The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Mike Babcock in town to meet with Aquilini family...

Rate this topic

N4ZZY

2 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

I think its obvious that if Babcock is in town for a game against UBC, then a team's owner that is possibly looking to fire his head coach would meet with Babs. 

I personally think Babs would be great for Petey like he was for Datsyuk. Why not. &^@#ing green has me out here &^@#ed up rn.

He'd probably scratch Petey first.

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

I think its obvious that if Babcock is in town for a game against UBC, then a team's owner that is possibly looking to fire his head coach would meet with Babs. 

I personally think Babs would be great for Petey like he was for Datsyuk. Why not. &^@#ing green has me out here &^@#ed up rn.

I didn't know Babs was in town for a game against UBC. 

But I can see if he was in town, like you say, why not reach out and chat with him to see if it's a possibility to coach the Canucks if there's interest there. Explore. It's better than doing absolutely nothing and sitting on their asses all day. 

I guess bad press is still press and coverage on the team. No such thing as bad press right? 

Right Right Right Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

He'd probably scratch Petey first.

I could see it. But maybe he deserves it, to light a fire under his ass to perform and get his game together. 

24% of the season is already done....

If he's not getting his game going at this point, it'll soon be 30 percent of the season done. This is by far going to be his worst season in his young career (we hope). 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Source couldn't be more weak.

He is in Vancouver, but it's because the University team he coaches is playing the Thunderbirds. No legitimate reports of anything else.

New rumour:  Francesco seen at UBC to watch a Thunderbirds game  :bigblush:

• Haha 3

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I could see it. But maybe he deserves it, to light a fire under his ass to perform and get his game together. 

24% of the season is already done....

If he's not getting his game going at this point, it'll soon be 30 percent of the season done. This is by far going to be his worst season in his young career (we hope). 

Petey does deserve it at this point. Could get a fire going but some of the stuff Babs does, over time, could rub people the wrong way.

Babs also likes to play his favorites akin to Greener and Willie with grindy players.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Babs also likes to play his favorites akin to Greener and Willie with grindy players.

What is it with coaches and their favorites - especially an obsession with bottom six forwards? 

Those are not the guys that will win you games....

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

What is it with coaches and their favorites - especially an obsession with bottom six forwards? 

Those are not the guys that will win you games....

they are consistent at a "meh" level. Their average game is a 3/10 - a great game is a 4 and a weak game is a 1

then you some second liners.... their average game is a 6/10 - a great game is a 9 and a weak game is a 2.5

It seems logical you'd take the second liner, but they seem to put a lot of weighting on the "predicatibilty" of what theyll get 

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Petey does deserve it at this point. Could get a fire going but some of the stuff Babs does, over time, could rub people the wrong way.

I was never a big fan of Babs but he brings instant credibility. He has been humble and I bet he's learned a few things. He's an egomaniac. This team needs a coach who brings an ego, a resume. A strong coach is the Alpha in the  room whereas Coach Ghandi is the butt wipe. Would love to see Babs here.

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 1