The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The first domino to fall

Rate this topic

73 Percent

The first domino to fall  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

on every other NHL team he would have been fired several weeks ago . That's for sure. But hey, we 're in VAN here. Things are quite different in this market and especially with this owner.

They just hoping for a magical 10 game winning streak to start without making changes :picard:

Green used to be all smiles before, even after bad calls on the ice or even losing games. Taking everything so lightly, because he knew Jimbo and the owners had his back, and he had stars like Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes to rely on - or blame if things went sideways.

The smiles have been replaced by bags under his eyes, and he's unable to figure this out. The losing continues, now he's punishing Pettersson with demoted minutes. The young guys aren't going to want to play for this team if this is their coach. He really doesn't know what he's doing.  The players are frustrated and trying to coach themselves by the looks of it.    

What a fricken disaster Mr. Aqualini. You should be embarrassed.

Honestly, the best move right now would be to hire an experienced President. Its clear the entire management needs to be changed out, but we can't rely on ownership to make these choices. To have a buffer between ownership and the new hires is important, IMO.

Just now, StanleyCupOneDay said:

If I was a betting man I’d say change is coming after they return home from this road trip. Temperature is wayyyy too hot in Vancouver and pressure needs to be relieved somehow.

I hope your right about the change. You are right about the temperature. It’s gonna get ugly without a change 

I think the Aquilini family is ironing out their own affairs first and going to determine who, if not Francesco, is going to commandeer this ship from here on out before making wholesale changes. If there is smoke there is fire and if Roberto and Luigi aren’t happy having Francesco sewer the family name and their investment with his piss poor job at being chairman of this team, they are going to step in and decide what’s best. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

in an entertainment business that's about results on wins and losses, only the results on losses matter? as long as these idiots fill the arenas and make as little noise as possible

that approach will lead to teams leaving cities.

22 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I hope your right about the change. You are right about the temperature. It’s gonna get ugly without a change 

Been a lurker since the Sedin heydays and never under any season I’ve been here on this forum have I seen the users/fans so uniformly upset. Its unanimous across the board for a coaching change. Mixed on the GM, but even supporters patience is running thin on him. It’s far far worse than the Desjardins years. Something has to happen when a market gets this heated: See Chicago Blackhawks after they had 1 win in 12 games.

Edited by StanleyCupOneDay
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Been a lurker since the Sedin heydays and never under any season I’ve been here on this forum have I seen the users/fans been so uniformly upset. Its unanimous across the board for a coaching change. Mixed on the GM, but even supporters patience is running thin on him. It’s far far worse than the Desjardins years. Something has to happen when a market gets this heated: See Chicago Blackhawks after they had 1 win in 12 games.

I’ve been patient and level headed for the last few seasons. JB has done a lot of things I like. The players he brought in the year have been good outside the obvious, Chiasson for example. Which seems more on Green then anything. He wanted him vs other guys that make have broken out. 

The players that were good in previous years have not been good so that to me means the coach. I’m pissed with JB too though. He’s holding onto something that clearly doesn’t work. Travis Green. All coaches expire and Greens training session should be over. I can see Green having success later in life but not on this team. He’s probably learnt a lot about being an NHL coach but it’s time to move on. He’s done the best he can with our young players and clearly they need an experienced coach to get them out of this and become better players.

Being a JB supporter in the past I can safely say holding onto Green and his staff had been his biggest downfall and I’d be happy to move on from both of them at this point. In a perfect world for myself I’d like to see a new coach and reassess at the end of the year. Who knows coaching changes have done great things in the past and we could go on a run but we don’t have a chance in hell with Green at this point imo

I can see them bringing in an old grizzled vet to try and calm the room down like in 04 when they traded a 7th rounder for old Marc Bergevin. 

Other than that, ownership likely rides out the season and blows it up, puts new management in place before the draft

barring of course a massive turn around. 

Anyway you slice it things are very broken and need to be fixed. 

I'm still behind my team no matter what....GO CANUCKS GO