The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You know Canucks hockey has become toxic when...

Rate this topic

Dazzle

Folks should go look at the entire thread, it isn't what it seems like one tweet out of context.

Sekeres was bemoaning the fact that Sportsnet has decided to cut costs by broadcasting coverage mostly from Toronto and not even having the reporters come out to attend games.  How can they have any useful insight when they aren't within a thousand miles of the team.

The Toronto-centric approach is something we all complain about.  I am super glad I don't have to listen to Sekeres anymore but in this case he is actually arguing on our behalf for better coverage... not having a personal fight with MacIntyre.

I mostly stopped watching TSN due to the Toronto only nature of it.  Sportsnet started doing great regional programming, then they slowly got rid of it and became a Toronto channel as well.

I long for the days of Sportspage when the guys were actual reporters who were plugged into the local sports scene including high school/college... and not just some talking heads who read stuff online and regurgitate talking points from Ontario.

The thread from Sportsnet basically says, suck it out West... this is the way the future is.  20 guys covering the Leafs at the expense of anyone coverinng other teams.

Edited by Provost

17 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

And sickening how many Esteemed CDCers jump all over it as truth and started spewing toxic  garbage posts with no fact to be found. I guess no need to quote them, way to many and YOU all know who you are.

Is there really not a potentially toxic exchange going on? I am confused because my original post believes that the two have had a misunderstanding with each other. We can read what the words say. And because of that, we can see what eventually led to Imac's response.

You're overreacting.

18 minutes ago, Ajax- said:

And sickening how many Esteemed CDCers jump all over it as truth and started spewing toxic  garbage posts with no fact to be found. I guess no need to quote them, way to many and YOU all know who you are.

image.jpeg.22442ba26435fa042c3c56ad578b9bc7.jpeg

Live look at Ajax 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Is there really not a potentially toxic exchange going on? I am confused because my original post believes that the two have had a misunderstanding with each other. We can read what the words say. And because of that, we can see what eventually led to Imac's response.

You're overreacting.

“Players obviously will hear things that come out in the media,” Green said. “And I think with our market, sometimes you hear things that are flat out not true. And we've heard a lot of things lately that are going on inside our locker room that are fabricated. They're made up. Whoever is saying them are lies. We've got a close group in there.

"There was something about Horvat and Miller yesterday, which is ridiculous. These two guys sit in the room (next to each other). They're good friends. They get along, they care for each other. There's zero rift at all between anyone of our team. They're a close-knit team. They want to win. They don't like losing.”

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

You're overreacting.

Who's overreacting? 

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Glad iMac put him in his place. 

iMac’s one of the brighter spots of all media here.

I agree. IMAC is a consumate professional and his opinions and views are respected by major media outlets and knowledge fans alike. Sekeres is a whinny little teenager in his moms basement trying to antagonise people on social media platforms by making up the biggest lies and stirring up pointless crap. No one with any credibility has any respect for him.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Folks should go look at the entire thread, it isn't what it seems like one tweet out of context.

Sekeres was bemoaning the fact that Sportsnet has decided to cut costs by broadcasting coverage mostly from Toronto and not even having the reporters come out to attend games.  How can they have any useful insight when they aren't within a thousand miles of the team.

The Toronto-centric approach is something we all complain about.  I am super glad I don't have to listen to Sekeres anymore but in this case he is actually arguing on our behalf for better coverage... not having a personal fight with MacIntyre.

I mostly stopped watching TSN due to the Toronto only nature of it.  Sportsnet started doing great regional programming, then they slowly got rid of it and became a Toronto channel as well.

I long for the days of Sportspage when the guys were actual reporters who were plugged into the local sports scene including high school/college... and not just some talking heads who read stuff online and regurgitate talking points from Ontario.

The thread from Sportsnet basically says, suck it out West... this is the way the future is.  20 guys covering the Leafs at the expense of anyone coverinng other teams.

I watch Donny and shall (?) For this reason

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JM_ said:

"diarist" is a pretty big insult tho, he's basically saying Iain is a paid puppet. Add to that they just cleaned up Sekeres lies about the locker room.

Sekeres is definitely a douche bag but there's no doubt iMac is a bootlicker.

He's been Benning/Aqua's PR man since Benning got the job. I'm not saying he's a "bad guy" or anything because I don't know him personally but an unbiased reporter, he is not.

That said, iMac definitely dunked on Sekeres here lol.

10 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Sekeres is definitely a douche bag but there's no doubt iMac is a bootlicker.

He's been Benning/Aqua's PR man since Benning got the job. I'm not saying he's a "bad guy" or anything because I don't know him personally but an unbiased reporter, he is not.

That said, iMac definitely dunked on Sekeres here lol.

I don't think iMac is Benning's shill, he just doesn't go negative. Considering how much of that we get maybe its not bad to have one of those in the mix. I don't find him particularly insightful either, tho.

I'm glad someone put MS in his place tho, much needed. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I don't think iMac is Benning's shill, he just doesn't go negative.

I guess, but that's pretty much him indirectly doing what I'm accusing him of. :P

If 90% of Benning's time here has been negative, and he doesn't go negative ever, it comes off as PR/damage control.

I'm always accused of being biased here because I allegedly never say anything positive about the team (not true, but people see what they want to see). So it should go both ways.

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Provost said:

I am super glad I don't have to listen to Sekeres anymore but in this case he is actually arguing on our behalf for better coverage... not having a personal fight with MacIntyre.