The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

Really though

His teammates don't want him, his organization doesn't want him

Career year or not, I certainly don't want him 

https://theathletic.com/news/several-sharks-teammates-dont-want-evander-kane-back-on-the-team-sources/1ffGCFrGpnx3/

Not that we'd have the cap space anyway

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Logan Shaw listed as a RW/C, anyone know what site is best to easily find faceoff stats?

We didn't take Bastian doubt Shaw is considered...

Coach Green has his pet player like Willie D...its PTO Chiasson!!!

Yeah he's legit on FO, at 51.4% so far this season! Right shot, good size but doesn't really fight though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would have originally been onboard with Evander but given where we are in the standings, combined with rumors of a lockerroom rift, I’m going to go ahead and say no to Kane.  It’s a shame to because personality aside, he’s exactly what this team needs from a hockey skills perspective.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

He is some of what we need but sooooo much baggage. If it was 1 or 2 years left and we could ditch that Dickenson contract in a straight swap with the 50% retained I'd have to consider it. However, it is 4 years at a 3.5m hit (with retention).  

Hard No GIF | Gfycat

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

He is some of what we need but sooooo much baggage. If it was 1 or 2 years left and we could ditch that Dickenson contract in a straight swap with the 50% retained I'd have to consider it. However, it is 4 years at a 3.5m hit (with retention).  

Hard No GIF | Gfycat

I was thinking Pearson straight across for him and a pick coming back for a sweetener.

But again you just can’t ignore this guys character issues. He’s been hated by his own teammates everywhere he’s gone. If he hasn’t changed now he’s not going to.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3