The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sabres sign Mark Jankowski

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

Damn, good on Buffalo for landing the best player in the 2012 draft at league minimum.

The messed up thing about Feaster saying that when he drafted him is that yes Jankowski had crazy good stats.... but he was playing in a highschool league :lol:  it’s not like he was ripping up major Jr or jr A or even jr B...

I thought he would have been a good stop gap here when Sutter wasn't coming back. His 5 on 5 defensive play and penalty killing are good - otherwise he kinda sucks. But given just how desperate we are for PKers he would have been a good fit other than the fact he is left handed. 

14 hours ago, Darius said:

I was gonna make fun of Feaster … but seeing where our team is now and where Benning has led them all I will say is Good luck Mark Jankowski - ex Highschool phenom 

Trouble was they didn’t wait to develop him slower,   He was a D man when scouted by the Flames I think..  they brought him into the bigs far too soon and tried to turn him into a forward.

it’s a bit of a head scratcher..  I hope MJ finds his game and confidence.

19 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I thought he would have been a good stop gap here when Sutter wasn't coming back. His 5 on 5 defensive play and penalty killing are good - otherwise he kinda sucks. But given just how desperate we are for PKers he would have been a good fit other than the fact he is left handed. 

He's too big for this team. Benning and Green prefer smallish orwards that can be pushed around easily.

20 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Trouble was they didn’t wait to develop him slower,   He was a D man when scouted by the Flames I think..  they brought him into the bigs far too soon and tried to turn him into a forward.

it’s a bit of a head scratcher..  I hope MJ finds his game and confidence.

He was a forward, massive numbers but for a Quebec High School. Also this quote aged like milk. That said, the 2012 draft was garbage. Galchenyuk is was the 2nd highest scoring player in that draft up until a few days ago. And looking at where the Flames drafted, they missed out on basically Matheson or Skjei who are nothing special, most of the other players have been cap dumps or didn't make it. 

|Jankowski is a "project" type who will need time to grow and mature. But Calgary general manager Jay Feaster went so far as to say that "in 10 years Jankowski will be viewed as the best player in the 2012 draft," per CBC Sports.

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Cheers 1