The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Kane, Evander @50% do we want him ?

Kane, Evander @50% would you take him ?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kane with 50% retained by the Sharks in exchange for a roster player you hate. Pearson, Dickenson, Poolman, Chassion, take your pick. Kane has a limited NTC with a 3 team list. I have to think Vancouver is on the list if he grew up here.

The Sharks paid real money for him and got 3 years out of him before it came to this. He has 3 years left.

10 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Kane with 50% retained by the Sharks in exchange for a roster player you hate. Pearson, Dickenson, Poolman, Chassion, take your pick. Kane has a limited NTC with a 3 team list. I have to think Vancouver is on the list if he grew up here.

The Sharks paid real money for him and got 3 years out of him before it came to this. He has 3 years left.

I kind of do to be honest.   Non-hockey issues aside, he's everything that we need (size, speed, skill)

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Dickinson-Pettersson-E.Kane

Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

I kind of do to be honest.   Non-hockey issues aside, he's everything that we need (size, speed, skill)

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland

You can find that player without the issues. Hard pass. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I'd want about 8 1st round picks, Id like them to take Myers, and cover the salaries of our entire top 6. Lastly, Id want a lifetime supply of dominos pizza (no restrictions). 

I'd take that and then I'd loan him to the KHL for the duration of his contract.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Horvat-Garland

Our biggest problem is our defense, not our forward group. We have plenty of talent up front, more than likely it activates at some point (probably with a new system). 

The last thing we need is to be taking risks trying to tinker with the top 6. If we're going to take a risk, we should be doing so trying to fix the defense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If we are a rebuilding team and we want a first rounder for taking on his cap hit.

Are we a rebuilding team? If not, then no way.

If we are, then trade players for picks and prospects to clear cap space and take on Kane's cap hit but bury him in the minors.