The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

You know Canucks hockey has become toxic when...

Rate this topic

Dazzle

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

If someone references you in public, like I did, you reacted, yes? You could've just not replied to me.

See how unreasonable you sound?

Let me rephrase, he could of responded to the remarks at hand, he didn’t have to make it personal and unrelated to the subject matter…. Am I wrong?? 

3 minutes ago, CarbonNaded said:

Let me rephrase, he could of responded to the remarks at hand, he didn’t have to make it personal and unrelated to the subject matter…. Am I wrong?? 

And that's why I thought there was some kind of misunderstanding between the two of them to begin with. You talk about drama, but what about the dude who called someone a 'diarist'?

If someone said you are cozy with your boss, while talking about how unfair it was for people to do their job, is this an unreasonable thing to ask in public rather than doing it in public?

Seems like you're condoning one action, but also smiting the reaction.

10 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

And that's why I thought there was some kind of misunderstanding between the two of them to begin with. You talk about drama, but what about the dude who called someone a 'diarist'?

If someone said you are cozy with your boss, while talking about how unfair it was for people to do their job, is this an unreasonable thing to ask in public rather than doing it in public?

I don’t see anything wrong with Sekeras comments. He’s not wrong, iMac made it personal…facts don’t lie lol but hey man you use to be good at your job…..

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Ya I mean a diarist ( a person who writes a diary ) is sooooo insulting lol like how dare Sekeras say such a horrible thing ( that is true ) such a terrible guy oh nooo

14 minutes ago, CarbonNaded said:

Ya I mean a diarist ( a person who writes a diary ) is sooooo insulting lol like how dare Sekeras say such a horrible thing ( that is true ) such a terrible guy oh nooo

A Canucks diarist could be interpreted as one who is in charge of writing propaganda for a team (aka, part of the 'yes' men). Why should Sekeres care that Imac is not able to do HIS job when Imac has a Toronto studio?

Friendship?

Then you have to understand that Sekeres had 'leaked' out a story that Hughes was on IV, before being discredited.

Imac lamented that Sekeres was once a "serious journalist". That is a statement that speaks VOLUMES about what Imac thinks of Sekeres (that he's not a serious journalist).

You add the pieces together and you'll realize that Sekeres attempts to stir up stories for a living.

2 hours ago, CarbonNaded said:

What is wrong with what Sekeras said? He went on saying that to put them up in hotels and travel to Toronto isn’t cheap and most likely no different then going to Columbus, he said doesn’t Rogers have studios in Vancouver lol Sekeras made some great points and when he tweeted that out IMac never even answered the question….If IMac wasn’t drama too he wouldn’t of responded at all…. 

It is definitely true that it was iMac who was the drama queen on this particular one.

Sekeres was having a Twitter conversation with a Sportsnet producer about them literally flying Vancouver reporters to Toronto to cover games instead of actually being with the team.

iMac, who is also a bad reporter got his panties in a knot.

It is really funny seeing people defend Vancouver losing local sports coverage just because they don’t like Sekeres.  They will get the coverage they deserve I guess.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

It is definitely true that it was iMac who was the drama queen on this particular one.

Sekeres was having a Twitter conversation with a Sportsnet producer about them literally flying Vancouver reporters to Toronto to cover games instead of actually being with the team.

iMac, who is also a bad reporter got his panties in a knot.

It is really funny seeing people defend Vancouver losing local sports coverage just because they don’t like Sekeres.  They will get the coverage they deserve I guess.

Found the Sekeres defender, despite claiming not to like Sekeres earlier.

I base my observations on reputation. Sekeres has none, given his refuted reports of Hughes in IV, as well as the dubious claims of Horvat/Miller hating each other.

If reputation means nothing to you, then by all means, believe what you read.

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

56 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I base my observations on reputation. Sekeres has none, given his refuted reports of Hughes in IV, as well as the dubious claims of Horvat/Miller hating each other.

I could care less about either one of them, in reality this team is so horribly run, coached and owned what else is their to talk about besides constant losing lol 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Well then you are a fool.

You want to ignore what was actually said and want to suck up to Toronto and throw the entire Vancouver fan base under the bus because you didn’t like the source.

Maybe I just like the Canucks and don’t love the Leafs as much as you do.

Have fun watching wall to wall coverage about what Toronto’s 3rd string goalie had for lunch (including toilet cam for “post game” coverage) on all the sports news.

You should go back to your own team’s fan page instead of trolling here.

Edited by Provost
  • Haha 1

Just now, Provost said:

Well then you are a fool.

You want to ignore what was actually said because you didn’t like the source.

Maybe I just like the Canucks and don’t love the Leafs as much as you do.

Have fun watching wall to wall coverage about what Toronto’s 3rd string goalie had for lunch (including toilet cam for “post game” coverage) on all the sports news.

You should go back to your own team’s fan page instead of trolling here.

Classic. I'm suddenly a Leafs fan because you don't care about addressing my points. Love it.

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

It is really funny seeing people defend Vancouver losing local sports coverage just because they don’t like Sekeres.  

Many in this market are partial to iMac because he has been pouring the kool-aid that they've been guzzling for 8 years.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Many in this market are partial to iMac because he has been pouring the kool-aid that they've been guzzling for 8 years.

Yep… Sekeres is bad too.  The only show I listen to now is Donnie and Dhali.

If is just pathetic to see folks defending Sportsnet getting rid of even another layer of regional content.

• Cheers 1

Ironic the Sekeres is bemoaning iMac for working for sportsnet/Rogers, when the whole reason Matt even works in Vancouver is because TSN (owned by the other massive, telecommunication, Ontario-based, media conglomerate: Bell) transplanted him here from back east to report on the Canucks. If it wasn’t for the fact that TSN shut down their station, he would STILL be working them! 

meanwhile, iMac is one of the most senior beat writers following the Canucks right now, and spent most of his career working for the Vancouver Sun, a LOCAL PAPER. iMac has far more credibility as a local media member than Sekeres does. 

just because iMac and Sekeres have different opinions, perspectives, relationships, and ideals when it comes to the Canucks, doesn’t mean that one of them must be superior to the other. Mind boggling that Sekeres doesn’t get this

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/29/2021 at 2:38 AM, Dazzle said:

You have been an Green/Benning defender on this forum and now you stand firmly against those two.

I don’t think you should complain about Sekeres reputation. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1