The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't Expect Big Changes Anytime Soon ( Article).

Rate this topic

cuporbust

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

I remember this board years ago when McTavish was hinted as a Canuck replacement coach. Then Dallas Eakin was a hot commodity a year or so later. Well both of them crashed and burned with the Coilers, and all of their high draft picks. So, let's be careful what we wish for. I still believe that Green is a good coach, but when I see mostly veterans on the team making mental errors it makes me wonder if something else is going on? Long hauler issues are what I've suspected since the season began. I don't believe Sutter is the only one suffering.

Remember the Flamers last year? Fans wanted the GM fired, Johnny Hockey and Monahan traded. Now everyone is a hero and Sutter is genius. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol shaw's defense and PK last year with columbus was atrocious... they rather give an interview for the head coach to the assistant coach that runs the offense than even give him an interview opportunity before letting him go.. so far the PK is worse in the league sure baumgartner is in charge but Shaw has input also.. so no thx to shaw running the team. 

Shaw claims he is the associate coach, without the title, so he has MORE input that Baum

Edited by ba;;isticsports

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

I remember this board years ago when McTavish was hinted as a Canuck replacement coach. Then Dallas Eakin was a hot commodity a year or so later. Well both of them crashed and burned with the Coilers, and all of their high draft picks. So, let's be careful what we wish for. I still believe that Green is a good coach, but when I see mostly veterans on the team making mental errors it makes me wonder if something else is going on? Long hauler issues are what I've suspected since the season began. I don't believe Sutter is the only one suffering.

Yeah and we got Willie for three wasted seasons instead.:(

2 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Its definitely not long hauler issues. Our worst underperformers didnt even get covid:
- Pettersson

- Boeser

Our best performers are actually the ones who had covid:
- Demko
- Horvat
- Hoglander
- Edler (now playing top pairing minutes for LA and on pace for 4x his Vancouver production)
- Schmidt (having a career season)
- Boyd (on pace for 25 goals LMAOOO)
- Holtby (killing it this year)

For people that have made a billion dollars off being shrewd businessmen, it's really surprising how poor the owners are in making actual business moves. 

There needs to be at least some change. Any type of change. If not any bold change, promote one of the coaches you have employed as the head coach as an interim for now. You'd at least be saving money that way.

If you're really frugal with your money to even do that, just sell the damn team. 

2 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Well the Habs cleaned house, and took Gorton.

And we'll just continue to take our time.

Not like there isn’t 20 others candidates out there.  There’s plenty of solid AGM just waiting for a call.

in fact teams might be more incline to let them go now rather than in February or May/April before the deadline/draft.

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

Not like there isn’t 20 others candidates out there.  There’s plenty of solid AGM just waiting for a call.

in fact teams might be more incline to let them go now rather than in February or May/April before the deadline/draft.

Bring Gilman back, but as the GM this time?  

32 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Oh I wasn't pushing for Gorton, he was just someone available who has had success. My post was more about the issue of us taking our time on deciding.. the decision should already be made.

Who we get to replace the positions let go is a different story, and doesn't need to be made before changes are made. Interims can be place holders, and allows a thorough search to be conducted. Don't want to be asking teams to interview their guys mid-season while still having our current coach and possibly GM in those positions.. pretty bad practice.

Ownership may not be in a hurry to make changes but that's OK, I'm not in a hurry to.purchase Canucks merchandise or spend any money on this team either.

I will cheer them on through my TV and all other things that can be done for free but they are not getting any more of my moneey until change happens.

12 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Remember the Flamers last year? Fans wanted the GM fired, Johnny Hockey and Monahan traded. Now everyone is a hero and Sutter is genius. 

Thats because they changed the coach. Sutter came in and performed an exorcism.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:55 AM, King Heffy said:

Eh, personally I'd prefer turfing Green, Baumer, and King, and at least removing the cancer from the organization.  We're better off without a coach at all than allowing those incompetent clowns to continue to destroy the team.

Soon you want to raise a statue over your hero Loui as he was the one identifying the cancer. :bigblush:

On 11/28/2021 at 1:42 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD BENNING BE ALLOWED TO HIRE OUR NEXT COACH!   NO WAY!

The two coaches he hired was AHL and one is promotion from within.   The other Willie Desjardin was also an AHL however, I think that he was Linden'[[s hire. I'm sure he wanted an experienced hire, not Desjardin.   If it is true, then the ownership should give him one more chance on hiring.  If he waited too long, let's say, off-season then yes, he should be gone.  At least I feel that Benning should be given a chance to keep his  job with stellar 2nd half of the season with a new coach.  The playoffs is out of reach at this point anyways. He did his part in the off-season but the coach hadn't adapt to those changes with much better roster.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 11/28/2021 at 12:54 PM, eeeeergh said:

Its definitely not long hauler issues. Our worst underperformers didnt even get covid:
- Pettersson

- Boeser

Our best performers are actually the ones who had covid:
- Demko
- Horvat
- Hoglander
- Edler (now playing top pairing minutes for LA and on pace for 4x his Vancouver production)
- Schmidt (having a career season)
- Boyd (on pace for 25 goals LMAOOO)
- Holtby (killing it this year)

This is why i think Green should have been gone 15 games ago. It's something about his systems that is just dragging everyone down 

• Cheers 1