The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear New Neighbours

Rate this topic

-DLC-

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Welcome to the neighbourhood.

You're not off to a great start, since we learned you evicted the Mom and her 2 daughters (prematurely) after turning off their hot water to try to force them out.  Their lease was to November and this started early summer.  Eventually they gave up.  Because you own the unit and pleaded that you needed it to move into yourself, you won.  They got pushed out early and without a stable home and the place sat empty for 3 months until today.  Our first meeting.  

Their stuff was piled up in the common area on the grass and luckily it didn't rain that night on all their possessions as they waited for a moving crew the next day.  You'd threatened to get it out by that Friday evening or you'd toss it all.  The Mom told me she actually slept out in the parking lot to guard her things (we didn't know or we would have invited her in) and raccoons were trying to get into the boxes of food.

The stuff all went into storage until the rental board can figure this all out.

So you're cold and callous, we get it.   

Today plumes of smoke were wafting by my living room window.  Now, just yesterday there was a fire in the house across the street that had us blocked from leaving our parking lot for a few hours as firefighters shut down the street and there was no access.  So we're kind of still on edge over that.  It was tense.  I was late for an important rabbit meeting (true story, I volunteer at the shelter and was supposed to have a shift from 12:45-4:30...I finally got there at 2:00).

I immediately flung open the front door today when there was once again smoke in the air to see it was rising above the hedge from your unit...just one over from mine!  I ran in to grab my phone to call 9-1-1 and when I got back outside I saw.....that it was you and your dumbass husband, burning mail in a used plastic enamel paint bucket.  Genius.  Probably your previous tenant's mail .... which I might add is a federal crime. 

So the fumes that flooded into my home when I opened my front door to save your dumb asses from the fire I thought was a threat to you was actually just you being idiots.  Awesome.

on

When I called out to you to put out the fire...that you can't burn stuff on the porch of a partly wooden townhouse unit that's connected to others' homes, you looked perplexed.  Duh.  Huh.  WAT? 

I had to repeat myself....PUT THE DAMN FIRE OUT BEFORE YOU BURN EVERYTHING DOWN.  You did.  Reluctantly.

Then stored your (garbage) home made furnace on the side of your unit, seemingly with plans to use it again.  Maybe for the kids to roast weinies on?  Mmmm, turquoise paint.  Maybe save a step and just eat the paint.

I already hate you.

Love Deb

(This is in stark contrast to my feel good thread, but it has to happen.  I am in total disbelief at the level of stupid that exists on our planet.  And also, my throat hurts)

What kind of people do this to fellow human beings? Glad you got this out there, rant on!

• Like 2

I got to know the Mom who was thrown out...they'd just moved in a year before.  I got to know her daughter...a shy 12 year old who was always skateboarding in the parking lot.  Funny enough, our first conversation was due to the fact that I had my Canucks jersey on and she said "you like the Canucks?".  She said her favourites were the Sedins and I used to encourage her skateboarding, as she was trying new tricks and progressing/learning them.

I knew Mom had been looking for a new rental for some time....we'd chat and it was a struggle for her to find something affordable and in a short time frame.

I felt SO bad when I drove in that day to see boxes piled up along the fence, along with her daughter's white bedroom furniture with skateboarding stickers stuck on it.  I kind of had a lump in throat moment.  My friend and I (he's awesome and is the community police kind of guy who watches over everyone) took turns watching the stuff before we knew the story and Mom returned.  We were really ticked off on her behalf.  I knew I wouldn't like these people just based on this, but decided I'd give them a chance.  Ha, today told me all I needed to know.  

Some very cruel, cold hearted people out there.  And the Mom who claimed her place (rightfully so, but the way she did it was crap) claimed hardship.  Drove in today in her new BMW and her Canada Goose jacket....with stuff from the Richmond Christmas fund in her arms!  Yep.  Total winner.  Probably a Bruins' fan.

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Light a fire of your own....on a bag of dog poop outside their door. 

When I came in and grabbed the phone and ran back out to call 9-1-1 and see....the idiots in action, my daughter called and heard it play out.  My 'PUT THE FIRE OUT YOU IDIOTS"...at which point daughter said "OK, call me back".  "If you're not in jail." :towel:

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I got to know the Mom who was thrown out...they'd just moved in a year before.  I got to know her daughter...a shy 12 year old who was always skateboarding in the parking lot.  Funny enough, our first conversation was due to the fact that I had my Canucks jersey on and she said "you like the Canucks?".  She said her favourites were the Sedins and I used to encourage her skateboarding, as she was trying new tricks and progressing/learning them.

I knew Mom had been looking for a new rental for some time....we'd chat and it was a struggle for her to find something affordable and in a short time frame.

I felt SO bad when I drove in that day to see boxes piled up along the fence, along with her daughter's white bedroom furniture with skateboarding stickers stuck on it.  I kind of had a lump in throat moment.  My friend and I (he's awesome and is the community police kind of guy who watches over everyone) took turns watching the stuff before we knew the story and Mom returned.  We were really ticked off on her behalf.  I knew I wouldn't like these people just based on this, but decided I'd give them a chance.  Ha, today told me all I needed to know.  

Some very cruel, cold hearted people out there.  And the Mom who claimed her place (rightfully so, but the way she did it was crap) claimed hardship.  Drove in today in her new BMW and her Canada Goose jacket....with stuff from the Richmond Christmas fund in her arms!  Yep.  

So total scumbags....

