The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sharks GM Doug Wilson taking temporary medical leave

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Get well sir.

The Erik karlsson max contract isn't exactly looking very good. Max contracts to players on their second major deal are stupid.

So Canucks should walk or trade Miller, Horvat, Pettersson etc when they need new contracts? I agree with the first part, give EK his current deal was a big mistake...Wilson didn't want him to walk and see those assets he gave up be gone tho so he caved and gave a guy a contract he deserved about half of! Every GM makes mistakes!!

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

So Canucks should walk or trade Miller, Horvat, Pettersson etc when they need new contracts? I agree with the first part, give EK his current deal was a big mistake...Wilson didn't want him to walk and see those assets he gave up be gone tho so he caved and gave a guy a contract he deserved about half of! Every GM makes mistakes!!

It depends on a few things. Its always high risk to sign defensman to term. Especially when they are 30+. The Canucks have dodged a couple of these bullets. Ohlund and Erhoff. I guess if he didn't pay it, someone else would have. So he had to do it. It must have sounded like a good idea at the time hockey wise. Having Burns and Karlsson.

If any of the players you mentioned are 30 and want an 8 year contract , I'd be nervous.