The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

32 Thoughts: Canucks slowly moving towards inevitable changes

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

1 hour ago, Westcoasting said:

I’m kinda amazed nothing happened today!

Why? What on earth has given you any reason to believe that there will be a management and/or coaching shakeup? Since the Aquilinis have owned the team, no coach or GM has been fired during a season. Unless there is some dark horse GM candidate or a coach coming out of the woodwork mid-season, nothing will happen until April. I would dearly love to be wrong about that, but Francesco is pretty predictable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Why? What on earth has given you any reason to believe that there will be a management and/or coaching shakeup? Since the Aquilinis have owned the team, no coach or GM has been fired during a season. Unless there is some dark horse GM candidate or a coach coming out of the woodwork mid-season, nothing will happen until April. I would dearly love to be wrong about that, but Francesco is pretty predictable.

A mid season change hasn't happened in the last 2 regimes but what about in franchise history ...

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I guess because there has never been a tire fire like this before is why I think that way, I just can’t imagine this will go much longer as is.

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

If we end up going full rebuild, if the core wants out, I wouldn't mind a shot at Bedard either.

Bedard and wright would get us as close to mcjesus and drai as possible.  

Id be happy for just 1 of them.  

Im not keen on shipping everyone out.  Keep hogz, petey, oel, boho, garland and keep building from within through the draft.

7 minutes ago, DSVII said:

If we end up going full rebuild, if the core wants out, I wouldn't mind a shot at Bedard either.

Bedard has been terrible so far this year.  He might be a bustaroo bonsai.  What about that Russian kid in ‘23?  Michkov?  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Not really. Our fan base cheered for Calgary in 04 and Edm in 06. But those jerk offs in Alberta or Toronto weren't cheering for us at all in 2011. So now I'd rather see Arizona win a cup than an Alberta team 

I sure didn't. 

NHL - Carolina Hurricanes coach Rod Brind'Amour on owner Tom Dundon,  reaching players, winning Stanley Cup again

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 2

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

meh, **** them all (except for the Canucks of course).  Though I won't cheer *for* a team (that aren't the Canucks), that doesn't mean I won't cheer *against* a team that aren't the Canucks)

Damn rights. I have hated the Flames almost as long as I have been a Canucks fan. Like I am going to cheer for them ever. 

I don't like any other Canadian team. Hell I despise most of them. Winnipeg is the only one I can remotely cheer for. Even then I'd love to see them lose in the finals vs. everyone but Boston. 

I knew Rod via his family back when he won and he brought the cup to my home town. That was an incredible day. I am actually watching Canes games this season so I can enjoy some hockey. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I was just thinking about Tampa Bay.

Basically their core was formed between 2008-12.

Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov, Vasilevskiy.

Cirelli was 2015

Drouin was traded for Sergachev and a second. 

So realistically speaking. It took them about 8-9 years from the Stamkos draft to lose in the Conference Finals.

Then they lost in the first round the year after that.

Then they won two cups in a row. 

So everyone understands. If the team is dead serious of being a cup contender. It's going to take another 5-7 years to get good in the playoffs, and it might be a full

decade if we "Blow it up".

And that's with Yzerman and BriseBois running the show. 

I'm just saying, be careful what you wish for. 

In this case you are also relying on having the best scouting in the league.

Kucherov 58

Cirelli 72

Point 79

Gourde undrafted

Palat 208

even Andrei Vasilievskiy at 19 is ridiculous.

Good luck ever winning with the "Tampa model"