The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His agent said he is a 1C. If that is the case then the writing is on the wall. I don’t see a deal happening in Vancouver. If there are only 3-4 teams that need a 1C it could be a problem to trade him. Unless someone wants to overpay him to be a 2C. 

Morris is a tough cookie, even as far as agents go, so he nor his client BH, aren't going to acquiesce to anything that the Nux are offering if it doesn't fit THEIR agenda.

The season has started, there likely won't be a deal, and he'll likely be traded. Or worse, he'll waltz out of here for the greener pastures at season's end, but I can't see JR/PA letting that happen, it'd be asset mgmt. suicide.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

JR/PA can trade Bo any time they want to for picks and prospects, 1C or not. He'd be highly sought after by most teams. 

The issue isn't if we can trade him, its what we're willing to live with in return because its the same problem with Miller, there won't be that unicorn #1RHD on offer. 

He won’t be sought after looking for 1 C money.

But at help at the  TDL to a deep bound cup team ..??

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His agent said he is a 1C. If that is the case then the writing is on the wall. I don’t see a deal happening in Vancouver. If there are only 3-4 teams that need a 1C it could be a problem to trade him. Unless someone wants to overpay him to be a 2C. 

Man, Greed is such a nasty human trait. Just glad his true colors is being shown before we sign him for another 7-8 years. Unfortunately we have had players like him before on this club and is probably why we have had no Championship to speak of.

Some players chase a Cup and some chase the Money$$.

Edited by EdgarM
grammar

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

JR/PA can trade Bo any time they want to for picks and prospects, 1C or not. He'd be highly sought after by most teams. 

The issue isn't if we can trade him, its what we're willing to live with in return because its the same problem with Miller, there won't be that unicorn #1RHD on offer. 

Most teams don't need a 1C or even a 2C, so why would they trade for BO?

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Man, Greed is such a nasty human trait. Just glad his true colors is being shown before we sign him for another 7-8 years. Unfortunately we have had players like him before on this club and is probably why we have had no Championship to speak of.

Some players chase a Cup and some chase the Money$$.

Honestly, I don't think it is all about the money.  Ever since Miller arrived BO has been 2nd fiddle.  Miller took his game to the next level, BO didn't.  Miller was the guy they signed first, so BO is feeling neglected and disrespected.  Miller is the vocal leader of this team and BO doesn't like that.  BO feels he is a 1C and we already have 2 of them.

I think this is a case where BO has checked out and just wants to move on.  Unless the Canucks are willing to offer him over $7.5 million, I don't think there will be a deal to be made here.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Honestly, I don't think it is all about the money.  Ever since Miller arrived BO has been 2nd fiddle.  Miller took his game to the next level, BO didn't.  Miller was the guy they signed first, so BO is feeling neglected and disrespected.  Miller is the vocal leader of this team and BO doesn't like that.  BO feels he is a 1C and we already have 2 of them.

I think this is a case where BO has checked out and just wants to move on.  Unless the Canucks are willing to offer him over $7.5 million, I don't think there will be a deal to be made here.

He did look disinterested last night. It was really disappointing.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Morris is a tough cookie, even as far as agents go, so he nor his client BH, aren't going to acquiesce to anything that the Nux are offering if it doesn't fit THEIR agenda.

The season has started, there likely won't be a deal, and he'll likely be traded. Or worse, he'll waltz out of here for the greener pastures at season's end, but I can't see JR/PA letting that happen, it'd be asset mgmt. suicide.

The negotiations were tough on his last contract with Benning who is an easy going guy, just imagine how they are going with JR?  I think at this point JR has put his best deal on the table and is waiting for BO to make his move just like Miller did.  If that doesn't happen which in my opinion it won't, then he is a goner...

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This totally makes sense. The way he played last night, supports this notion. I think there has been tension between them for awhile and this(Miller signing) might have been the straw that broke the camels back.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

who can live on a poultry 6mil a year? i don't think is more than a 6.750 mil player.  contracts are all getting out of control.

I agree, most of us will never make what they can make in 1 year in our Entire Life Time! I would be ecstatic to be paid 1 million dollars a year to play a sport. 

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm pretty sure he will be gone before Christmas Sam, no way they are going to allow this distraction to last until the TDL...

Well, he is the rub....................

Last year we never recovered enough from the first 10 games, and you are thinking Christmas..................hmmmm???????????????

Can we risk it being that long?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The negotiations were tough on his last contract with Benning who is an easy going guy, just imagine how they are going with JR?  I think at this point JR has put his best deal on the table and is waiting for BO to make his move just like Miller did.  If that doesn't happen which in my opinion it won't, then he is a goner...

Exactly. People tend to forget that part about his former contract negotiations, and it baffles me how people can't seem to see (or accept) the current situation for what it is, - a stalemate, with lines already having been drawn, and with feet already having been firmly planted.

The summer has passed, and obviously JTM was prioritized then, and now the season has started and I see no reason why anything would be resolved until the Christmas freeze or TDL (TDL would be a gamble IMO).

I just hope BH's party will negotiate and accept a trade that is suitable to the needs of the Canucks, and at their timing, but I'm not holding my breath on that. He's holding out for the big bucks, or (for the millionth time) he'd be signed already.

With that being said, it would be brutal (but I wouldn't be shocked, surprised maybe) if Bo left for UFA at season's end, so again I'm hoping the matter will be dealt with before it's too late. It may already be.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Agents and GMs play this game all the time.  Meanwhile, Canuck management are comparing Bo to RNH ($5.1x8).

Nuge gave up salary to stay with the Oilers.  He's 2yrs older than Bo and doesn't play C very often. 

I think a better comparable would be Brayden Schenn (6.5x8m).  Bo doesn't play as physical as Brayden,

but he is 4yrs younger.

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

EP, you are bang on. I have thought this many times also. Yes, he appears to have checked out.

18 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This totally makes sense. The way he played last night, supports this notion. I think there has been tension between them for awhile and this(Miller signing) might have been the straw that broke the camels back.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, he is the rub....................

Last year we never recovered enough from the first 10 games, and you are thinking Christmas..................hmmmm???????????????

Can we risk it being that long?

No we can’t to be honest. I think he is checked out and we need to make a move sooner than later. The longer this drags on the worse it will be for both parties. I’m actually hoping something gets resolved one way or another by months end. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1