The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Yes. Whats the worst that can happen ? See if he will accept voluntary house arrest. Give him an ankle bracelet.

Maybe being close to home and being with his parents might help him…I’m all for a feel good story. But this guy just seems like he’s constantly into something…never learns. But wow, can’t believe I’d say this cause I have never ever wanted him near this team…we need a sand paper scoring winger so desperately that I can actually see THIS team this year going for it…yikes, slap me

46 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I can actually see him just laying low and playing the game this time. Why? He needs the &^@#ing money. He'll only be 33 at the end of his deal and I don't doubt he wants another contract.  That said just like how he lost all his money,,,it's a gamble....

But Pearson + pick or Dickenson + pick...tempting. I doubt they trade Bo's guy although I would. 

what about Poolman (2.5) + Chiasson (.750)? that gets us there with a bit of LTIR use.

As much as Dickie has struggled, we can't even afford to lose him down the middle.

edit: should say i don't want him here, just thats the deal I'd want to see, not losing Dickie or Pearson.

Edited by JM_

38 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I can actually see him just laying low and playing the game this time. Why? He needs the &^@#ing money. He'll only be 33 at the end of his deal and I don't doubt he wants another contract.  That said just like how he lost all his money,,,it's a gamble....

But Pearson + pick or Dickenson + pick...tempting. I doubt they trade Bo's guy although I would. 

Im warm to the idea of fitting the whackjob in. But why would Bo have anything to do with it ?

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

If the Canucks pick up E Kane; I pick a different team to watch.

The guy is a lowlife abuser of women, and a cancer in the multiple dressing rooms he's been in.

yeah its a tough one. I like to give people chances to grow, etc. but this does seem like a huge risk. OTOH if Jim does it for meh pieces anyway maybe he'll do it just to shake things up? or maybe its Weisbrod that thinks is a good idea.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Really though

His teammates don't want him, his organization doesn't want him

Career year or not, I certainly don't want him 

https://theathletic.com/news/several-sharks-teammates-dont-want-evander-kane-back-on-the-team-sources/1ffGCFrGpnx3/

Not that we'd have the cap space anyway

Seems to be a recurring theme in his pro hockey career

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Lets remind ourselves what Doug Wilson paid for this prick. Doug Wilson gets a pass by the Canadian media. He thinks he's above critisism. Look at this. And look at regressing Brent Burns and Karllson. 16 million dollar dog line.

"We're certainly very pleased to have him," Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said. "The specific skill set he brings was something we were looking for. His speed, his scoring, his grit and youthful energy. He's 26 and he brings a lot of things to the table and his familiarity with several of our players, especially our leadership group, is real important too."

Evander Kane

Daniel O'Regan and conditional first- and fourth-round picks in the 2019 NHL Draft.

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

12 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Fortunately, we don't have the cap space to claim him. Just part of Benning's 6D checkers game to avoid players with bad character.

It would be almost salary neutral to swap Pearson (3.25M) for Kane at 50% (3.5M).

Maybe even the Sharks add a pick, given how desperate they are, and how toxic an asset Kane is right now.

(I’m not advocating for the move, just to be clear.)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It would be almost salary neutral to swap Pearson (3.25M) for Kane at 50% (3.5M).

Maybe even the Sharks add a pick, given how desperate they are, and how toxic an asset Kane is right now.

(I’m not advocating for the move, just to be clear.)

I'd be fine with Kane 50%, Poolman and Chiasson back, and we get SJS 1st. Bury Kane in Abby until if/when he shows something or burns out again.

I dunno, maybe just maybe he can be different this time and to have a player with grit that can score is a bunch of check marks Vancouver needs 

top 6 player at only 3.5 

and if it doesn’t work out it’s just another dead weight contract that Vancouver has lots of experience handling 

Edited by Filthy McNasty

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yeah its a tough one. I like to give people chances to grow, etc. but this does seem like a huge risk. OTOH if Jim does it for meh pieces anyway maybe he'll do it just to shake things up? or maybe its Weisbrod that thinks is a good idea.

I agree generally and most people are worth giving a chance to. I would absolutely have given DeAngelo a chance - him having political views that I, and most here would disagree with wouldnt be an issue. 

But Kane... its problem after problem after problem after problem. He makes us worse for sure. Its not like we really need more top 6 forwards anyway. Where we really need help is on defense.