The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Mike Babcock in town to meet with Aquilini family...

Rate this topic

N4ZZY

1 minute ago, -SN- said:

First, the rumour is kinda garbage, 

Second, I'm not sure injecting more toxicity would be good at this point. 

I'm not sure there's room. CDC is basically slow cooking in the duck fat of negativity right now. Something really has to give. 

Just having fun with it. Why not?  The Canucks are miserable right now, sad sack of a team. Got to try and make the best of it with rumours and ideas. If only Aqualini put in this much effort to try and fix the team. 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Cheers 1

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Boudreau, Julien, or even Tortorella would be decent fits with this roster. 

I think the style that Tortorella pushes, is better suited to Eastern teams. I think his over reliance on a few players, is difficult with the West Coast travel schedule.

Really not big on Boudreau or Julien.

Any word on whether NYI will be parting ways with Barry Trotz? Would be really good with him....someone start the rumor in NY, let's see if we can make it happen!!! :)

• Haha 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

I think the style that Tortorella pushes, is better suited to Eastern teams. I think his over reliance on a few players, is difficult with the West Coast travel schedule.

Really not big on Boudreau or Julien.

Any word on whether NYI will be parting ways with Barry Trotz? Would be really good with him....someone start the rumor in NY, let's see if we can make it happen!!! :)

They had their shot at getting Trotz but got their vowel placement mixed up and hired Torts instead lol. 

• Haha 3

It really seems like Babcock’s schtick has worn thin around the league, but I guess retreads always show up.

Even if he was meeting with the owner, it could just be a little advice/consulting with a guy that happened to already be in town.

I mean the owner apparently has lunch and runs everything by Courtnall already, why not someone else.

Edited by Provost
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, sonoman said:

Spent a few years in Saskatoon.  Nicest prairie city to live in.  Hated the weather extremes.  Grew up on the island. 

Paris of the Prairies, as they say. There are about 4 weeks of awesome weather, but I do not miss those winters. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

It really seems like Babcock’s schtick has worn thin around the league, but I guess retreads always show up.

Even if he was meeting with the owner, it could just be a little advice/consulting with a guy that happened to already be in town.

I mean the owner apparently has lunch and runs everything by Courtnall already, why not someone else.

I do believe that people can learn and grow professionally and as people. If he's learned his lesson he's got a lot of knowledge to pass on.

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its not real until he rents a plane with "hire Bab's" on it 

Gonna need a post from someone at a Thunderbirds game holding a "hire Babs" sign

Or even a selfie with him

Just now, Darius said:

now if it were uncle laleet I would  be sure it was going down!

He ain't no Tiger Singh

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

If we are serious about replacing Green (something is going to happen), then I think we need a strong presence on the bench, someone like a Babcock. He's made some mistakes in past, but he's also gotten good results in Detroit working with a wide range of talent. Need someone who can pull guys on board and have them all pulling the same way.

Right now, this team has no identity. As Miller says in the Drance twitter post, "We don't know what we're doing"

Edited by Roger Neilsons Towel
Embedded tweet