The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane, Logan Shaw

22 minutes ago, JM_ said:

what about Poolman (2.5) + Chiasson (.750)? that gets us there with a bit of LTIR use.

As much as Dickie has struggled, we can't even afford to lose him down the middle.

edit: should say i don't want him here, just thats the deal I'd want to see, not losing Dickie or Pearson.

Get rid of Chaisson? Sign me up!!!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We don't have all that much developing in Abby. Kane would sell tickets in Abbotsford

2 seconds of though and I can list

Klimovich

De Pietro

Jet Woo

Lockwood

Keep Kane out of the entire organization.

• Cheers 3

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It would be almost salary neutral to swap Pearson (3.25M) for Kane at 50% (3.5M).

Maybe even the Sharks add a pick, given how desperate they are, and how toxic an asset Kane is right now.

(I’m not advocating for the move, just to be clear.)

.. and Kane becomes buyout optional to us if any more problems arise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I wouldn't even let him report to Abby.  You want this guy anywhere near our young, developing players?

I was thinking on paper. Let him go away, get treatment, show up at next camp and see if he's changed.

I just really want another 1st round pick this year.

14 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I agree generally and most people are worth giving a chance to. I would absolutely have given DeAngelo a chance - him having political views that I, and most here would disagree with wouldnt be an issue. 

But Kane... its problem after problem after problem after problem. He makes us worse for sure. Its not like we really need more top 6 forwards anyway. Where we really need help is on defense. 

thats why I want an extra 1st, we really need to hit a couple of home runs on C and RHD.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I was thinking on paper. Let him go away, get treatment, show up at next camp and see if he's changed.

I just really want another 1st round pick this year.

Why even let him show up for camp?  Take the first and just pay him to sit.  There's no treatment for being a pitiful excuse for a person.

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Yeah but it would only be fitting that the team who got paid to take him, would see him turn it around.

Hard no.

He could be Conner freaking McDavid and I still say hard NO!

I don't care if he was the best player that ever played the game, the guy is scum.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Why even let him show up for camp?  Take the first and just pay him to sit.  There's no treatment for being a pitiful excuse for a person.

just the 1/100,000 chance he finds jesus or whatever. I tend to forget his list of shenanigans tho... I'm reconsidering it now, maybe even for a 1st its not worth it.

My $ is on something around Kessel.