The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Adam Gaudette

55 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

So because Craig Button and his perm liked him, now he's a bust because he was waived? Sure thing!

The guy was a 5th round pick, how can a 5th round pick be a bust? To be a bust you need SUPER high expectations and then fail. How many 5th rounders in any sport come with high expectations? 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/265645/kirill-kaprizov

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/234046/troy-terry

I wish we drafted one of these in the 5th round haha 

Could see him getting picked up by a team missing an offensive forward like Florida (Duclair, Barkov), CBJ (Laine), NJD (Hughes), San Jose (Dahlen), Vegas (Karlsson) and giving him a tryout. I don't think Benning would claim him back after trading him in weird way, but with his right-handedness and familiarity with the team, it could happen.

1 hour ago, Drop Em said:

So because Craig Button and his perm liked him, now he's a bust because he was waived? Sure thing!

The guy was a 5th round pick, how can a 5th round pick be a bust? To be a bust you need SUPER high expectations and then fail. How many 5th rounders in any sport come with high expectations? 

A 5th round pick that went on to win the Hobey Baker. That's where the high expectations really came from. Late bloomer, gonna be a star! At best I'm guardedly optimistic about picks. Then again look at the panic here over trading 5th rounder Forsling for a guy with AHL success. A meltdown. Many here seem to think every player we draft will be a star. Shinkaruk was our future first line winger after all. Remember that one? A whole 15 NHL games played. The bottom line is every player signed by a team either makes it or is a bust. Gaudette is looking like a bust.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Could see him getting picked up by a team missing an offensive forward like Florida (Duclair, Barkov), CBJ (Laine), NJD (Hughes), San Jose (Dahlen), Vegas (Karlsson) and giving him a tryout. I don't think Benning would claim him back after trading him in weird way, but with his right-handedness and familiarity with the team, it could happen.

Florida is 2nd overall in the east. They have better water boys than Gaudette.A bottom feeder may claim him, but then again, Chicago is among the bottom feeders. What does that tell you?

9 hours ago, AK_19 said:

It's too bad Gaudette couldn't add to his repertoire the ability to PK and improve his faceoff. He was considered a good two way player in the NCAA. I don't know what it is with this team and its inability to develop quality PKers. We've had to essentially outsource all of our PK talent through UFAs and trade. The last player we developed internally was perhaps Motte. 

I think the problem largely lies with Green and his systems (and/or Baumgartner). He was the AHL AND NHL coach for much of this current 'era' of the Canucks. And look at how poorly our PK has become with coach Green and his vastly improved roster.

12 hours ago, Miller9 said:

This is the type of coaching decisions I don't understand, and why Green is going to be gone. Chiasson is a cast off, but Green "knows what he gets" so he gives him a spot, this is not trying to win, its trying to make sure you keep your job by not 'losing'....which causes you not to win. Lammikko, this guy does nothing.

Meanwhile, we let Gadj and Mckewan go to make room for these scrubs and others. Why? Would a 4th line of Gadj 4C Mckewan be that bad? Hell no, in fact it may have given our team some bloody guts, and a bit of an identity. Instead we have small guys who just skate around and do nothing, but the coach trusts them....and guess what, we're worse than ever! 

I am not saying Gadj and Mckewan would have changed our fortunes but I bet they'd have a bigger impact than those idiots Green kept and of course they are young and can still develop. At least they bring "something" to the team vs being ghosts.

I agree. Travis Green seems to love his PTO guys over young guys that might be a little raw, but still have room to grow. Look at Brad Hunt, hes been awful everytime he's suited up. Im pretty sure Juolevi wouldve been just as good if not better. The management team is comprised of a bunch of baffoons. Never did I think in a span of 3-4 months, we'd lose 3 top 10 prospects in our organization and was replaced by useless plugs like Chiasson, Dowling, Lammikko and Hunt

• Cheers 1

Claim him. Why not. 

This season’s such a wash. But Gaudette couldn’t be worse than Lammikko right? We need centre depth, and we need a centre that is right handed, which we have none of. 

If he sucks ass, just waive him again lol

and maybe Chicago claims him back hahahaha

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Claim him. Why not. 

This season’s such a wash. But Gaudette couldn’t be worse than Lammikko right? We need centre depth, and we need a centre that is right handed, which we have none of. 

If he sucks ass, just waive him again lol

and maybe Chicago claims him back hahahaha

if AG was as good as Lammikko he wouldn't have been waived.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

That's true. Though with that being said, I could see Lammikko being waived. He hasn't been that great either. 

I haven't looked up the fancy stats, but I kind of like him with Motte, they seem to compliment each other. But Lammikko would be better fit as a 4th line winger not a C.