The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Mike Babcock in town to meet with Aquilini family...

Rate this topic

N4ZZY

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I'm guessing he has grown. Being humbled does that to a guy. Also, the realization that if he doesn't grow as a coach and change a few things, he may never coach in the NHL again. I'd take Babcock in a heartbeat. Instant credibility. 

I think if he demonstrates that he's learned from his previous times with Detroit and Toronto, then and only then he could be a good candidate to replace Green. 

19 minutes ago, tas said:

Lets see who he is today before passing judgment.

I think this is key in your thought. 

If he's learned from his mistakes and has grown as a coach and as a person, then he deserves a second chance to prove that. 

If he hasn't, then he can remain coaching the U of Saskatchewan team. 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think if he demonstrates that he's learned from his previous times with Detroit and Toronto, then and only then he could be a good candidate to replace Green. 

Fair enough. Thing is, available, veteran coaches are few and far between. He's an egomaniac, but I think this team could use that. 

Edited by rekker

Just now, rekker said:

Fair enough. Thing is veteran coaches are few and far between. He's an egomaniac, but I think this team could use that. 

There are a few around still. Boudreau is also a veteran coach, and he could be a good fit with this team as well. 

I think this is key in your thought. 

If he's learned from his mistakes and has grown as a coach and as a person, then he deserves a second chance to prove that. 

If he hasn't, then he can remain coaching the U of Saskatchewan team. 

I'm not judging one way or the other, I'm just saying I'd be surprised if the canucks touched it with a 10 foot pole.

Just now, tas said:

I'm not judging one way or the other, I'm just saying I'd be surprised if the canucks touched it with a 10 foot pole.

Yeah, I'd be surprised as well. 

I think Boudreau is probably a better candidate than Babcock. 

Bruce can coach high octane offense, he just can't seem to win in the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

There are a few around still. Boudreau is also a veteran coach, and he could be a good fit with this team as well. 

boudreau is a guy known for levity. he's likely exactly what this group needs currently. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I'm not sure there's room. CDC is basically slow cooking in the duck fat of negativity right now. Something really has to give. 

A firing needs to happen, so we can talk about that

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Boudreau, Julien, or even Tortorella would be decent fits with this roster. 

Eh, I wouldn't go back to Torts. We tried that before. 

I'd give a shot to Boudreau or Julien. Julien is more defensive minded isn't he? Wouldn't that be the same ilk as Green? 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Just having fun with it. Why not?  The Canucks are miserable right now, sad sack of a team. Got to try and make the best of it with rumours and ideas. If only Aqualini put in this much effort to try and fix the team. 

Gotta talk about something different than the same old $&!# we've been talking about for days and weeks now. 

• Cheers 1