other team lots of time to set up D system and set traps. Watch Calgary the forwards are moving forward when they receive the breakout pass, weird huh.

Hopefully full restructure is coming and tearing this team down to the studs. May be a few more years of pain but would be nice to actually be building towards something other than scraping into playoffs and hoping for miracle run. 

You put it way better than Ii could. Excellent analysis.

3 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

As good as Demko has been I think it was likely losing Markstrom the way they did that broke the team, or I guess just the combo of losing both of them to a close rival. 
whatever it was, team is broken. 
If this team was working hard, doing the right thing and losing (like Ottawa) I would have a lot less problem with the team but it often looks like OEL and Garland are the only ones who still care. 

Another season of Green might change that.:(

17 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Another season of Green might change that.:(

Unfortunately, I think a lot of players will be asking out soon. Ownership is failing to address this horrific start. I didn’t verify if it was true or not but on the radio at work yesterday they were saying this is the worst start in first 20 games in 24 years for the organization? They also said this Canuck’s team has scored the fewest goals in NHL history of ANY team through the first 20 games?  

If these 2 things are true, buckle up folks, it’s going to take some miracle workers, a dozen trades and a decade before we pull out of this.