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
58 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Welcome to the neighbourhood.

You're not off to a great start, since we learned you evicted the Mom and her 2 daughters (prematurely) after turning off their hot water to try to force them out.  Their lease was to November and this started early summer.  Eventually they gave up.  Because you own the unit and pleaded that you needed it to move into yourself, you won.  They got pushed out early and without a stable home and the place sat empty for 3 months until today.  Our first meeting.  

Their stuff was piled up in the common area on the grass and luckily it didn't rain that night on all their possessions as they waited for a moving crew the next day.  You'd threatened to get it out by that Friday evening or you'd toss it all.  The Mom told me she actually slept out in the parking lot to guard her things (we didn't know or we would have invited her in) and raccoons were trying to get into the boxes of food.

The stuff all went into storage until the rental board can figure this all out.

So you're cold and callous, we get it.   

Today plumes of smoke were wafting by my living room window.  Now, just yesterday there was a fire in the house across the street that had us blocked from leaving our parking lot for a few hours as firefighters shut down the street and there was no access.  So we're kind of still on edge over that.  It was tense.  I was late for an important rabbit meeting (true story, I volunteer at the shelter and was supposed to have a shift from 12:45-4:30...I finally got there at 2:00).

I immediately flung open the front door today when there was once again smoke in the air to see it was rising above the hedge from your unit...just one over from mine!  I ran in to grab my phone to call 9-1-1 and when I got back outside I saw.....that it was you and your dumbass husband, burning mail in a used plastic enamel paint bucket.  Genius.  Probably your previous tenant's mail .... which I might add is a federal crime. 

So the fumes that flooded into my home when I opened my front door to save your dumb asses from the fire I thought was a threat to you was actually just you being idiots.  So you're cruel and you're stupid.  Awesome.

When I called out to you to put out the fire...that you can't burn stuff on the porch of a partly wooden townhouse unit that's connected to others' homes, you looked perplexed.  Duh.  Huh.  WAT? 

I had to repeat myself....PUT THE DAMN FIRE OUT BEFORE YOU BURN EVERYTHING DOWN.  You did.  Reluctantly.

Then stored your (garbage) home made furnace on the side of your unit, seemingly with plans to use it again.  Maybe for the kids to roast weinies on?  Mmmm, turquoise paint.  Maybe save a step and just eat the paint.

I already hate you.

Love Deb

(This is in stark contrast to my feel good thread, but it has to happen.  I am in total disbelief at the level of stupidity and inhumanity that exists on our planet.  And also, my throat hurts)

Have they (the landlords) been reported?

Isn't it against the law to kick out tenants before the date of the contractual agreement is up?

If they got a lawyer to look into this or even some legal counseling, they could probably find a way to find some sort of compensation...

UBC has law students that often provide free services and might be able to provide some legal advice. 

This story just ruined my entire day. Some people are just despicable and deserve to get a well deserved a*s whooping.

I'm very sorry for that mother and her 2 children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Have they (the landlords) been reported?

Isn't it against the law to kick out tenants before the date of the contractual agreement is up?

If they got a lawyer to look into this or even some legal counseling, they could probably find a way to find some sort of compensation...

UBC has law students that often provide free services and might be able to provide some legal advice. 

This story just ruined my entire day. Some people are just despicable and deserve to get a well deserved a*s whooping.

I'm very sorry for that mother and her 2 children.

I tried to help direct her as much as possible, she was unaware of the laws to protect her.  She was following up and had "papers" and the storage was being covered by ?? a Gov't agency. (maybe social services?).  She had limited English.  She also had just started a new job and was working toward taking a course to get a better position.  I am pulling for her, it was a tough go for her here.  No one deserves to be treated like that.  I hope she does follow up. 

When they were shutting off the hot water (and admitted to it) I told her to go report it.  

I'm really curious about the mail they were burning...I bet it was hers.  I hope they get busted.

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

I tried to help direct her as much as possible, she was unaware of the laws to protect her.  She was following up and had "papers" and the storage was being covered by ?? a Gov't agency. (maybe social services?).  She had limited English.  She also had just started a new job and was working toward taking a course to get a better position.  I am pulling for her, it was a tough go for her here.  No one deserves to be treated like that.  I hope she does follow up. 

When they were shutting off the hot water (and admitted to it) I told her to go report it.  

I'm really curious about the mail they were burning...I bet it was hers.  I hope they get busted.

Thank you for sharing.

It's good to be exposing these types of heartless people.

I am shocked just how low humanity can get. No sympathy whatsoever especially near the time of what is supposed to be a season of giving and joy. 

Real life Scrooges the two of them.

• Vintage 1
On 11/29/2021 at 8:29 AM, gurn said:

A little voice in the back of my head, that I manage to mostly ignore wonders:

Should we all show up some night, anonymously and ask them to leave?

Makes me feel like jumping on a plane with a few of my biker friends-if we were allowed Covid - and coming over to say g'day to @debluvscanuckneighbours and chuck something that's not a shrimp on the Barbie. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm not surprised by anything anymore.  Yesterday in the Chicago Sun-Times there was a story about a shipping container stolen from a charity foundation's parking lot.  The container was filled with Christmas gifts for homeless children and orphanages throughout the city, in which the foundation had been accumulating for 6 months.  Now they're desperately looking for replacement gifts.

Who the hell goes to a charity to steal things.  The fact the container required a semi to haul it shows it was premeditated too.  People are sick.

• Huggy Bear 1