The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aquilini’s pride is getting in the way of change.

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

Change is coming.  But it takes time.

You have to do your due diligence when firing management and coaches. It's a huge commitment.  This season is already a wash anyways, may as well let these guys finish the season and hire new guys in the summer for a fresh start. A new coach and manager isnt going to help this team make the playoffs this season.

• Wat 1

35 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think it’s safe to say that the reason there is no change is because Aquilini’s pride is getting in the way. If he makes changes he concedes that he made mistakes and rushed the process to get playoff revenue rather than do a slow and needed rebuild. A proper one. I think he knows what everyone is saying and that he would rather lose than admit he was wrong. It has to be. It makes no sense why he is just letting the  losing to continue and not make any changes. No other healthy organization would let losing be acceptable. He needs to hire a hockey ops, a new gm and then stay away from any hockey decisions. He knows nothing about building a great team. It’s clear by now. I just think it’s his pride that really is getting in the way. He wants show everyone he’s smart and was right about rushing the process but it’s the exact opposite at this point. He looks foolish.

No $&!#!  

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

You are forgetting it's a brand. It's the entertainment business.  People are loyal to hockey here , but it's not a bottomless well. Sure , the die hards will still watch in some capacity,  but u can't be seen doing nothing for the entire year for health of ur brand. Especially when this was hyped ad the reward for all our patients.  

" Riding out the year" won't fly without long term consiquences this time. Not only will it damage the young teams psyche, it will be very difficult to get the bulk of ur fan base emotionally invested . 

This is not a play station game 

Only a complete and utter fool makes change without showing smart and a winners patience.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 3

Francesco Aquilini = Mayor of Loserville

Making the Canucks irrelevant since 2015.

Had been a Canucks fan since moving to Vancouver in 1989.  First time ever that I don't know what the Canucks schedule is like on a night-to-night basis.  This is the exact same feeling I had just before going through divorce from my first wife - numb and apathetic.  Hard to believe I have no feelings for something that I loved so much for so long.  At least, unlike my split with my first wife, I don't have to give up half my stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

He's too rich to have shame.

Whenever he does decide to pull the trigger, he'll figure out a way to blame it on everyone else and just move forward like nothing happened.

Hes in a $&!# ton of debt. Esp with what his family owes to the men in the old country. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Only a complete and utter fool makes change without showing smart and a winners patience.  

You're totally right Alf but what I fear is that we're dealing with people who don't have that patience. 

Well, we're not really dealing with them but we're watching them make a hash of things

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

You are forgetting it's a brand. It's the entertainment business.  People are loyal to hockey here , but it's not a bottomless well. Sure , the die hards will still watch in some capacity,  but u can't be seen doing nothing for the entire year for health of ur brand. Especially when this was hyped as a  reward season for all our patients.  

" Riding out the year" won't fly without long term consiquences this time. Not only will it damage the young teams psyche, it will be very difficult to get the bulk of ur fan base emotionally invested again. 

This is not a play station game 

We got patients?! 

• Haha 4